DOA5LR PC-version information collection

Brute

Standard Donor
I used mods through umod but never worked on the actual files of the game extracting or modifying them.
Huh. If completely uninstalling/deleting local content and then reinstalling the game didn't work, I'm inclined to think it's an issue with your system rather than the game. Have you installed any programs recently, changed system settings or checked for viruses, adware and ghost programs?

Okay i use gamepad, so how do i gonna rotate the photo? Or there isn't, is it?
You got it! Apparently on top of everything TN decided to deny PC players, rotating the camera was to be yet another on the list.

Fuck us, right?

Kronin

Huh. If completely uninstalling/deleting local content and then reinstalling the game didn't work, I'm inclined to think it's an issue with your system rather than the game. Have you installed any programs recently, changed system settings or checked for viruses, adware and ghost programs?

Oh no, but I never thought the opposite, I'm pretty sure that the problem is of my system is just that I can't say the source of it. I've also updated Net Framworks and Direct X, but again everything seem to be not enough. The only thing that I installed yesterday was SweetFx configurator, but I was able to make start the game a first time through it and anyway now I deleted it. It's the only thing that I could think to be a possible cause, but not sure as it could have influenced the working of the game to a such point.

Brute

Standard Donor
Oh no, but I never thought the opposite, I'm pretty sure that the problem is of my system is just that I can't say the source of it. I've also updated Net Framworks and Direct X, but again everything seem to be not enough. The only thing that I installed yesterday was SweetFx configurator, but I was able to make start the game a first time through it and anyway now I deleted it. It's the only thing that I could think to be a possible cause, but not sure as it could have influenced the working of the game to a such point.
Yeah I don't know much about SweetFx, but that could certainly be the culprit, and sometimes third-party programs like that can run an initial time, but then cause problems afterword due to custom user settings that then become defaults (or after auto-updates, etc.). If it changes system strain, it could easily prevent a program from working depending on hardware limitations or cross-software incompatibility.
Have you tried uninstalling SweetFx, then reinstalling the game?

Kronin

Yeah I don't know much about SweetFx, but that could certainly be the culprit, and sometimes third-party programs like that can run an initial time, but then cause problems afterword due to custom user settings that then become defaults (or after auto-updates, etc.). If it changes system strain, it could easily prevent a program from working depending on hardware limitations or cross-software incompatibility.
Have you tried uninstalling SweetFx, then reinstalling the game?

I believe to have followed this route of the events, however I'm not more so sure now: for being sure I could try to uninstall again the game.

Also I reminded just now that it's possible that some files associates to SweetFx as "*.dll" could still be in the folder of the game, maybe they could be the responsible of the not working even in the absence of the software.

Brute

Standard Donor
I believe to have followed this route of the events, however I'm not more so sure now: for being sure I could try to uninstall again the game.

Also I reminded just now that it's possible that some files associates to SweetFx as "*.dll" could still be in the folder of the game, maybe they could be the responsible of the not working even in the absence of the software.
Right, that's why earlier I mentioned "deleting local content" in addition to uninstalling, as a raw uninstall can still leave files hanging around, especially if any third-party programs are involved or user-content has been added, replaced or manipulated.

Kronin

It worked! I uninstalled and reinstalled again the game, more this time I deleted manually all the files still present in the folder (originated from SweetFX). Thanks so much for your help @Brute, the solution was so simple but I wasn't thinking to it at all =)

Brute

Standard Donor
It worked! I uninstalled and reinstalled again the game, more this time I deleted manually all the files still present in the folder (originated from SweetFX). Thanks so much for your help @Brute, the solution was so simple but I wasn't thinking to it at all =)
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out.

Tempest

Has TN said literally anything new about the online? I promise that if it doesn't come out within 3 months when they already delayed it a month while not making it equal to the next Gen version and selling the dlc for 75 dollars a piece I will send them a very sternly written letter. Stern like the sinking Titanic.

The Enforcer

Yay, my comp is in, and DOA was first on the priority list to test, XD

I can run at last 1920 x 1080 with at least 2x AA without any chugging. That was without Shadows though, so I'll have to mess with the config more.

What's recommended for testing FPS? I don't spend much time on this stuff, so still a noob in that department.

Yuffie

Hey guys I'm trying to find a decent PC to play DOA and I'm a noob on PCs.
I found these but I do not know if they will run it smoothly.
What is the top things to consider on a PC.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cybertron-P...id=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=151658444513#viTabs_0
or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AMD-Gam...2&pid=100005&rk=4&rkt=6&sd=371309619569&rt=nc
I have no idea if AMD is any good.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be helpful even if you find a different PC.
PS, will i5 run DOA even though the req. say i7?
GPU?

The Enforcer

Hey guys I'm trying to find a decent PC to play DOA and I'm a noob on PCs.
I found these but I do not know if they will run it smoothly.
What is the top things to consider on a PC.
I have no idea if AMD is any good.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be helpful even if you find a different PC.
PS, will i5 run DOA even though the req. say i7?
GPU?

From recent experience, a lot of the chatter I ran into was that AMD wasn't as dominant as it was a few years ago. There were few AMD based machines that I saw in comparison to i5 & i7. I also heard that newer i5's are stronger than older i7's. I'm no expert, so some of that may need to be taken with a grain of salt. Based on previous discussion, I think making sure you have a good graphics card is relevant.

That said, I did get a newer i7 and dedicated graphics card in a laptop and it runs great, so getting comparable hardware in a desktop should be fine with higher(not highest) settings, so there's possibly lower spec possibilities.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Little Comparison:
PC (Medium Settings):
AB60CEDC11EF8F53FE9F665A5AFC6C61049446A8

PS3:
maxresdefault.jpg

PS4:
e3c96c20d0.jpg
PC still looks the best to me. Even with out the Soft(Placebo)Engine.

Kronin

Little Comparison:
PC (Medium Settings):
AB60CEDC11EF8F53FE9F665A5AFC6C61049446A8

PS3:
maxresdefault.jpg

PS4:
e3c96c20d0.jpg
PC still looks the best to me. Even with out the Soft(Placebo)Engine.

I agree, and actually you are really using medium settings because the shadows but overall the antialiasing can appear even more improved in the actual gameplay =)

I miss the added particles, but in no way the graphic of the next generation or the soft engine. Now if only was possible to include even The Crimson and Danger Zone, then everything would be perfect for me.

Last edited:

Dark_Ky

is it worth buying the PC version? I have the PS3 version.

I wanted to buy it at first but after it was known that the PC version was going to miss quite a few things (stages etc.) I didnt.

now after a few months in which I completely stopped playing DOA I wanted to get into it again and maybe buy a PC version if its not too bad.

- how is your experience with the PC version?

- online is avaible right? how is the netcode? does anyone even play it lol

- no way to transfer you brought DLC costumes to the PC right?

Last edited:

WisperG

@Dark_Ky

I love it. It's pretty much superior in every way to the PS3 version. The PC version is easily the best "last gen" version of the game, especially when it comes to graphics.

Online is not available yet. It should be patched in within the next month or two.

Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer costumes between consoles. You would have to rebuy them as part of rather expensive DLC bundles, which is the only way DLC is being offered on PC right now.

Randzz

I view the PC version as a mutt. KT is simply following what they've done with their other PC "optimized" games. I find the moves more responsive then on the console versions though; maybe because the online component isn't installed yet?

I find it annoying that I've got to unlock the default costumes all over again though. You might have to fool around with the controls too, it doesn't recognize the RT & LT buttons on the Xb1 controller for some reason, defaulting them to the back/select & start buttons respectively. PS4 controller works perfect though.

Randzz

With any luck this means that the online component is on the horizon. I also hope they do something like they did for the console version of LR, where you could unlock all the costumes by pressing certain buttons all at the same time. I don't relish having to re-unlock them all again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD