PC: Community Mod Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

ah i see, well thanks for updating the links, maybe one day the original author would uplode them here. :)

But were you able to download and use them in the end?

EDIT:

Here is the Blood texture (can work with any characters) : Blood Texture Download

LolaGMODS I tested the mod but actually it seems to work limited only to 4 characters (Rachel, Marie Rose, Phase 4, Nyotengu), while the sweating effect appear ordinary on the rest of the cast. Maybe some additional texture files are missing from your download (it included only the file "game_W1024_H1024_F894720068_T_0XEF9E25D9F3398EEB.png")?

2nd EDIT: Correction, I realized that this is something related to the kind of outfit (or at least even to it): for example the sweat of Kokoro doesn't appear red with her C1 but does it with her C4.

Last edited:

skullknight

But were you able to download and use them in the end?

EDIT:

LolaGMODS I tested the mod but actually it seems to work limited only to 4 characters (Rachel, Marie Rose, Phase 4, Nyotengu), while the sweating effect appear ordinary on the rest of the cast. Maybe some additional texture files are missing from your download (it included only the file "game_W1024_H1024_F894720068_T_0XEF9E25D9F3398EEB.png")?

2nd EDIT: Correction, I realized that this is something related to the kind of outfit (or at least even to it): for example the sweat of Kokoro doesn't appear red with her C1 but does it with her C4.
@Kronin yeah the new links worked, thank you. :)

nebula

damn... this one got skills

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4788255

i was working on the same project since 2/3 days and getting close.. but he works faster than me.
anyway i'll keep this project in mind because it seems that sharing is not his priority. I tried to log in & download but it didn't work.

@LolaGMODS
i have to deal with few bugs and i'll upload some projects i made in .dds ( i work with .png du to a bug in photoshop)

Last edited:

skullknight

hey @Kronin, so i tried the costumes and there seem to be problems. when i go to the charater select, i go to some of the charaters and the game crashes. is there a way to fix it ?

With all this textures upgrading and outfits modding... has anyone looked into the posibility of tinkering with and improving particle effects, in terms of resolution and of volume?

Goshtic

With all this textures upgrading and outfits modding... has anyone looked into the posibility of tinkering with and improving particle effects, in terms of resolution and of volume?

Improving the Dirt and Water effect as well, since those low resolution texture ruins a high-definition skin/cloth texture by overlapping on top of them

Kronin

hey @Kronin, so i tried the costumes and there seem to be problems. when i go to the charater select, i go to some of the charaters and the game crashes. is there a way to fix it ?

Very likely you added two DLC packs that share one or more custom outfit for a character/s in the same slot: when you try to select one of these slots the game can't say what outfit to use (just because 2 or more share that same place in the datas) and so everything crashes.

There is no soloution at the moment if not very simple keeping just one of the DLC packs that cause the problem.

immi

hi fellow modders ,
i have written a small tool that I thought I would share :)
It will load all the asset information from the game.exe and lnk/bin files. You can then extract and replace those assets. After replacing something, it will automatically update the necessary data entries in the game.exe, so that the game actually can succeed in loading the new stuff.

// edit:
update v3 here (should work with 1.02/1.02A/1.03beta)

update v2 here (for 1.02A, doesn't need cracked files anymore)

LNK_ReShuffle v1: Download (only works with version 1.02)

You will need the cracked .exe/steam_api.dll for this( see readme.txt ). But you have to hunt for those files for yourself :p, they are not included in the download. (I hope that way it is okay for the mods/admins ?)
I strongly suggest making a copy of your DOA5LR folder for this. The tool will probably still feature several bugs, and once you messed up the game.exe or data files, the game won't run anymore. And their aint no undo button ;). So keep a backup.
the tool also isn't very good at error checking or informing you about things that went wrong - keep an eye on the console window, errors will show up there.

But since I just successfully went through all characters and replaced all those annoying santa costumes, i think the program works well enough to share it :)

what doesn't work:
- DLCs
- i have no clue where the thumbnails for the non-dlc costumes are stored, they don't seem to have an .---p file!?
- the file names (taken from archivarius) and the costume order in the game often don't really match, which is rather annoying. Anybody knows where those file names come from? Did that maybe change compared to the console version?
As you will see, with Ayane I started to properly rename things to follow the in-game order. It is a rather tedious work though :/, but maybe that can be outsourced to the internet crowd? :p

the tool is based a lot on doa5archivarius from the xentax forums, so credit to all the hardworking people there wrote who that. I would post this over at xentax, but apparently they prefer to hide behind a paywall :(
(obviously they missed the recent shitstorm over paid mods :p)
oh well ..
but this forum seems rather nice as well(and unlike most other places it isn't (solely) focused on exposing as much skin as possible :rolleyes:)

//edit: updated download link

Last edited:

ChrisArmoun

hi fellow modders ,
i have written a small tool that I thought I would share :)
It will load all the asset information from the game.exe and lnk/bin files. You can then extract and replace those assets. After replacing something, it will automatically update the necessary data entries in the game.exe, so that the game actually can succeed in loading the new stuff.
Download

You will need the cracked .exe/steam_api.dll for this( see readme.txt ). But you have to hunt for those files for yourself :p, they are not included in the download. (I hope that way it is okay for the mods/admins ?)
I strongly suggest making a copy of your DOA5LR folder for this. The tool will probably still feature several bugs, and once you messed up the game.exe or data files, the game won't run anymore. And their aint no undo button ;). So keep a backup.
the tool also isn't very good at error checking or informing you about things that went wrong - keep an eye on the console window, errors will show up there.

But since I just successfully went through all characters and replaced all those annoying santa costumes, i think the program works well enough to share it :)

what doesn't work:
- DLCs
- i have no clue where the thumbnails for the non-dlc costumes are stored, they don't seem to have an .---p file!?
- the file names (taken from archivarius) and the costume order in the game often don't really match, which is rather annoying. Anybody knows where those file names come from? Did that maybe change compared to the console version?
As you will see, with Ayane I started to properly rename things to follow the in-game order. It is a rather tedious work though :/, but maybe that can be outsourced to the internet crowd? :p

the tool is based a lot on doa5archivarius from the xentax forums, so credit to all the hardworking people there wrote who that. I would post this over at xentax, but apparently they prefer to hide behind a paywall :(
(obviously they missed the recent shitstorm over paid mods :p)
oh well ..
but this forum seems rather nice as well(and unlike most other places it isn't (solely) focused on exposing as much skin as possible :rolleyes:)
This gives me a very good idea. Will have to test it when I get off work today

immi

Um, so you're saying you figured out how to resolve the games checksum? :)
there is a flag in the .exe for each asset that enables or disables whether the checksum is checked. I simply clear the flag when new data gets written into the file. (though, since we are already modifying the .exe, we could have simply disabled the check alltogether ...)

second thing is that size of the asset is saved in the .exe. That needs to be updated as well

The Enforcer

there is a flag in the .exe for each asset that enables or disables whether the checksum is checked. I simply clear the flag when new data gets written into the file. (though, since we are already modifying the .exe, we could have simply disabled the check alltogether ...)

second thing is that size of the asset is saved in the .exe. That needs to be updated as well

Thanks, that's brilliant! I didn't know that had been resolved. It's not the 'E0' flag is it? That's what it used to be on the Xbox, but I tried that when PC first launched and it hadn't worked back then.

immi

Thanks, that's brilliant! I didn't know that had been resolved. It's not the 'E0' flag is it? That's what it used to be on the Xbox, but I tried that when PC first launched and it hadn't worked back then.
it it part of the E0 flag, yes.
the 0x80 bit -> enables the xor encryption, the 0x40 bit i don't know, and the 0x20 bit enables the crc check
so change e0 to c0 and the crc check is gone
from what I have tested, if you disabling all bits, it allthough means you have to remove the zip compression.
sadly it seems we can't disable the encryption and keep the compression :/, would probably save at least 0.5s on loading time :D

did you do your tests with the original, uncracked version? I couldn't get it to work there either. I assume there are some other checks that trigger as soon as any modification to the .exe happens. Luckily those seemed to be removed in the cracked version (at least thats my assumption)

The Enforcer

Yes, my original tests were with the original. I'll have to try this again soon.

Even if compression is lost, it's okay. That was the norm for working with the console version. Just being able to mod & swap the core files again is a huge step forward.

h45g

Names come from DOA5 demo on xbox360 (where they were still unencrypted) and, for most part, stays the same since Ultimate. It's bad idea to try to change name convention now. Moreover, in-game costume number depends on what content (e.g. DLC) installed and changes dynamically.

Kronin

Sarah-152.jpg

This gives just a literal meaning to Satan Sarah, right @Brute? xD

There is a new DLC tool that allows the possibility to give modded outfits even to Alpha-152, here the direct link: http://www.gamevixenzone.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=24665&d=1431744016

As the author said the slots reserved to Alpha costumes are the n° 7, 8, 9, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20. After to have injected the files of the wished outfit at that point is necessary, through a long process of trial and error (now I realized what you meant @ChrisArmoun!) to select the right combination of face and hairstyle for getting the final outcome (in this case Alpha-152 can use Sarah's face and hairsyle using respectively the numbers 5 15 and 40 31).

EDIT: For a mistake, in this picture Sarah is actually using Christie's face.

Last edited:

LolaGMODS

Standard Donor
Your PAI - "Blue" Mod and your CHRISTIE - "Sensual" Mod can't i download :(
Can you fix that, please?!
Thank you very much :)

Hello Bismarck, nice to see you here :)
I fixed links for these mods you can now download them.

About the costume of Honoka that you are looking for I saw it somewhere in DLC Method I will try to find it again if no one replied to you before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD