Soul Calibur Thread

Argentus

Why not just call the reboot of the series... "Soulcalibur"? It would symbolize the clean slate the series is taking, much like how MK9 was just "Mortal Kombat".

Because that's also silly and why people call it "MK9" instead of "Mortal Kombat". its the same problem with the Xbox One and why everyone just calls it the Xbone instead, because there's already an Xbox 1...the first Xbox.

Now what they COULD do, is go back to the title of the verrrrry first game that barely anyone remembers, and actually call the reboot Soul EDGE.

Nyte

Because that's also silly and why people call it "MK9" instead of "Mortal Kombat". its the same problem with the Xbox One and why everyone just calls it the Xbone instead, because there's already an Xbox 1...the first Xbox.

Now what they COULD do, is go back to the title of the verrrrry first game that barely anyone remembers, and actually call the reboot Soul EDGE.
Nah, Soul Edge isn't nearly as recognizable.

The point I was trying to make was that the first SC was called Soul Calibur, notice the space and capitalization. Later it became Soulcalibur without it, but the original retains its title. So calling a reboot of the series "Soulcalibur" would mean they're essentially starting over. I believe using the original title with a possible slight variation is the norm with these reboots.

Argentus

Nah, Soul Edge isn't nearly as recognizable.
it's literally the sword the plot revolves around, and is the counterpoint to Soul Calibur.

And i get what you're saying, i just don't like the "two games with the exact same name" reboots that are a trend nowadays. Ninja Gaiden was a long enough gap to work, but then we have other more recent ones like Mortal Kombat (9) and Prey, which is, what a reboot of a reboot? or is that a reboot of a remake, or a remake of a reboot?

Nyte

I was referring to it as a brand name, it just doesn't have the same recognition that Soulcalibur does.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Why not just call the reboot of the series... "Soulcalibur"? It would symbolize the clean slate the series is taking, much like how MK9 was just "Mortal Kombat".
That would work too but the name wouldn't be as meaningful in my opinion

Nyte

So, do you guys think Project Soul is doing anything big? As I said before, logic dictates that they have to be working on something. It just sounds unlikely that Namco is paying them to sit on their asses all day, and they're clearly still around as they launched their new website last December. Of course, there is still what composer Junichi Nakatsuru said about "looking forward to future themes". Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
source.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD