Soul Calibur Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
No guys, Tekken 7 still has that new arcade Iteration to release, Fated Retribution. They can't possibly release it now, there's hardly any new characters or stages and it's still just not finished, they don't want to make the same mistake Street Fighter 5 did when they released a game with little content. If anything, it could be announced next month, but even then it's not likely, at the rate they're going with adding content and new stuff, we won't realistically get a new Tekken game until about September 2017. Plus Harada has been getting more questions on SC, and it seems like he's hiding something.

Overall, I can't see them announcing it yet. They still have a story to make and stuff to add in and veterans to "redesign" and refine to fit the game's new mechanics.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
No guys, Tekken 7 still has that new arcade Iteration to release, Fated Retribution. They can't possibly release it now, there's hardly any new characters or stages and it's still just not finished, they don't want to make the same mistake Street Fighter 5 did when they released a game with little content. If anything, it could be announced next month, but even then it's not likely, at the rate they're going with adding content and new stuff, we won't realistically get a new Tekken game until about September 2016. Plus Harada has been getting more questions on SC, and it seems like he's hiding something.

*sigh*

First of all Harada has not much to do with Soul Calibur... SC's most recent producer is Hisaharu Tago.
Secondly, here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_7

It's a fact that Fated Retribution is releasing for arcades in July. Tekken 7 vanilla has already been released for arcades since March 2015. Over one year! It really is high time for an official console version announcement.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
*sigh*

First of all Harada has nothing to do with Soul Calibur... SCs producer is Hisaharu Tago.
Secondly, here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_7

It's a fact that Fated Retribution is releasing for arcades in July. Tekken 7 vanilla has already been released for arcades since march 2015. Over one year! It really is high time for an official the console version announcement.
I'm really hoping it won't be yet, but you have a point....gauging the times they've released previous games, this actually is the time when they would normally make the announcement. I'm still hoping they save it for the TGS this year instead, Project Soul has had plenty of time to get a decent amount of stuff done regarding SC6, and the fans are practically writhing because no new announcements have been made in like almost a year. :-(

Didn't they say something about announcing something at the tournament they are holding?
Yeah, but I've noticed they only really announce characters rather than any actual console stuff. They either announce another tournament or another character, like what they did with Lucky Chloe and Nina Williams. Even Flying Wonkey on Twitter is doubtful we'll be getting any Tekken information at E3. A lot of game sites have been giving false accusations and predictions saying there will be something regarding Tekken, but I'm still doubtful.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Even though many of us have been dying to finally see a sign of Soul Calibur 6, Tekken 7 is obviously Namco's priority here. It always has been. And since we already know of Tekken 7 for more than a year the chances of an announcement of the console version are a lot higher than Soul Calibur 6 coming out of the blue, being announced and then released before Tekken 7 on consoles. That would be crazy...

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, although I don't blame Project Soul at all. It's main Namco that chooses priority over actual quality. If it wasn't for the fact that Tekken has Lili, Anna, Jin, LC, and Claudio, I probably would never made it my second main fighter honestly. They need to give SC a chance to shine too, Tekken obviously isn't in much a rush to come to consoles considering it's been in arcades a year, while SC4 and onwards have been made efficiently and smoothly for consoles.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hmmm...I guess as long as it's fully finished. I'm not willing to buy it in it's current state though, it's not exactly complete yet.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Hmmm...I guess as long as it's fully finished. I'm not willing to buy it in it's current state though, it's not exactly complete yet.

If they announce Tekken 7 for consoles on E3 it will be at least six more month until release. That's enough time to add some more characters and stages, that they are very likely working on at the very moment.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If they announce Tekken 7 for consoles on E3 it will be at least six more month until release. That's enough time to add some more characters and stages, that they are very likely working on at the very moment.
True, that could be why Harada has been silent all along, he seems to be taking a more silent approach to developing stuff, because this is presumably the last tekken, he can't give too much away like what he did with TTT2.

Kuga

Stages, yes. Characters, not really. Tekken takes entirely different approach when it comes to testing and balancing game than SC. Every character is first tested out and balanced in arcade version. I doubt they would release untested characters like that. It's aganist Harada's policy.

SoulcaliburVI is on the other hand one big unknown. SCV was developed on fans request, as an answer to their petition. And it sold much worse than SCIV. Also the fact that game while enjoyable, had less 'depth' in my opinion than previous titles due to castrating cast from like half of a their movelist. If the system changes weren't this good (BE, CE, JG) this would be simply the worst Soulcalibur ever. In my country we had great community at times of SC2 and 3. By SC4 it weakened, and by SC5 it died out pretty quickly. Don't get me wrong - SC5 is a good game, and i like to play it even now, but that's how i see things.

Nyte

Since Tyaren blocked me, I'm going to assume he's not going to read this. I'll point out that he's wrong about Tago being the producer -- Tago is no longer a member of Project Soul. The current producer and director of Soulcalibur is Masaki Hoshino, and right now he isn't allowed to respond to tweets because Namco is likely afraid that he'll give away too much information. Soulcalibur's social media has been silent for months now, and when that happens it often means something big is going on. The time seems right to announce a new SC game, it's been a year since the poll, and who knows how long they've been developing the game beforehand. They said to look forward to the next announcement soon, and I think now is the time.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I sure hope so, I'm slowly beginning to lose hope that we'll get anything new, I just want to see Sophitia, Amy, and my Cas fighters grace my PS4 in all honesty.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wouldn't mind that, the first broken Destiny has all SC3 and SC4 Cas voices, and it had more unisex customization then SC5 did.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD