So theres a 4chan (I know) rumor. Thoughts?

Fantailler

At this point i hope they'll come up with a brand new boss. Something cool and intimidating that is not a ninja or one more kasumi...Not including Donovan is a missed opportunity imo,but knowing TN we'll probably get phase...6...or hayabusa's clone... :rolleyes:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Discussing DOA's story:
baINLAUH.jpg

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
You are the first human being so far that actually gave a reason why. Sounds reasonable.
To me the two best villain archetypes are:

Holy crap this dude is a totally BADASS! There's noooooooo way they're going to be able to stop him!! Look at how fuckin COOL he is!

And

Oh my GOD this guy is such a dick! I wish they would just hurry up and put a stop to his bullshit. I bet he's a fuckin wuss once they get to him.

But the legendary villains.... Combine both. :cool:

I don't want Donovan playable, because then they would have to balance him. I want him to be a rage inducing final boss that's entirely unfair to fight.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Back on to roster, based on the most recent interview I see the roster going like this:

Revealed:
Kasumi
Hayate
Hayabusa
Helena
Zack
Jann Lee
Lei Fang
Hitomi
Rig
Diego

Yet To Reveal:
Bayman
Christie
Brad
Eliot
Kokoro
Ayane
Tina
Bass
Marie Rose
Honoka
Nyotengu
Mila
Rachel (Could be DLC)
Momiji (Could be DLC)
LISA
New Female

DLC:
Gen Fu
Leon (Sadly)
Ein
Raidou
Phase-4

Last edited:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Back on to roster, based on the most recent interview I see the roster going like this:

Revealed:
Kasumi
Hayate
Hayabusa
Helena
Zack
Jann Lee
Lei Fang
Hitomi
Rig
Diego

Yet To Reveal:
Bayman
Christie
Brad
Eliot
Kokoro
Tina
Bass
Marie Rose
Honoka
Nyotengu
Mila
Leon (Could be DLC)
Rachel (Could be DLC)
Momiji (Could be DLC)
New Female

DLC:
Gen Fu
Ein
Raidou
Phase-4
The actual Lisa hate going on here lmfao. Rachel and Momiji (ZERO story presence), Gen Fu (Irrelevant storywise), Ein (Confirmed killed by Hayate regaining his memories), are all on your list but you can't spare a spot for Lisa. Not even as DLC. :confused: I see you. I see you and your actual hate!

crapoZK

Standard Donor
The actual Lisa hate going on here lmfao. Rachel and Momiji (ZERO story presence), Gen Fu (Irrelevant storywise), Ein (Confirmed killed by Hayate regaining his memories), are all on your list but you can't spare a spot for Lisa. Not even as DLC. :confused: I see you. I see you and your actual hate!

LMAOOOOOOO I FORGOT

I dead forgot to put her in but she's making main roster for sure. I knew I was missing someone
THE BITCH IS DEAD

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

Playable or not, I think Donovan could be made into a cool final boss. Shimbori saying no playable Donovan doesn’t remove him from the boss territory. Other than Tengu, playable bosses are somewhat rare for DOA. Obviously in 5 we got alpha and Dimensions went all in with everyone, lol. Other than that it was always just unlockable Tengu from the Boss side.
But, we don’t really know anything about Donovan other than being behind doatech and being a “mad scientist” who wears a suit and mask. But thats enough info to work with really. And it will suck if its Alpha/Phase as end boss, again.

I said before that storywise, he is better off as a villain that doesn't directly get involved in the fighting as he has so many henchmen who can fight for him.

Donovan being a final boss would work best if the story was the conclusion of the DOATEC story since he was the guys responsible for much of the main conflict. Having him fight or even be playable right now would not really work too well in the story since he still has Rig and Christie (and MAYBE a brainwashed Lisa) around to fight in his place.

And even if he was made into a boss, TN has made every boss character playable at some point in the series so if they don't want him playable now, they probably don't have him planned as the final boss at all. The most likely final boss could be Phase 4 or an Ein clone or a brainwashed Lisa.

ryu_highabusa

Since we're just guessing. This is what I think the launch roster might look like. I'm not sure if we'll get both Bayman and Leon - it's one or the other or they'll try to combine them again. Nyotengu's another one that I'm iffy about - she's probably safe on account of her sex appeal but I really don't know how popular she is otherwise but her moveset's unique enough that it can't be absorbed into anyone else so I think she's in at launch, if not in the first wave of dlc.

QOmKWyC.jpg

just_me

Standard Donor
This is pretty much my guess as well… though given that Brad's VA recently died, they might omit him from the launch roster unless they recorded all his new lines already. I'd assume getting a new VA and re-recording everything is more costly and he's not that popular, or relevant. Also if they safe his moveset, they can slap it on a chick as DLC (Tengu says hi!)

Makes the roster pretty female-heavy, but not much they can do… they simply do not have enough dudes lol

I think expecting 24-26 chars at launch is realistic… they can't afford to have less than DoA5 and they'll get massive flak for any female they omit/sell as DLC… so the NG girls are the safest cuts. I think Phase will be gone permanently, if they need her for the story, they can just make a Kasumi costume where they change the teleport effect and intro/outro.

Last edited:

Derock

Revealed:
Kasumi
Hayate
Hayabusa
Helena
Zack
Jann Lee
Lei Fang
Hitomi
Rig
Diego

Yet To Reveal:
Bayman
Christie
Brad
Eliot
Kokoro
Tina
Bass
Marie Rose
Honoka
Nyotengu
Mila
Leon (Could be DLC)
Rachel (Could be DLC)
Momiji (Could be DLC)
LISA
New Female

DLC:
Gen Fu
Ein
Raidou
Phase-4

You purposely left out --->:ayane: OOOOHH You're gonna get it!!! XD

Raansu

Well see here's the thing (as most typical FG main villains do and previous ones in DOA), if I was to work for Donovan I'd expect my boss to be literally superior to me to entrust my position with him. If my boss does nothing but sit around in present events then that's a problem and I wouldn't take this man serious as a true boss, I would at least expect him to alter his body in the future as a plan in some type of future DOA game just in case he does kick the bucket when Hayabusa and friends run in there and blow everything up he's developed. It would be an incredibly shitty outcome if the heroes finally stop this man and turns out he's nothing but an ordinary man without a hint of combat experience or situation where he can reverse what just happened. It's like having M. Bison but a paradox version in SF where he pretty much talks, schemes, and lets his minion does the work until the very end where he has no minions left and no attempt to reverse.

This DOA clone story trope is old and puts people to sleep. How long must we keep up with DOA's mediocre story chasing this man with 20+ Kasumi clones while trying to develop the roster to get characters more fleshed out?

As for the list, it's fake yeah.

He's just a smart rich dude funding an evil organization. Not every villain is some super powered being.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

Yet To Reveal:
Bayman
Christie
Brad
Eliot
Kokoro
Tina
Bass
Marie Rose
Honoka
Nyotengu
Mila

Leon (Could be DLC)
Rachel (Could be DLC)
Momiji (Could be DLC)
LISA
New Female

DLC:
Gen Fu
Ein
Raidou
Phase-4

Really dude?? No Ayane :ayane:? Ok I see you...

Banana56

I wouldn’t doubt this just yet. I remember how it was with DOA5 and people doubted it up until Sarah was revealed, and even further when Rig was revealed. And the list came out of no where.

I predicted the 2 newbies to be a Hispanic male & a Korean female. The Hispanic male is Diego so I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a Korean female named Sunhwa.

The reveal order and who they’re each grouped with does seem cohesive. If it’s the, looks like Sunhwa will have affiliation with Bayman (she’d probably be a Kpop Idol who is also a secret agent)

Honoka being pre-order wouldn’t be far fetched either seeing her popularity among Japanese fans.

As for Donovan, him not being playable doesn’t equate to him not being in AT ALL. He could be an unplayable boss.

Only I find weird is, how are 6 characters with half having developing story arcs (Tina, Kokoro, & ESPECIALLY Phase 4) have to wait as dlc. It would be interesting if the story arc thing was true.

And no Lisa being in is not unlikely!

Overall, I’m not believing it per se but I’m also not dismissing it.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD