DOA5LR PC-version information collection

WisperG

Anyone have any news on the PC update with a final build on the netcode and the actual PS4 features?

We're still trotting around an incomplete game here... pissing me off

They ported a completely different version of the game (Arcade, if I'm not mistaken). They would basically have to rework the entire game to include the next-gen features, but it's kind of hard to do that to a game that's been out for months.

They've already said it's not something they can do at this point, but that they've learned their lesson for next time. So, at the very least, we can expect DOA6 to be identical across all platforms if it comes to PC.

iwem.xo

I hope they don't consider their work done on the PC version though. There's an insane amount of crashes the past couple of days when looking online for matches, it still crashes when you exit, "join game" still launches the game windowed for some reason (it shouldn't even be an option, really), and there's still no way to play online with friends or filter for connection quality.
Not that I place much confidence in those being fixed anytime soon if at all, given how long they took with the throw crash.

WisperG

I hope they don't consider their work done on the PC version though. There's an insane amount of crashes the past couple of days when looking online for matches, it still crashes when you exit, "join game" still launches the game windowed for some reason (it shouldn't even be an option, really), and there's still no way to play online with friends or filter for connection quality.
Not that I place much confidence in those being fixed anytime soon if at all, given how long they took with the throw crash.

They're definitely not completely done working on the PC version yet. The online still gets updates periodically, and they've been keeping the balancing patches in line with the console versions. I think we can expect that, and DLC support, to continue for the foreseeable future.

extravagant

Excuse me guys... but didn't we FUCKING pay for this SHIT???

Unforgivable... quite enraging actually. I'm one who wants to play this game competitively and actively online with other players, and them not granting us that is just downright deceptive, dishonest, disrespectful, and unfaithful to PC players.

"Well why don't you get a PS4?"

Cuz I aint got money, and my PC rig is way better than PS4. Don't give me that exclusivity shit, that's bullshit. That would not fly at all here if it was an American company.

And last but not least WE PAID FOR THIS SHIT! And it's been almost a god damn year and STILL nothing.

What a disappointment

immi

new DLC is up:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/403351/

SCHOOLGIRL STRIKERS Mashup Set, 35€

highlight:
Note: Only the "Ultimate costumes" are provided. Characters cannot change into their school uniform costumes.
school girl DLC without school uniform. Let me guess, the price is equal to the console anyway?
"Get half the contents for the the full price. "

I was seriously wondering if TeamNinja could do anything to alienate their PC customers even more. But those guys just keep on delivering.
stellar performance ...

EA is looking like a respectable company in comparison by now

Mr Armageddon X

new DLC is up:

highlight:

school girl DLC without school uniform. Let me guess, the price is equal to the console anyway?

I was seriously wondering if TeamNinja could do anything to alienate their PC customers even more. But those guys just keep on delivering.
stellar performance ...

That seriously is terrible, I believe that is the price on consoles too. Seriously telling me they couldn't implement the transformation on PC, shocking, makes me glad I have a torrent version 1.02 to play this and use mods and custom music.
Love the EA quote, does sound like something they would do.

school girl DLC without school uniform.

My thoughts exactly, looking at the screenshots, I'd rather have the pre-transforming costumes than the generic anime robots being offered.

The North American site hasn't been updated, but the Japanese one lists the non-transforming, less-than-half-content Steam pack as being more expensive than the PS4 and XB1 versions of this DLC. The balls it takes to pull that stunt is downright impressive.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I don't think Keoi Tecmo should even try pulling these stunts any more. Just do what they did on ps3/360 and stop offering dlc content.

Players should also stop even buying these products anyway. You got the game and you can mod whatever you want.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I don't think Keoi Tecmo should even try pulling these stunts any more. Just do what they did on ps3/360 and stop offering dlc content.

Players should also stop even buying these products anyway. You got the game and you can mod whatever you want.
I'm pretty much there already man.

NightAntilli

I was going to make the PC my main platform for DOA, but how things turned out, I got an Xbox One anyway... The PC version of DOA5 feels incomplete.

NightAntilli

Playing online feels more solid on steam than on the Xbox One for me. Thing is, the steam version only has ranked, and you can have zero control over which sort of connection you'll have to fight against. So in the end it kind of negates the better connection stability.

SteakHachey

new DLC is up:

highlight:

stellar performance ...

And you didn't mention that with the Steam version you can't show your active DLC Costume to your oponnent if he didn't buy it =D. It will only show COS1 (or COS2) in match.
In PS4/XboxOne you can.

Last edited:

Nutehok

szn29ac.png

https://steamcommunity.com/app/311730/discussions/0/458605613399266804/

Randzz

They're not even putting a quarter of an assed effort into the PC version, let alone a half-assed one. It's OK to practice on, but no more then that. From what I've been hearing, the Steam version of DoA5LR & the Xb1 version have one thing in common: they're both ghost towns.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I think the PC team for this game is just a few people working on updates, which explains why progress has been really really slow.

I'm surprised a game like LR will end up without lobbies and friend invites. Pretty sure Skullgirls has more in terms of online functionalities.

I have no idea what can be done at this point to get people's interests again, but it's a shame a game like this which had so much potential ended up with a negative Steam release and didn't get a DX11 build to make up for that.

If they were going to keep most new content on ps4 & xb1, then why bother with a PC release in the first place? They really have no one but themselves to blame if they made any losses putting this on Steam.

One major positive which came from this was the new middling community for the game which has been the most active part of the community even since it started. I consider that to be the most positive aspect of the PC version.

Randzz

I'm surprised a game like LR will end up without lobbies and friend invites. Pretty sure Skullgirls has more in terms of online functionalities.

I have no idea what can be done at this point to get people's interests again, but it's a shame a game like this which had so much potential ended up with a negative Steam release and didn't get a DX11 build to make up for that.

If they were going to keep most new content on ps4 & xb1, then why bother with a PC release in the first place? They really have no one but themselves to blame if they made any losses putting this on Steam.

One major positive which came from this was the new middling community for the game which has been the most active part of the community even since it started. I consider that to be the most positive aspect of the PC version.
Tecmo/Koei has historically had "mutts" of their games for PC versions for some reason (I.E.: some aspects from the console releases are put in, others left out or replaced with something else). I don't know if it's a cultural thing, or they don't view the PC as a "gaming system" or what. Capcom started that way too, SFIV was actually fairly weak on PC when it initially dropped, now it's considered the strongest version (which I think is one of the reasons for the PS4 & PC/Steam cross~play for SFV, but that's another thread).

I'm starting to think that Koei/Tecmo felt like they were almost forced into making a PC/Steam version. When you're forced into doing something, you're simply not going to give it your all. It's a pity, such potential for the PC version. Their competitors would be wise to take notes.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD