Soul Calibur Thread

KwonJigglypuff

Finally!
The new fighter Groh looks nice I guess. He reminds me of what I had in mind for Christie's lackey (fan made newcomer). I like males who have fast and flowing movesets.

I'm a bit disappointed by the art direction for the costumes, they look more simplistic than before. Maybe that's a choice..

Xianghua is at the moment my favourite of the roster. The flowy moves, the water element, the Chinese vibe.. she's the closest to a Piguaquan character. I might give her another chance in this game if Setsuka is not in it.

Kilik growing hair like a Musou Ganondorf is probably linked to the story. I'm not fond of that kind of thing, but maybe it will be interesting..

UpSideDownGRUNT

The designs are intentionally based on Soul Calibur 1, so that's probably why they look simplistic.

I'm not surprised Knightmare, Kilik and Xianghua were announced they're basically the big 3 character s of that games story.

Pn33milan

I prefere this kilik's design than the original

The newcomer by far looks better than zwei, if that's an accomplishment XD

I still wait for the other classic characters

Cool nightmare tho

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wow, surprise SCVI trailer, when I finally didn't even think of SCVI anymore, lol.

I do like the look of the new character (at least his hand drawn design), very anime-ish, and in general the costume designs of the returning veterans in this trailer. Xianghua looks very pretty! I am glad they did not just go with her original SC1 design...

...but enhanced it quite nicely. :)

I don't like Kilik turning into Street Fighter V Necalli. :/

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
soulcalibur-VI.jpg

I'll call evil Kilik, Nekillik. XD

Jadeinchains

Not totally sure how I feel about crazy evil Kilik yet tbh but I'm liking the rest...Well actually I'm not sure how I feel about Groh either but he looks okay, I do like the returning characters though, I'm liking the outfits.

Argentus

lol i'm sorry, but could that new guy be any MORE generically "anime"?

seriously he's the marie/honoka of Soul Calibur, it's ridiculous.

On Nightmare, it's nice to see him be a knight instead of a rock monster again, and it's more his SC1 design, but I still wish we could get that iconic SC2 look for him back.

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Yeah...especially his evil form. He looks like a Code Vein character...

code-vein-gameplay-1.jpg

blood_veil_transforminggauntlet_4_1492619596.jpg

It's a Bandai Namco game as well. Though the Code Vein characters are technologically more advanced: Better and more detailed modelling, texturing and shading. Soul Calibur 6 really is a sad excuse of a current generation game, especially were the focus lies on exactly the characters. :(

DontForkWitMe

seriously he's the marie/honoka of Soul Calibur, it's ridiculous.

On Nightmare, it's nice to see him be a knight instead of a rock monster again, and it's more his SC1 design, but I still wish we could get that iconic SC2 look for him back.

Groh seems more like the Lars of the game being the token edgelord tryhard, his moveset looks pretty dope though. Still waiting for Yun Seong/Hwang or whatever character that inherits their style before i begin to give a fuck about this game.

Jadeinchains

Xianghua's face does look like it's different and not just them reusing her model from SC4 but...It does look a tiny bit strange I feel?.. She does look good though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD