Soul Calibur Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This SC4 song gives me hope:

Aww... Hearing this I instantly miss SCIV. I liked it a lot more than SCV, not just because of the characters but also because of the better single player (with intro and ending movies for your own characters) and more varied and beautiful stages.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Aww... Hearing this I instantly miss SCIV. I liked it a lot more than SCV, not just because of the characters but also because of the better single player (with intro and ending movies for your own characters) and more varied and beautiful stages.
Yeah, I vastly preferred SC4, would've played it more but my sister preferred the simplified SCV...to this day, Amy and Sophitia will always be my favorite characters, I love their stories.

I think SC3 was my absolute favorite in terms of content, story mode and stages and SC2 was great for that weapon master mode.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah, I vastly preferred SC4, would've played it more but my sister preferred the simplified SCV...to this day, Amy and Sophitia will always be my favorite characters, I love their stories.

I think SC3 was my absolute favorite in terms of content, story mode and stages and SC2 was great for that weapon master mode.

I never got to play SC3, never owned a PS2... But from what I've seen it indeed has the most beautiful and imaginative stages of the series.
You can see that very good here:

The costumes are also some of the best in the series...

Yunseong's looks so cool:

Soul-Calibur-III-Game-Character-Official-Artwork-Render-Yun-Seong.jpg

It's modern yet fantasy at the same time and suits him perfectly.
#nomorepirates

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I never got to play SC3, never owned a PS2... But from what I've seen it indeed has the most beautiful and imaginative stages of the series.
You can see that very good here:

The costumes are also some of the best in the series...

Yunseong's looks so cool:

Soul-Calibur-III-Game-Character-Official-Artwork-Render-Yun-Seong.jpg

It's modern yet fantasy at the same time and suits him perfectly.
#nomorepirates
I think my favorite Yun seung costume would be his SC4 one, I liked the travel vibe it had plus the shoes and that do rag type hat he had:
856504-yun_seung__1_.png

For Sophitia, her SC3 ones were my favorite, but I preferred the second one since it felt more natural since she's supposed to be traveling and she ties her hair up in a braided bun too:
Sophitia_SCIII_vs_screen.jpg

For Amy and Raphael, my favorites were their SC4 attire, mainly because I felt they both remained somewhat classy and regal/elegant in comparison to the other characters who became basically walking fanservice, but Raphael and Amy at least left SOMETHING to the imagination XD Plus lolita fashion and lace and fur for the win!
AmySorelSC4.jpg

Raphael2p_001.jpg

Nyte

I'm just hoping that SCVI can look as good as possible on the current gen hardware. I wonder if the Scorpio can make it look insane on console.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Oyeme: discuss the series and potential sequel. Do not get into console war territory. I've little patience for it.

Stay. On. Topic.

Radiance

If Raphael still sucks after they've clearly given Amy the boot then I probably won't be too fond of it. Unless of course if Alpha Patroklos returns. Honestly, there's no need for multiple "sword & shield" fighters in every Soul Calibur; they need to allow room for diversity. Every move/stance they took from Raphael and gave to Amy in SCIV they should have given back to him in V. Character was pure butt cheeks like Ivy. Yoshimitsu was probably the only character they kept the same, which is why he's so good in every Soul Calibur

ninjaguy446

If Raphael still sucks after they've clearly given Amy the boot then I probably won't be too fond of it. Unless of course if Alpha Patroklos returns. Honestly, there's no need for multiple "sword & shield" fighters in every Soul Calibur; they need to allow room for diversity. Every move/stance they took from Raphael and gave to Amy in SCIV they should have given back to him in V. Character was pure butt cheeks like Ivy. Yoshimitsu was probably the only character they kept the same, which is why he's so good in every Soul Calibur
I think it's perfectly fine if there are characters who use the same weapons as long as they're all differentiated. Patroklos plays completely differently than Pyrrha does. In SCIV, Sophitia, Cassandra, and Lizardman all played differently also. Heck, every single Sword and Shield character (besides for the Pyrrhas since they're just Sophie/Cass) plays differently than each other lol and they're usually high tier.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think it's perfectly fine if there are characters who use the same weapons as long as they're all differentiated. Patroklos plays completely differently than Pyrrha does. In SCIV, Sophitia, Cassandra, and Lizardman all played differently also. Heck, every single Sword and Shield character (besides for the Pyrrhas since they're just Sophie/Cass) plays differently than each other lol and they're usually high tier.
Right! They're all different in the games they appear in; I know Sophitia is the primitive version of Cassandra's upgraded style, but the difference between them is that Cass is unsafer and less versatile, while Sophitia is more limited and slower but much stronger. Then in SCV Pyrrha is fast and versatile but pretty weak while Pat himself is more rushdown and pressure focused while sacrificing defensive options. and for Amy and Raphael, Amy is just a better, faster, more versatile and broken Raphael with weak damage as a drawback, I think allowing multiple versions of the same style is good for many different player tastes...like I can't play cassie worth shit(I wish I could, she's a REAL bitch ♡.♡) but Sophitia suits me just fine.

I hope for Cas in the next game, they bring back the class styles from SC3, I liked using the ninja, monk, and sage class, all they'd have to do is balance it out for competitive and online play. They also should bring back all SC3, SC4, and SC5 character creation voice clips for alot of variety...hell, bring back the original characters older voice clips, I'd love to use Sophie's old SC2 voice anyday. XD

LarsMasters

I expect Soul series' main titles gets re-released with DLC/Latest Edition/other region exclusives in the game by default:
* Soul Blade seems to be remain PS Classic only, not just for PSP & PS3, also post-PS3 & PSP consoles
* Soulcalibur includes both Mitsurugi & Arthur
* Soulcalibur II HD Online: includes both ENG & JPN VA, unlike Western release only have EN only while JP release has those VA options back in PS3/360 release. If it comes to Switch it should include Link as exclusive character there
* Soulcalibur III reused both console & arcade edition assets
* Soulcalibur IV has all DLC & exclusives (both Vader & Yoda who DLC on each opposite 7th-gen consoles 360 & PS3 respectively), including Broken Destiny's Dampierre (& exclusive to PS versions only (mostly PS4) Kratos) as the bonus(es) along with the stage(s)
* Soulcalibur V not just all DLC, also the characters who didn't appear in this game appeared in F2P Lost Sword, while original Astaroth as 3rd-4th alternate for mass produce ver.

Legends re-release remained the same but no longer Nintendo only

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm thinking of actually picking up Cassandra in SC6 if she's in, I played her a while ago and she's not too different from sophitita, she's basically a faster, weaker, rushdown grappler type character, she's worse than sophitia but it wouldn't hurt to at least pocket her.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'm thinking of actually picking up Cassandra in SC6 if she's in, I played her a while ago and she's not too different from sophitita, she's basically a faster, weaker, rushdown grappler type character, she's worse than sophitia but it wouldn't hurt to at least pocket her.
Cass has EWGFs in SCIV lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD