Pai combos

TRI Mike

Can anyone make a combo video for her¿ None of those are working for me. I must be reading the inputs wrong or something, lol

EDIT: Hoods, you are using a 9P+K command in your combos. She doesn't have any move like that. I don't understand.

HoodsXx

She does. I'll see if I can post a combo video sometime next week, to demonstrate these combos. Hopefully I'll have a decent working camera to do this on, or get my friend to record it.

HoodsXx

Some more combos. :O These work on lightweight and middleweight AND heavyweight (Woot) Anyways the combo is:
:2: :H+K: >> :4: :4: :K: :K: >> :6: :6: :K: :P: >> :P: >> :6: :6: :H+K: >> :2: :P: :P: :K: :K: (NH is 96 Damage)/ (CH is 122 Damage)/ (HCH is 146 Damage)
Variation: :6: :6: :P+K: >> :h: >> :4: :4: :K: :K: >> :6: :6: :K: :P: >> :P: >> :6: :6: :H+K: >> :2: :P: :P: :K: :K: (XH is 96 Damage)/ (CH is 126 Damage)/ (HCH is 151 Damage).

Codemaster92163

We went over that combo on page 1 =P sad thing about it is, is that if someone can slow escape fast enough, they can counter the P after the 66K. It's still a wonderful combo, and I love it, but if people play Pai enough, they know to watch out for that Punch.

Oh, and I find a wicked cool new combo :D

So, first off, note that the combo is different for each weight class. :4::6::h::+::K: has some strange relaunch properties. If you hit it at the very last possible frame (maybe possible 2 frames) that it can rebound the opponent, you can get a :6::6::h::+::K: after it.

Now, as each weight class has different juggle heights, each weight class gets their own combo for this. Also, please keep in mind that this is on a flat surface. For inclines and hills, I don't quite know what will happen, but I'll gladly test it out shortly.

Anyways, for lightweights. After the CB, use :1::P: > :P: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K: (Against a wall, replace the :2::P::P::K::K: with :2::P::+::K: > :P: > :P::P::K::K: OR :2::P::+::K: > :P: > :P: > :4::6::6::P::+::K: )

Any of her combos ending with a :6::6::K::P: launcher (so long as it's near max threshold) can be finished with :6::4::P: >
clear.png
:4::6::h::+::K: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K: or whatever you want to finish it with.

On midweights, after the CB, use :3::3::P::+::K: > :P: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K:

Also on midweights, you can use the :3::h::+::K: launch at a high threshold (in case you think they'll counter your CB or :3::3::P::+::K: launcher) and do :4::6::h::+::K: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K:

As for heavy weights...well, they're a bit more tricky. The weird thing is that the combo doesn't always work on them. It would start off as, after your CB, to use :3::3::P::+::K: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K: , but for some reason, it doesn't work all the time. I think you have to delay the punch ever so slightly (by 1 frame) or the :4::6::h::+::K: in order for it to work all the time. Still, that's an unnecessary risk for a small increase in damage (unless there's a floor, then it's a nice increase), so it's up to you on whether or not you want to use it.

Soooo yeah, chances are there are more guaranteed ways (after they are launched in the air) to get this juggle, and I'm working on finding those out. But for now, this is what I have, and this is what I know. Just figured I'd share while working on it myself,

Tokkosho

danmit codemaster!!! ive been trying to get that to work on flat surfaces!!! i was able to do it on slopes but could never get it to work anywhere else!
also, have you learned the follow up on Flow? ill post it for anyone who wants it
after breaking the raft with a NON JUGGLE (so you get the wall bounce) do:
Lightweight only
66H+K>2P>P>66H+K>2P+K>PPKK (pretty strict timing, gotta go one after another quickly)

switch 2P+K with 2PPKK on mid and heavy weights

(lightweight only)
66H+K>2P+K>64P>66H+K>2P+K>PPKK
(the PPKK is weird, it doesn't always register the first/second P, so you cant really just throw it out there, gotta delay the second one just a tiny bit...-on heavy weights instead of 64P you can do p>66H+K>2PPKK, actually much easier for me than the lightweight one)

on normal hit every follow up here does 113 EXCEPT for the lightweight only ones, which do 117.
i would recommend just doing the 113 one, its easier and only a 4 point difference. If you find a better one let me know!

This seemed like the best place to post this. Hi counter low kick hold, into guaranteed 3K, into 66P = CB in 3 moves -- provided the opponent doesn't SE or is slow to do so.

HoodsXx

33H+P on Hi counter tho. 66 8 P+K is better imo. since that gives them a sit down stun in BT which is guaranteed. Since you can't hold / SE when in BT.

Codemaster92163

Also, I learned that her 66F+K does the perfect rebound when a juggled opponent has 42 frames of inactivity. Well, at least concerning the Computer. So, if you want to find combos that let your 66F+K rebound for the best height, look to see that you are at +42 frames before you would initiate the kick.

You sure they can't just SE and block it? If so it's not guaranteed D:.
The 3K follow-up is guaranteed.

Since we're on the subject... The statement that, Pai's holds can be SE'd is troubling to me. If you would; go into training, with SE turned off and critical hold set to fastest, perform Pai's 66K+H after a mid kick hold and see if it connects. It NEVER connects when I perform Pai's 66K+H after a mid kick hold. I find it troubling, not because it's true, but because SE doesn't actually change anything that was going to hit guaranteed anyway.

HoodsXx

Is the PB guaranteed after the 3K though, if not it's not guaranteed. And I usually go for 66P+K, since a lot of people try to hold mid. Or I just go for a grab. Depends on what the opponent does in that "panic" moment.

Codemaster92163

Got a few new ones here.

This works for mid-weights consistently enough, but not so much on light-weights, though it MAY work if you're spaced just well enough.

:6::K::P: > :3::P::P: > :6::h::+::K: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K:

:6::h::+::K: is actually a really great move. It's uncounterable, and so long as you get it to even close to the CS threshold (just into the red on the final kick), you'll get +43 frames on all weights. Followed by the :P:, you get +42 on both light and mid weights, perfect for the :4::6::h::+::K: combo. Now, for some reason or another, this move works differently than the other combos. The :4::6::h::+::K: only connects on light-weights if they are a little further away from you than normal. Not sure why, but that's how it is. For mid weights, it's consistent enough as I said. Just the timing on the :P: is a little tricky now that buffering was lessened.

Another combo for both mid and lightweights is any single stun (on normal, CH or HCH, doesn't matter) followed by :3::P:(HOLD):K: > :P: > :4::6::h::+::K: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K:

Also, if you're on an electric floor stage fighting a light-weight, a stronger finisher after using :6::6::h::+::K: is actually :2::P::P::6::P: > :2::K:

The wrestlers (Tina and Lisa) have strange properties. In the juggle department, they count as mid weights (I'm using the :4::6::h::+::K: combo as a guideline considering it has to be down to a single frame to connect), yet the :2::P::+::K: connects on them after :6::6::h::+::K: as though they were lightweights. The combos themselves are also more finicky, so when fighting those two, I don't really recommend going for the :4::6::h::+::K: unless you feel lucky and instead say to opt for the normal :6::6::h::+::K: combo

HoodsXx

No. The person can tech on the ground, before the move hits them resulting in you being at disadvantage. If you use a move that's a hard knock down though, or if they don't automatically tech after a combo. You can do :p+k or do :1 :h+k

FatalxInnocence

Hey! I figured out a combo without looking at other peoples... so I'm not sure if it's been done before. Sorry if it has.

6KP 6P 66K 66P 1P 66H+K 2PP6P 9KK ~ It's a critical burst combo I came up with like 5 minutes ago... without looking at other peoples so like I said, yeah sorry if its been done and written before.

I just really like 3PP6P and wanted to work it into a combo string, finally managed to!

That's the combo if any of you want to check it out.

Codemaster92163

Thankfully, while her throws may be bad compared to most of the cast, she can have some really nice throw loops.

I'll just put in a few moves to do after the throws. Everything else is up to the player with how they want to continue their mix-up.

:4::6::h::+::P:: >> :6::P:: >> :P:

A decent follow up is :4::4::K::K: >> :6::6::h::+::K: >> :2::P::+::K: (light and mid weights) :P: :4::6::6::P::+::K:

:2::4::h::+::P:: >> :6::6::h::+::K: (everyone knows this one, yet people always think they can counter the :4::K: that usually follows this, letting you do...)

:6::4::h::+::P:

This throw is my favorite, and here are some mix-ups to try out.

:P::P::K: >> [(:6::K::P::9::P::+::K:), (:3::P::P::9::P::+::K:)] >> [(:P:), (:h::+::P:)]
:P: >> :6::P: >> :3::K::P: >> :6::6::P: >> Any Critical Burst Combo
:P: >> :6::P: >> :3::P: >> :6::h::+::K: >> :P: >> :4::6::h::+::K: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K:

HoodsXx

I don't know if I put this up already... But a throw mix up you can do when you've put your opponent next to a wall is this: :6: :4: :H+P: >> :3: :P+K: >> :6: :6: :H+K: >> :2: :P+K: >> :2: :P: :P: :K: :K:

Tokkosho

hmmm no ones posted somethin in awhile so i guess ill post some simple stuff
on lightweights if you use 66H+K after a high counter, you can follow up with 2PP6P>>PPP7K or 2PP6P>>466P+K for a guaranteed force tech putting you at +17 (also works on mid weights)
on mids if you dont wanna do the force tech you can swap it with 9KK, but i suggest the FT as its only a 5 dmg difference.
SLOPE
after a high counter and typical launcher do 2PP6P PPKK (light and midweights)
for heavyweights id say either go for 466P+K if you want the cliffhanger or 9KK if you wanna save it.after a normal launcher a good slope combo is 46H+K>>P>>66H+K>>2PP6P>>466P+K (or) PPP7K(should work after most launchers in stun)
^gotta be near top of scramble for this one and mid/light only.. not sure about heavies yet.
all these slope combos are based on scramble, dont know if there are any diff slopes (depth has a slight slope i believe)

Codemaster92163

Sorry - I'd offer new combos, but I haven't been able to play my 360 for a while now. In the middle of a move, and I won't have access to it until next Sunday =P

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD