Community (Poll)So which version is everyone getting?

Which version or versions of 5LR are you getting

• Total voters

D Glock

It is a graphically superior piece of hardware with a D-Pad that isn't sunken in, making it a better choice for fighters that are cross-platform releases.

Amen. I've been messing around with 5U on PS3 recently using my PS4 controller (USB cable method) and it has been nothing but a wonderful bliss. It has done nothing but put a smile on my face. It definitely gets me even more excited for Last Round on PS4.

Last edited:

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I don't notice the graphics being better on PS4, if I want great graphics I'll just play games on my power house PC. I care about the games, and I believe that Sony's newer properties are not great, or competitively enticing to say the least.

The front runner is Uncharted... the second one was awesome no question. Don't really care about it anymore. You got Infamous, LittleBigPlanet and some more bullshit that drains people of life. You guys had free online but don't have it anymore. You guys have absolutely no games. I like the indie support, but really I don't see myself playing those kinds of games for long periods of time.

I have Gears of War, which is a far superior game to Uncharted in every possible level other than exaggerated colors; I have Halo which is far better than any shooter on Sony, and I have Killer Instinct which is far better than... wait Sony doesn't have a fighter yet. Right? But that's the premium choice for fighting games.

Microsoft took all my reasons to buy PS4 and took a giant shit on them. No MGS exclusive, no Final Fantasy exclusive... not even fuckin Kingdom Hearts.

Personally I like the One controller better than PS4 because of my small hands. And I have the ability to adapt to any controller anyway other than the original xbox duke controller (which a lot of people like).

I will be chainsawing locust with Lancers, you will be searching for an AK47 in the jungle that has hardly any ammo in it.

I was a big fan of Sony with the PS2 and PS1, but I hated the PS3 and Microsoft clearly won that battle with SUPERIOR online gaming that I had a lot of fun with, and Microsoft trumped Sony's library of games and quite literally screwed it up the behind.

Disappointed I was. Oh, and the Sigma games were also weaker than the NG games on XBOX, and overall Microsoft promotes the competitive scene far better than Sony does.

You think Gears is a decent game. We can't have an intelligent conversation.

Skilletor

The poster also just dismisses games that people like because he doesn't like them; thinks that getting KH3 and FF are reasons to get an XB1, but for some reason, not a ps4; dismisses indies, because reasons. The entire post is just console warrior BS that doesn't belong in this thread, and yet A MOD LIKED THE POST.

lololol. Fuck staying on topic. Let's foster this bullshit even though there's a thread for just this thing.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Normally I'd be the one cleaning up this shit rather than fostering it, but I think to myself... what IS the the point of this thread? "I'm getting it for this system." "I'm getting it for that system."

Theoretically that's all the discussion that should actually be allowed. Not much discussion at all, really. So eh, screw it.

Brute

Standard Donor
Normally I'd be the one cleaning up this shit rather than fostering it, but I think to myself... what IS the the point of this thread? "I'm getting it for this system." "I'm getting it for that system."

Theoretically that's all the discussion that should actually be allowed. Not much discussion at all, really. So eh, screw it.
This was basically my line of thought, since in the end, people will be getting it for whichever console they feel is a more promising investment.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I think Gears is an excellent game, and I am an excellent player.

I think gears 1 was an interesting, if not incredibly glitchy, game. I think every game that came after it was the same game, thus replacing curiosity with stagnation. Small changes were made, but not enough.

If it floats your boat then great, but I will always remember it as a half-finished glitchy mess with some redeeming qualities that no longer apply to a market over-saturated by shooters. People bought Gears 1 because it was somewhat unique. People bought every proceeding Gears because it was Gears. That's not enough reason for me to spend time on anything.

KwonJigglypuff

Based on Mad Catz stream, the PS4 doesn't look SO different from the PS3's version (no new hair physics, soft skin boobs isn't enough for me, sorry TN), so I will get DOA5LR on PS (digital).

synce

Yeah they didn't even update the intros. Still 30fps, and I'm assuming the cutscenes are also still 30fps/prerendered. It's PS4 though, the only console more slick than the PS triple.

137723791573.jpg

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The poster also just dismisses games that people like because he doesn't like them; thinks that getting KH3 and FF are reasons to get an XB1, but for some reason, not a ps4; dismisses indies, because reasons. The entire post is just console warrior BS that doesn't belong in this thread, and yet A MOD LIKED THE POST.

lololol. Fuck staying on topic. Let's foster this bullshit even though there's a thread for just this thing.
I liked his post because I skimmed it and saw that he liked the Xbox One controller. I didn't read the rest because I was at work. Also, I find that people get pissed whether I enforce structure or not so in some threads I just say "Fuck it!" and just let it go. Damned if I do, damned if I don't, so I'll be damned if I waste my time. It's the fucking weekend and I'm just happy I don't work for two days.

Carry on.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'm buying an Xbox One instead of PS4 because most of my friends are going to that console once DOA5LR comes out. Plus, ending my account progress on the Xbox would be a waste if I just switch to PS4 now (considering I have a lot of games at the moment).

gnooz

I voted for Xbox One but I am not sure my mind keeps changing I may buy PS4 and maybe I won't buy next gen LR I want to buy DOA6 on next gen already bored with DOA5.

GeomighT

voted on PS4 ,better controller.... better visuals ... bigger DoA community on PSN and lastly Playstation Plus* is always on sale for $30 on Christmas like clockwork thats 72 Free games across PS Vita / PS3 / PS4 a year :rolleyes:

werewolfgold

This isn't specifically about Team Ninja, but it may end up being a trend and thus relevant to everyone's decision making process.

http://kotaku.com/heads-up-your-new-last-gen-game-may-not-get-dlc-1644478716

It even mentions some new games on last gen not getting patches because the architecture is too different to maintain for both generations and be cost effective. It seems like GGXrd is stuck in this regard because of their promise of cross-gen play, but who knows what's going to happen going forward...

Kronin

This isn't specifically about Team Ninja, but it may end up being a trend and thus relevant to everyone's decision making process.

http://kotaku.com/heads-up-your-new-last-gen-game-may-not-get-dlc-1644478716

It even mentions some new games on last gen not getting patches because the architecture is too different to maintain for both generations and be cost effective. It seems like GGXrd is stuck in this regard because of their promise of cross-gen play, but who knows what's going to happen going forward...

I'm not sure if is related but about a similar matter Team NINJA already said that they wished a cross gen-play between consoles for 5LR, but then they abandoned the idea for the specs too much different with the new generation consoles.

Zeo

Arnheim said:
At some point, the industry has to move forward; older platforms cannot expect support in perpetuity.

The SNES lived a decent life after the advent of the N64, but it went gentle into that good night—just as the PSX did in the wake of the release of the PS 2, and the XBox following the emergence of the XBox 360.

This is not new.

Why is it being treated as if it is?

Essentially my thoughts on this particular matter. People are always trying to find something to get up in arms about.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
360 and Xbox One. Love that I'll finally have a digital copy for my 360. I play so much DOA5, that it should be an app on my 360 lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD