DOA5LR PC-version information collection

WAZAAAAA

Tested it with tokyopewpew, works but the non-host only had access to keyboard. Doesnt detect controller

Hopefully Nvidia fixes it.
Make the non-host use AntiMicro. For AntiMicro to work with DOA5 you gotta connect the controller AFTER the "This game saves data automatically at certain points etc." screen shows.

Kronin

New DLC packs are now on the steam store.

The news is that they are effectively separated entities between them, so with a DLC for each pack just like happen for console (however sigle outfits for single characters are still not there), Maybe they could have found a partial agreement with Valve @Mr. Wah? (of course only if the 20 items maximum wasn't a rumor).

Old Bear

Standard Donor
For some reason when I load the game up I have the costumes for Fighter Force but I did not purchase that. I looked under my downloads and it shows that I did download the Falcom set. So real confused at the moment. Also not sure how to contact Team Ninja about this issue.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The news is that they are effectively separated entities between them, so with a DLC for each pack just like happen for console (however sigle outfits for single characters are still not there), Maybe they could have found a partial agreement with Valve @Mr. Wah? (of course only if the 20 items maximum wasn't a rumor).

I don't know what their limit is. I just know they were "approaching it".

For some reason when I load the game up I have the costumes for Fighter Force but I did not purchase that. I looked under my downloads and it shows that I did download the Falcom set. So real confused at the moment. Also not sure how to contact Team Ninja about this issue.
I've referred it to the community manager.

The Enforcer

Yay, more modding options \o/ and then much pained wallet, lol :(

Re: DLC, how could they be approaching a limit for PC version when the occasionally mentioned Train Simulator has exactly a bajillion DLC items?

WisperG

Yay, more modding options \o/ and then much pained wallet, lol :(

Re: DLC, how could they be approaching a limit for PC version when the occasionally mentioned Train Simulator has exactly a bajillion DLC items?
Refer to the previous page. Wah linked to a Steam forum thread where this and other questions were detailed.

The gist of it was that every deal is different. The TS devs probably have a really good relationship with Valve, so they're allowed more freedom when it comes to how much DLC they can release.

The Enforcer

Refer to the previous page. Wah linked to a Steam forum thread where this and other questions were detailed.

The gist of it was that every deal is different. The TS devs probably have a really good relationship with Valve, so they're allowed more freedom when it comes to how much DLC they can release.

Thanks, never would have seen that otherwise. So it's a matter of contract then. :-/

Wouldn't be shocked on TS's arrangement... That probably generates a fair amount of revenue for both Valve and the developer.

Mr Armageddon X

I saw an article on my news feed regarding the most expensive DLC on Steam and instantly thought of DOA5:LR, very surprised when it turned out to be Train Simulator, over $2000 for all the DLC your having a laugh.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I saw an article on my news feed regarding the most expensive DLC on Steam and instantly thought of DOA5:LR, very surprised when it turned out to be Train Simulator, over $2000 for all the DLC your having a laugh.
It's also more awkward since their engine hasn't been updated in over 3 years with existing issues of some of the dlc you purchase just not working or crashing the game when running routes.

Kronin

I just started Steam, and DOA5LR updated with a 10 MB patch. I'm using the beta branch.

For using fully the 1.04 version you also need to deactivate your old beta (you can do it from the properties of your game on Steam, under the "Beta" section and choosing the option to not use any beta version) =)

FakeSypha

I just played 10-12 ranked matches against some dude with 4 bar connection. Not sure where the guy was from, but the experience was smooth. I'd say better than most the matches I've played online on PS3 versus local players.

A shame he/she left, and then kept searching eternally for another player :(

Also, thanks @Kronin . I wasn't aware the beta branch isn't needed anymore.

FakeSypha

The game client just updated again with a 10.8 MB patch. It doesn't give me an error when I exit the game anymore.

In other news, I've been playing at night and I could find a couple of players with a solid 4 bar connection. Some others with a laggy as hell 1 bar, but whatever. Something is better than nothing, I guess.

extravagant

Anyone have any news on the PC update with a final build on the netcode and the actual PS4 features?

We're still trotting around an incomplete game here... pissing me off

immi

Anyone have any news on the PC update with a final build on the netcode and the actual PS4 features?

We're still trotting around an incomplete game here... pissing me off
Team Ninja doesn't do "news". Either some update pops up out of the blue, ... or it does not ;)
but i would guess you can say goodbye to any dreams of getting the PS4 features. I don't see that happening
if we are lucky we get some crash fixes and a few more DLC.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD