DOA5LR PC-version information collection

Ooobe

The survey links are up on the steam forums. There's even a helpful comment that the "the survey is now closed" page is actually just a bad translation for your survey has been completed.

Koenji

Standard Donor
Thought this thread will be an appropiate place to say this as this is infomation the PC version.

Just to tell you guys that because of the bad PC launch that DOA5LR had, you can buy the game for £10/$15 on G2A. Its lingering between £7 to £12 pounds, just gotta buy it when you feel like a seller is gonna go low or G2A themselves.

G2A Notes

There are two different purchasable copies, the Global version and the Russian version.

DO NOT buy the russian version if your outside of russia. It will not work. The global version will work on any region.

If you want to get the game as a digital key or a steam gift, check the buyer first! These are shown through the usage of symbols. This honestly doesn't make a big difference. I get most of my games through gifts on G2A, but codes just as fine. These are symbols shown for the two methods of receving the game.

mubxck.png

Think of G2A as an Ebay for games, I usually only buy from people with a 100% sales percentage but if you want to you can also buy from lower sale percentages and pay for G2A shield. The shelid is basically your fallback if anything goes wrong in the transcation. G2A will send you one of their own copies.

It doesn't really matter what region you buy from but I usually tend to buy from your own region. When you buy from a different region and input the key, the game will automatically switch to that region, expect for Russian copies!

Remember to pay for vat, don't avoid dem VAT bruh unless your outside of Europe.. then you don't need to pay for taxes!

Global Version Link
https://www.g2a.com/r/doa5lastroundglobal

Russian Version Link
https://www.g2a.com/r/doa5lastroundru

Last edited:

NightAntilli

So... The game has just been updated/patched, around 18.3MB. No notes as of yet. Wonder what's changed... I'll go mess around see if I find something.

31gma

I heard they enabled VAC, hopefully that's not the case.

That's a rumor so far, uMod still works fine and I have yet to have the game crash. Hopefully no douchebag decides to use modding tools to exploit multiplayer once it comes out. Based on the Steam discussion the patch enabled improved compatibility for gamepads.

synce

Saw this on neogaf today. It's a really cool site that lets you see how badly DOA5 tanked on Steam

http://steamspy.com/app/311730

It got outsold by Killer Is Dead, a shoddy port of an extremely niche game lol But it did outsell Yaiba, which has the worst numbers I've ever seen.

One surprising thing is how popular DOA5 is in Korea. I thought that was Tekken land.

31gma

Saw this on neogaf today. It's a really cool site that lets you see how badly DOA5 tanked on Steam

http://steamspy.com/app/311730

It got outsold by Killer Is Dead, a shoddy port of an extremely niche game lol But it did outsell Yaiba, which has the worst numbers I've ever seen.

One surprising thing is how popular DOA5 is in Korea. I thought that was Tekken land.

Not really concerned about initial sales, I'm more interested in seeing the numbers in the near future. If modding continues to evolve in DOA5, I can see more sales and popularity, potentially surpassing its consoles.

NightAntilli

That's a rumor so far, uMod still works fine and I have yet to have the game crash. Hopefully no douchebag decides to use modding tools to exploit multiplayer once it comes out. Based on the Steam discussion the patch enabled improved compatibility for gamepads.
My Xbox One controller still doesn't work properly. Triggers are still mapped to the back and start buttons.

Kronin

From yesteday I'm finally a PC player of DoA5LR me too! ^^

For useful information to the other users that would like to compare their systems to mine for knowing how the game could work, I share here my specs:

CPU

AMD Phenom II X4 (4 cores) 965 3.4 Ghz (EDIT: sorry before I missed to wrote the fundamental info of the frequency, my bad!)
RAM

4,00GB Single Channel DDR3 @ 802 MHz
GPU
1024 MBATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

All the settings are the factory ones, cause so far I made no overclock on CPU, GPU or Ram (I wish before to install/purchase new fans on my case). As it's possible to see, this is a PC very far from being one of the last and best models, but even so I can assure that I'm able to play the game in a very great way.

At the best setting possible:
  • Full Screen
  • Resolution 1920x1080 Res (I can't use the higher one)
  • Shadow Resolution 4096x4096
  • Antialiasing 4x SSAA
The game runs to me on 45-50 frames: the slowdown is perceptive, but the game is far from appearing lagging or in slow motion, just more slow.

Lowering only the Shadow Resolution to 2048x2048, the game runs for me on 60 stable frames, safe for the Fuel Zone after the activation of the Danger Zone (the most heavy stage for calculations according to Mr. Wah), where the game where the frames appear to be aroung 53-57

Changing again only the Shadow Resolution to the lowest setting 1024x1024, the game runs for me on 60 stable frames on all the stages, included Fuel.

These are a few screenshots coming from the last setting:

game 2015-04-04 12-19-41-84.jpg

game 2015-04-04 15-01-22-21.jpg

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The game runs just fine on integrated graphics but you will be turning off shadows, AA, or both. This is all assuming you aren't trying to run it on a several year old computer, mind.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lowering only the Shadow Resolution to 2048x2048, the game runs for me on 60 stable frames, safe for the Fuel Zone after the activation of the Danger Zone (the most heavy stage for calculations according to Mr. Wah), where the game where the frames appear to be aroung 53-57

Changing again only the Shadow Resolution to the lowest setting 1024x1024, the game runs for me on 60 stable frames on all the stages, included Fuel.

Can someone post comparison pics of the different shadow resolutions? (We are talking about the self-shadowing, right?) It would really interest me, how these compare. Also, is the highest shadow resolution as good as the PS4 version or even better?

Kronin

Sorry for the delay @Tyaren.

I got the pictures that you requested: I've to say that the effect is basically imperceptible when you play the game (or at least I can't notce rilevant differences at all), however can be well noticed when you zoom on the shadow of the characters during a pose (with high settings, the shadow's countour is much more definite). Also, the contour of the shadow texture remain much more stable during the high quality, while it's subjected to a much more big flicker in the lowest one.

The settings for the shadow resolution are such:
Low: 1024x1024
Medium: 2048x2048
High: 4096x4096

I tested everything with a general resolution of 1920x1080, not sure if this influences the outcome or less.

Example 1:

Low:
LeggeraB.jpg

Medium:
MediaB.jpg

High:

AltaB.jpg

Example 2:
Low:
LeggeraC.jpg

Medium:
MediaC.jpg

High:

AltaC.jpg

Example 3:

Low:
LeggeraA.jpg

Medium:
MediaA.jpg

High:

AltaA.jpg

Example 4:
Low:
LeggeraD.jpg

Medium:
MediaD.jpg

High:

AltaD.jpg

Last edited:

Kronin

Thanks very much @Kronin! :) There really is hardly any difference.

There is some difference with the Playstation 4 version according to you?

By the way as I said zooming on the shadow during the ending pose (example 4) shows to you the most evident effect in absolute: the movement of the shadow's contourn in the light res compared to the high one (where is much more stable). But of course this can't be replicated through a picture and i don't know how to get a gif of it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD