Soul Calibur Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I can image a 2017 release too (if SC6 exists). But you can bet on it being at least 6 months after Tekken 7 release. They wouldn't let SC6 steal it's thunder. Did I mention that I hate Tekken for that? D:

Jadeinchains

I can image a 2017 release too (if SC6 exists). But you can bet on it being at least 6 months after Tekken 7 release. They wouldn't let SC6 steal it's thunder. Did I mention that I hate Tekken for that? D:

For Tekken lol. I'm actually getting excited for Tekken more now after master Raven being revealed. Do you play Tekken? But h if they both came out in 2017 that would be really good to me! :D

Tyaren

Standard Donor
For Tekken lol. I'm actually getting excited for Tekken more now after master Raven being revealed. Do you play Tekken? But h if they both came out in 2017 that would be really good to me! :D

Yes, I played Tekken 6 and TTT2. But I could never really get warm with the series. It feels stiff and unintuitive. Last but not least Tekkens look pretty awful too. >.> DOA, Soul Calibur and even Virtua Fighter are great to play though and look great. So I really wonder why Tekken is so famous and popular. It's imo really undeserved.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
In comparison to most 3D fighters, tekken is just more popular because it just has depth, and alot of pro players eat that stuff up. The graphics aren't the best but they place more of an emphasis on physics and dynamic cloth/hair flow which I like, and the series has or has had some pretty decent stage design(Ominous Mist, Azazel's chamber, etc.) and some of the best BGM/OST in the genre. I'm not much a fan of the difficult movesets though which is why I use Lili and Anna, plus I like their more sadistic and dominant character designs. Overall it's a pretty good series imo, but it's definitely not for everyone.

SC to me has a lot more going on for it but because it's the sister series, it doesn't get as much notoriety that it deserves, although it's already a pretty well known game. I think people pay more attention to Tekken because it is set in the modern era, the only thing modern about SC is the personalities of certain characters and some character designs. Plus after the whole over the top sexualization from SC4, alot of players don't take it as seriously as Tekken which has far more sensible and modest female presentation.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
According to EternalDragon28, PlayStation Germany mentioned that a new Namco IP was supposed to be presented at SDCC. Just don't keep your hopes up too high though. It may be something else.

@8:52 in the video below

Tyaren

Standard Donor
According to EternalDragon28, PlayStation Germany mentioned that a new Namco IP was supposed to be presented at SDCC.

Soul Calibur 6 would not be considered a new IP (Intellectual Property) anyway. New IP means completely new game franchise/game series.

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Soul Calibur is not a new IP (Intellectual Property) anyway.
I know that. If you watched the video @8:55, PlayStation germany mentions "new IP" in the tweet. That's exactly why I'm telling you guys NOT to keep your hopes up too high for SC6 being shown there lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Question, were Soul Edge and Soul Calibur different games or in the same series? Depending on the answer, I can theorize on this new IP.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It's the first installment of the series, the Soul series as a whole is one IP.
Ohh....I was gonna say that maybe Project soul was perhaps gonna make another reboot type series of the same story but with a different name. I know in the beginning stages of SC5 that the producer tried to change the name to Soul Edge 2 but was unable to for some reason. Plus you have to consider that unless they do a reboot, they can't realistically push the series forward, Sophitia and all the rest of the veterans are either older, dead, etc. and alot of them win the popularity poll. They'll have to do something clever if they're gonna try to bring them back.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Plus you have to consider that unless they do a reboot, they can't realistically push the series forward, Sophitia and all the rest of the veterans are either older, dead, etc. and alot of them win the popularity poll. They'll have to do something clever if they're gonna try to bring them back.

Just going back to times prior to SC5?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Just going back to times prior to SC5?
Yeah! They are now realizing that fans were definitely not on board with all the veterans disappearing and being replaced, so it's possible they are planning a massive reboot, like how MK9 did. Same story and same events, but told different so that it can be a more wholesome story now that times have changed and they have the resources they didn't have back then.

Last edited:

Kodachi

Standard Donor
A reboot would be a interesting option, having all the most popular characters together redesign and reworked and restarting from there.
But then I have to unwrap my brain around all the confusing lore from the past games.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD