Senran Kagura Series

Jadeinchains

Hey guys. I'm new to the SK series, and I must say, I'm having a great time. I bought EV a week or so ago and I was wondering if anyone still play it? The game seems to be dead online, unfortunately. I'm also really looking forward to playing PBS; it seems really fun!

Welcome!

but I will be playing PBS online when it comes out for US

Maybe I'll see you online Kasumi...and If I do, prepare to lose. :)

giphy.webp

Maple

I got the dual shinobi hearts missions for estival versus over the weekend. I havent finished them all yet (too busy playing xcom2 which I also got during the weekend) and am a bit disappointed at how short and easy the missions are but the missions are funnier than I expected, pretty much every mission had a moment that made me laugh particularly Hikage/Murakumo's mission..

Honestly, even though those missions are pretty short, I thought that the game had a decent amount of offline content. I'm not mad at it! I thought it was good enough. Of course, I'd think that the game would be worth around 40 bucks, or 45 tops (I tend to be harsh a little with games' prices, probably because of how many times I've been disappointed. lol)
Oh, and I too chuckled at Murakumo's mission. It was so CUTE! :)

Chapstick

Well, i tried to research about Senran Kagura, but the games have nothing, like, they seem like musous, but shallower and the game seems to be just around the girls getting naked while transforming. DOA as a fighting game is incredibly deep gameplay wise, and the same goes for the Ninja Gaiden series as action games, and Senran Kagura has not showed anything gameplay wise so far.

Saying to me that the ayane in senran kagura is faithful to this or that Senran Kagura fits any of this:
6hjxBHC.gif

Or this:
Or this:
Sounds just absurd to me.

I don't know, i can be wrong, and i am willing to admit that, but i would need some proper proof that Senran Kagura can deliver gameplay in the first place, and that it has interesting characters and not just fap designs.

That would be off topic, so, if someone willing to do that, we can exchange ideas via PM or something.
tumblr_ouiam934JD1t5k8i7o1_500.gif

& since she's just a playable character with no role in the story you don't have any serious game ending cutscenes with her. Spoken lines are all stuff she would say, nothing's remotely sexual.

For the main characters' substance (I suggest skipping the gameplay segments to make it go quicker plus this was a sidescrolling beatemup back then)-

And as for modern gameplay I'd say it's pretty standard for musou games except each of the main girls have 3 forms (the 4 school leaders have 4) with their own movesets and abilities that you unlock by using the forms more.

Game has a lot of customization as well and a posing mode which is fun to use-

tumblr_olvhufqJYm1t5k8i7o1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_olvdgaMBnI1t5k8i7o1_540.gif

Last edited:

Sotherius

You almost had me with the gif, but then i remembered about one of her attacks summoning a car from the sky... WtF? And the ninpo video feels so wrong. That ninpo, is to kill people to explode buildings, to cause mass destruction, and what it does there? there is some schoolgirls doing something on the side, and enemies just get knocked back.

And the video, just shows how not fitting with DOA it is, It is over the top? Yeah, It has fighting? Yeah, but on a complete different style compared to DOA or Ninja Gaiden (i'm putting NG here since it is the action games here, so it is on a more comparable level).

Anyways, and on gameplay nothing special, there was some 3ds beat em up that seemed interesting, but the american version came with the gameplay botched completely or something.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You almost had me with the gif, but then i remembered about one of her attacks summoning a car from the sky... WtF? And the ninpo video feels so wrong. That ninpo, is to kill people to explode buildings, to cause mass destruction, and what it does there? there is some schoolgirls doing something on the side, and enemies just get knocked back.

And the video, just shows how not fitting with DOA it is, It is over the top? Yeah, It has fighting? Yeah, but on a complete different style compared to DOA or Ninja Gaiden (i'm putting NG here since it is the action games here, so it is on a more comparable level). I would go too off topic to explain this here, but the direction of animation, impact, action, is completely different.

Anyways, and on gameplay nothing special, there was some 3ds beat em up that seemed interesting, but the american version came with the gameplay botched completely or something.

I honestly hope DOA 6 goes into a more competitive fighting game and focused on bringing the hype to the game than the approach doa 5 had after ultimate, they already have doa x3 to bring the faphype
I'm honestly surprised to even see you in this thread XD I recalled you having written the game off as just a straight up fap material a few months and said it didn't have much depth or something similar

Chapstick

And the video, just shows how not fitting with DOA it is, It is over the top? Yeah, It has fighting? Yeah, but on a complete different style compared to DOA or Ninja Gaiden (i'm putting NG here since it is the action games here, so it is on a more comparable level). I would go too off topic to explain this here, but the direction of animation, impact, action, is completely different.

I honestly hope DOA 6 goes into a more competitive fighting game and focused on bringing the hype to the game than the approach doa 5 had after ultimate, they already have doa x3 to bring the faphype
Just a reminder I quoted you here in the SK thread instead of the sexualization one so this would actually be on topic

With the car ninpo that's comic relief and a nod to using a powerblow in scramble

Sotherius

Fug, i didn't realize i was in the wrong thread! Sorry.

I'm honestly surprised to even see you in this thread XD I recalled you having written the game off as just a straight up fap material a few months and said it didn't have much depth or something similar

I honestly thought i was in the doa 5 sexualization thread, since i saw "dude quoted you"...

Anyways, i still haven't been proven wrong.

Chapstick

Just because she doesn't have an arcade mode cutscene considering she doesn't even play a part in the story doesn't mean she doesn't fit. Nothing about her appearance or what she says is out of character and she's a ninja with big boobs guest starring in a game about ninjas with big boobs. She fits.

& you can't tell me the characters have no substance unless you watch through the playlist I sent. The series actually does have a lot of heart and deals with serious themes. Adoption, poverty, loss of loved ones, PTSD, low self esteem, mental issues, morality and the line between good and evil.

And the gameplay is just good and enjoyable, clearing stages and leveling characters and their forms. I have WO3U and I gotta say I enjoy these gameplay-wise much more. It also has online pvp which is admittedly terribly unbalanced from what I hear but it essentially turns it into a fighting game.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Fug, i didn't realize i was in the wrong thread! Sorry.

I honestly thought i was in the doa 5 sexualization thread, since i saw "dude quoted you"...

Just because she doesn't have an arcade mode cutscene considering she doesn't even play a part in the story doesn't mean she doesn't fit. Nothing about her appearance or what she says is out of character and she's a ninja with big boobs guest starring in a game about ninjas with big boobs. She fits.

& you can't tell me the characters have no substance unless you watch through the playlist I sent. The series actually does have a lot of heart and deals with serious themes. Adoption, poverty, loss of loved ones, PTSD, low self esteem, mental issues, morality and the line between good and evil.

And the gameplay is just good and enjoyable, clearing stages and leveling characters and their forms. I have WO3U and I gotta say I enjoy these gameplay-wise much more. It also has online pvp which is admittedly terribly unbalanced from what I hear but it essentially turns it into a fighting game.
There's no point chap XD basically Soth will never give the game a chance. All I can say is more for me, lol XD I enjoy everything the game has to offer and I love the story and lore

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD