PC: Community Mod Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolaGMODS

Standard Donor
I made some new mix again, I am very grateful to bbb for the tutorial again, I am really enjoying swap mod ! :)

Image1097.jpg
Image1100.jpg
Image1102-2.jpg

LolaGMODS

Standard Donor
I want that Sarah (or Christie?) + Leifang + Tina mix! =)

The second picture ?
This is Tina body / costume & face + hair from Leifang + make up, eyes & nails recolored (I enhanced the hair too).

Here is a picture without make up :

Image1098.jpg

I always use normal swap and add separate mods with uMods, I mean the DLC don't containt the mods, only the mix.

navmesh

6 was an example. you have to pick your own object.
e.g
object 1 is hat
object 2 is gloves.
object 3 is socks

if I want to make socks transparent, then I need to go to object 3.

I first modify geodecl jump to object 3 and put a "01" there, as per previous screenshot.
then I go to objinfo and jump 3 blocks as per the following.

According to this screenshot object 1 and 2 are already transparent. object 3 is not.

3YWeoHb.png
Thank you so much , now i understand it clearly :)

john smith

6 was an example. you have to pick your own object.
e.g
object 1 is hat
object 2 is gloves.
object 3 is socks

if I want to make socks transparent, then I need to go to object 3.

I first modify geodecl jump to object 3 and put a "01" there, as per previous screenshot.
then I go to objinfo and jump 3 blocks as per the following.

According to this screenshot object 1 and 2 are already transparent. object 3 is not.

3YWeoHb.png

thanks for the tutorial, I was able to remove part of Christie's Halloween dress with no problem
2015-06-06_00005.jpg
2015-06-06_00004.jpg

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Here's one. Perhaps one of you guys can do Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers into Nyotengu for giggles. You can probably use Ayane's wings for it and hair color to light nade green. Does not have to be perfect.

nyotengu_costume_6_by_momijihayabusa-d7xsk9p.jpg

Morrigan2.png

You guys can do it. I believe you in all. Honest.

bbb

okay, so first you want to pick a relatively large object, reason is the body is large and has 64 bytes per vertex.
they're organized into buffers and you don't want to mix them up. you want to make the swap between 2 objects that are both 64.

In my case I used the jacket since I knew that was likely to be 64. you can check which ones are 64 by loading up the equivalent 360 tmc into 3dmax and check which objects are 44s (360 version of 64s). otherwise picking the largest object is usually a good approximation, general rule is, if it can get dirty and get wet, then it's likely a 64 object.

Now that you have the body and your target. you want to jump to the geodecl for your target object. from there, move 0x70 down and you'll see a string of 4 numbers sort of like this:

EC 1D 00 00 BA 0C 00 00 E3 10 00 00 22 06 00 00

what this is saying is the index start at 1D EC goes for 0CBA index length.
the vertex start at 10E3 and goes for 0622 vertex lengths (not that this was relevant)

copy this string down.

Next go to the geodecl for your body object, and copy down the equivalent numbers.

Now swap the two sets around. your target object is now pointing at your body model and your body model is pointing at the old target object.

adjust the textures for both objects as desired.
make the target object transparent the usual way.

I got it semi working. I don't have 360 tmc's or 3d max, so I just tried with random objects. went with the bikini top since it gets wet, but a couple issues came up

QpXi7us.jpg

rukhQW7.jpg

R8qqF9W.png

there are noticeable seams and dark areas in the body, similar to using the miyako tmc on a character. The alpha appears uneven for some reason (noticeable on close ups). and the bikini top used transparency before, now it has the special rule the skin had and no longer has it :/ so I tried with a different part at random. the knot for the underwear.

Ljl8S0R.jpg

XtONlCh.jpg

the uneven alpha problem went away, but the seam and dark issue is still there. also the texture used for the knot, is the same texture used for the rest of the bikini except the top, so when switching the textures, the knot seems fine, but the rest now use the skin texture :/

could the seam issue be caused by the other objects not being 64?

afaik you can't really add new stuff via DLC's. You can just fill pre-defined costume slots with content.

In doa5U, they had 3 dlc characters. marie rose, phase 4 and nyotengu. TN also stated that there could also be more dlc characters for LR. could there be a chance that pre-defined character slots exist also?

Here's one. Perhaps one of you guys can do Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers into Nyotengu for giggles. You can probably use Ayane's wings for it and hair color to light nade green. Does not have to be perfect.

nyotengu_costume_6_by_momijihayabusa-d7xsk9p.jpg

Morrigan2.png

You guys can do it. I believe you in all. Honest.

I had planned to try this when custom model tools become available. I'm a fan of morrigan. I made her and lilith as separate characters in street fighter x tekken back in the day.

http://bbbsfxt.deviantart.com/gallery/49381955/Morrigan-and-Lilith

LSC

I got it semi working. I don't have 360 tmc's or 3d max, so I just tried with random objects. went with the bikini top since it gets wet, but a couple issues came up

Nah if the other object wasn't 64, it would have just crashed and burned lol.
or ended up with the model exploding probably.

lucky for you, every object on that bikini wgt_body is 64s.

the seams are probably caused by the normal maps.
you want to do a complete swap,

all textures swapped between the two.
of course this means you'll have to find a target object with a normal map slot.

actually

lets do this instead of swapping the textures, lets just redirect the object to use the body texture slot.
So you do everything that you've done up to now, swap the objects etc. Next instead of swapping the textures around, simply point the swapped object to the correct texture using hex.

the 1B and 1A under the 18, might be be normal map and sweat texture slots, can't tell from noesis and I haven't tested them. (1A = texture 26 normal, 1B = texture 27 sweat)

if just swapping the first value doesn't work, you might have to look into swapping the untested values too.

crTj4mQ.png

Last edited:

immi

In doa5U, they had 3 dlc characters. marie rose, phase 4 and nyotengu.
but i bet there was an update to the game before they started selling those 3 dlc characters ?

TN also stated that there could also be more dlc characters for LR. could there be a chance that pre-defined character slots exist also?
i am 98% sure there aren't any.

bbb

Nah if the other object wasn't 64, it would have just crashed and burned lol.
or ended up with the model exploding probably.

lucky for you, every object on that bikini wgt_body is 64s.

the seams are probably caused by the normal maps.
you want to do a complete swap,

all textures swapped between the two.
of course this means you'll have to find a target object with a normal map slot.

actually

lets do this instead of swapping the textures, lets just redirect the object to use the body texture slot.
So you do everything that you've done up to now, swap the objects etc. Next instead of swapping the textures around, simply point the swapped object to the correct texture using hex.

the 1B and 1A under the 18, might be be normal map and sweat texture slots, can't tell from noesis and I haven't tested them. (1A = texture 26 normal, 1B = texture 27 sweat)

if just swapping the first value doesn't work, you might have to look into swapping the untested values too.

crTj4mQ.png

Thanks for all the help :)

I figured out the cause for the seam. it was because the normal map for the skin is double layered. it has a regular normal, and wet normal in the same texture, and when swapping the objects, the new location doesn't recognize the double layered normal so it caused the seams when using the double layered skin normal, so I just had to convert the skin normal to single layered.

I managed to get the underwear texture back by pointing it to the correct texture with the method you posted. the order for it is texture, sweat/dirt, normal, specular.

eRhjUMA.png

TmgNZLD.jpg

there is only one issue remaining now.

the know which now uses the skin's original slot gets all shiny and black when wet

i tried reassign the specular and sweat locations, but it doesn't seem to be having an effect. for this costume its very minor and not a big deal, but doing the other costumes i might not be so lucky to be able to swap with a tiny part like this. Sorry to be bothering you with all these issues :oops:
but i bet there was an update to the game before they started selling those 3 dlc characters ? i am 98% sure there aren't any.
There was an update, I assumed it was just to give the characters to people who didn't buy them so they can see them online. Well there goes my custom character dream :(

LSC

did you change the mtrcol for the body to the one for the knot? or you can just point the body geodecl entry to the knots mtrcol number.

or maybe it's looking for that wet normal map.

Last edited:

bbb

did you change the mtrcol for the body to the one for the knot? or you can just point the body geodecl entry to the knots mtrcol number.

or maybe it's looking for that wet normal map.

Tried all of those, still same results. I also tried adjusting the mtrcol to make it more dull but it only helped a little.

mralex

Thanks for all the help :)

I figured out the cause for the seam. it was because the normal map for the skin is double layered. it has a regular normal, and wet normal in the same texture, and when swapping the objects, the new location doesn't recognize the double layered normal so it caused the seams when using the double layered skin normal, so I just had to convert the skin normal to single layered.

I managed to get the underwear texture back by pointing it to the correct texture with the method you posted. the order for it is texture, sweat/dirt, normal, specular.

eRhjUMA.png

TmgNZLD.jpg

there is only one issue remaining now.

the know which now uses the skin's original slot gets all shiny and black when wet

i tried reassign the specular and sweat locations, but it doesn't seem to be having an effect. for this costume its very minor and not a big deal, but doing the other costumes i might not be so lucky to be able to swap with a tiny part like this. Sorry to be bothering you with all these issues :oops: There was an update, I assumed it was just to give the characters to people who didn't buy them so they can see them online. Well there goes my custom character dream :(

This alpha looks like an anime model, Great!

LSC

oo if you don't mind the loss of the effect, see if you can disable the knots dirt and wet effects altogether and see what happens.

it might be something transparent trying to be applied but since it's a none transparent slot it's simply displaying black.

kind of strange since even the skin never had a problem with dirt and sweat over it.

if all else fails send me the file with error and some notes on what you did to it so far, I can have a look at it between now and next weekend.

wondering if it'd be more efficient to just hunt for the byte that tells the body to be transparent at this point. but then again we don't know what'll happen to the sweat and dirt textures after we do that anyway.

could be more problems lol

Last edited:

bbb

This alpha looks like an anime model, Great!

oo if you don't mind the loss of the effect, see if you can disable the knots dirt and wet effects altogether and see what happens.

it might be something transparent trying to be applied but since it's a none transparent slot it's simply displaying black.

kind of strange since even the skin never had a problem with dirt and sweat over it.

if all else fails send me the file with error and some notes on what you did to it so far, I can have a look at it between now and next weekend.

wondering if it'd be more efficient to just hunt for the byte that tells the body to be transparent at this point. but then again we don't know what'll happen to the sweat and dirt textures after we do that anyway.

could be more problems lol

I don't mind if the knot loses the wet affect, but I've been unsuccessful trying to turn it off. I tried swapping those textures, reassigning those textures and no results. there was a WGT_sweat_chest i noticed, there is no model by that name, so I'm assuming it controls the sweat effect, I tried turning that off by setting it to 00, but I didn't notice any change.

I decided to switch that issue to the knot at the back of the neck instead since its less visible being covered by hair most of the time, but ponytails don't cover it.

I took a break from that and decided to work on getting the head transparent and more problems showed up lol

the face skin has the same issue as the regular skin. i'm thinking I would have to have it trade spots with the glass frames, but that's in a different ObjGeo, not sure if that's easy. I also tried doing it with alpha's original head instead of the modified kasumi's. It all seemed fine in noesis, but its completely invisible in game for some reason :/

well if your willing to take a look at it, I appreciate it. here are the files

http://www.mediafire.com/download/23o9fvm8zjso6oi/alp.7z

what i did so far was swap the underwear knots with the bra knots, so the issue is only seen with ponytails or bald. the GeoDecl for the affected knot's original location is at 00001F30 and moved to 00002420 (the infected area). the skin which was originally at 00002420 is now at 00001CA0. the skin sweat and dirt textures are painted blank. both heads have their transparency turned on and work fine in noesis.

Last edited:

navmesh

Is there a 3dsmax script that import doa5LR TMC (PC version) ?
i googled and found DOA5 Importer , maxsciprt for doa5 research,DOA5 Vertex Injector but none works
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD