Soul Calibur Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well Natsu's ninjutsu and Pat and Pyrrah's styles are much better gameplay wise than the originals, but their character designs are indeed weaker. Xiba and Leixia are both worse personality and game play wise, especially Leixia since they removed Xianghua's multiple parries and turned her into a nerfed version of her mother. Xiba is just a half baked Seung Mina and kilik hybrid more accessible to beginners since he's so mash friendly.

Aven Kujo-Gin

Well Natsu's ninjutsu and Pat and Pyrrah's styles are much better gameplay wise than the originals, but their character designs are indeed weaker. Xiba and Leixia are both worse personality and game play wise, especially Leixia since they removed Xianghua's multiple parries and turned her into a nerfed version of her mother. Xiba is just a half baked Seung Mina and kilik hybrid more accessible to beginners since he's so mash friendly.
You are right about Natsu. She is definetely better than Taki gameplay wise.
It's been a while since I play with Sophitia so I don't know how much better is her daughter. However, I hear she is top tier.
And about Pat, I don't think we can call him a succesor because his style is completely new. Even if it was referenced by both Cass and Sophi.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You are right about Natsu. She is definetely better than Taki gameplay wise.
It's been a while since I play with Sophitia so I don't know how much better is her daughter. However, I hear she is top tier.
And about Pat, I don't think we can call him a succesor because his style is completely new. Even if it was referenced by both Cass and Sophi.
Yeah, Pyrrah was below Viola on the tier list last time I checked, but she's basically a safer Sophitia who was top tier in SC4 so that's to be expected I guess. I know Pyrrah Omega was about mid, she has the damage output like Sophie does but she's completely unsafe and not very versatile, plus she leans more towards Cassandra's style which functions the same way.

Musourenka

I'll be voting for Zas.

I admit to liking Xiba in the sense that he actually had some unique moves compared to Kilik. And I like the lore suggesting that Kilik becomes an Edge Master of sorts, if not the gameplay (should've been an option for staff-only). Patroklos is a jerk, but at least his SnS movelist was unique. I really, really like Pyrrha Omega in gameplay and concept; she just needed more unique moves. I like Natsu on her own terms, but not as Taki's successor.

That about covers it.

EDIT: Pyrrha is faster (i11 A) and safer (her 3B is not launch punishable), but is worse at range than Omega. Omega isn't super duper unsafe (DNS B is -15 with crazy pushback, 66A is -11 vs -10), but she has crappy Brave Edges, crappy lows (gotta use 2K a lot), and relies more on the opponent messing up.

Last edited:

SilverForte

Looking at it from a purely gameplay perspective, Patroklos and Pyrrha were better than Cassandra and Sophitia and were both arguably top 5 characters.

A char being below Viola isn't really bad considering Viola is arguably the best character in the game, with Alpha Patroklos.

And Cassandra is more similar to Patroklos in gameplay style, not Omega Pyrrha.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Oh I meant move wise, Both Pyrrah and Omega have a mixed assortment of moves from both Cassy and Sophie but Pyrrah leans more towards Sophitia with her general move set, where Omega borrows a lot of Cassandra's including her wavedash and stuff.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Nope, she was never banned. She had a Backturned throw infinity that could be abused but tournaments said she was still viable as long as it wasn't used.

ninjaguy446

Nope, she was never banned. She had a Backturned throw infinity that could be abused but tournaments said she was still viable as long as it wasn't used.
The back throw was allowed to be looped 3 times iirc.

Didn't some tournaments put a ban on Viola, or where they just rumors?
Viola was banned in France for a long time but now she is unbanned. She was never banned anywhere else.

You're only allowed one back throw per combo.

While the reset isn't banned because it's a mixup and not a combo and the opponent can escape it, it's still super sketchy and looks like a combo so you'll probably still get DQ'd for using it. AFAIK no Viola player at a major has gotten DQ'd for doing a back throw infinite.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
They might just tease an image like they did with SCV (ex: The "go big or go home" Ivy photo). TN did that with Kasumi for teasing DOA5.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Now they are literally shitting on Yun Seong:
"We are completing our SoulCalibur relationships with Talim and her friend, Seong-Mina!"

14344943_1180135178696479_7675678832942673537_n.jpg

Talim and Seong Mina were friends? Where is Yun Seong?! D:

Jadeinchains

"We are completing our SoulCalibur relationships with Talim and her friend, Seong-Mina!"

Dead I'm sure they'll add him to the chart with the others at some point since Mitsurugi doesn't have Setsuka as an enemy yet.

I'm waiting for them to start the one that's happening between Zas and the sophitia one, I hope zas wins. I hope when TGS starts in a few days we get something if it's a teaser or a trailer I just hope we get something after all this.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Yeah, didn't you know? :-D They met in SC4 when Mina encountered them in SC4, and the three spent the night together as Mina was gonna drag Yun Seong home again but he ran away early that morning. They're still friends but went their separate ways before the events of SC4 officially started. Talim and Yun cared about each other but it was his obsessive attitude on obtaining soul edge that kind of drove a wedge between their bond, but Talim knew he would make the right decision in time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD