Soul Calibur Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Feofan? I actually don't remember who that is? And sorry but Ivy is THE bitch of the Soul Calibur series lol. And Taki is arguably second place. :p Although It was obvious they were gonna be in but that's another reason why in general it's nice that both have been revealed. On the lower chance of getting in I do put like Setsuka and Amy though. ( And I'm a fan of both so I obviously want them in ) but I'm just not sure about their chances. Cassandra though ( who I also want in ) I do think has a much bigger chance of getting into the game.
This guy, he was a playable cadet in the SC3 chronicles of the sword mode and I personally feel he had the best male face model, if he's not in I hope they add his face in CAS so I can make a sh- I mean better male character than the bishonen one I had in SC5
Feofan_thumbnail.png

And ivy I do like tho since as I said like a year ago, she could punish and beat me any day XD Taki I like but personality wise she's somewhat linear, she's always stoic and serious and I hope she loosens up. Setsuka I loved but her style was garbage, it was made to be too hard and just frame heavy, like come on now Project soul, Setsuka doesn't need all that. Cassandra I know will be added soon since shes not as popular as her sister is but she's like the Lili of SC personality wise so she's a shoe in. I may even use her if she gets her SC4 default and still has that bitchy resting bitch face she had in SC4 too xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Flying Wonkey on Twitter posted that I believe but I didn't notice those markings on her suit! And I feel the mask is a bit much imo, hopefully you can remove or since it does nothing for the design imo but unbalance it. They also really should show the crest a soul mode and customization since I dont think they will have 2P outfits this go around, it looks like theyre gonna do the cheap tekken color swap for defaults and alternates which turns me off >.>

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
TAKIIIII!!!!!

Just because Setsuka requires actual skill--and isn't for newbies--doesn't mean she's garbage. People just suck and can't do just frames l0l
Sophitia and Amy require skill, especially Amy who is very execution heavy as is fitting of a dark, young character like her xD they made Setsuka easy in SC3 but made her super hard in SC3 arcade and SC4. That was uncalled for tbh, plus she had too many JFs, Amy only had one which I got down tho...well idk about now since I haven't played SC4 since last year -.-

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Honestly, play what you like lol. Just know that you picked the character to learn how to play them, then regardless, you signed up to play them. No matter how easy or hard they are. I mean Chun-Li is one of the hardest characters in SFIV & SFV but I play her. I learned her. It just takes time. Characters like that are usually really good to their core. You have not be impatient with the learning curve process. If you aren't then characters like her's aren't cut out for you. Characters that are usually hard to learn are rewarding in the long run once you learn them. Wish more people actually tried to take the time out to play the fighting games for what they are & try to expand their interest & knowledge in them in terms of competing. Now is the perfect time. I'm going to work on playing this game offline. So now, I have 3 games right now.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Honestly, play what you like lol. Just know that you picked the character to learn how to play them, then regardless, you signed up to play them. No matter how easy or hard they are. I mean Chun-Li is one of the hardest characters in SFIV & SFV but I play her. I learned her. It just takes time. Characters like that are usually really good to their core. You have not be impatient with the learning curve process. If you aren't then characters like her's aren't cut out for you. Characters that are usually hard to learn are rewarding in the long run once you learn them. Wish more people actually tried to take the time out to play the fighting games for what they are & try to expand their interest & knowledge in them in terms of competing. Now is the perfect time. I'm going to work on playing this game offline. So now, I have 3 games right now.
Tbh I don't think Chun li is hard tbh xD I played her since I was 14 and really she just has a lot of options but it doesn't make her hard, same with Anna and Amy, they're string heavy but I have no difficulty with them, but then again difficulty is in the eye of the beholder.

I want to play SC competitively but it annoys me since I always end up using the characters everyone and their momma use, like I love Lili and Sophitia and Kasumi and Amy but there's always a wagon of them running around in tourneys so it's like what's up then? Me and my sister I know aren't gonna be too happy since she uses Kilik and after seeing how he'll look now im definitely gonna use him myself xD

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Tbh I don't think Chun li is hard tbh xD I played her since I was 14 and really she just has a lot of options but it doesn't make her hard, same with Anna and Amy, they're string heavy but I have no difficulty with them, but then again difficulty is in the eye of the beholder.

I want to play SC competitively but it annoys me since I always end up using the characters everyone and their momma use, like I love Lili and Sophitia and Kasumi and Amy but there's always a wagon of them running around in tourneys so it's like what's up then? Me and my sister I know aren't gonna be too happy since she uses Kilik and after seeing how he'll look now im definitely gonna use him myself xD
That doesn't really matter bro lol. I usually do too. Chun-Li isn't beginner friendly. You just said you've been playing her since 14. So you've been playing her long enough to know how to play her. lol. I've been playing her for a while too. So we know how to, but in terms of execution for beginners, it's a big difference bro. You don't see many online because of that. Being able to charge mk spinning bird kick combos aren't easy within the 1st few weeks or a month. Nor Dhalsim or Bison, granted Bison is a popular character much like her. Anna Williams isn't hard at all to learn compared to Nina.

Characters that you use comes down to solid fundamentals. Since they're relatively easy to get into, you really have to go to great lengths to excel with them. SC6 would be my 1st technical SC. So IDK who's easy & who isn't. You guys probably know more than I do at this point tbh. I played Sophitia at FR21 & she seemed relatively easy to get into. The game in general didn't feel too hefty & a lot of people who played were very helpful.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Really? I actually thought her mask looked nice, Luckily with CAS you should be able to take the mask of the outfit anyway If your not a fan of it so that's good. Speaking of which I wish that they'd show CAS already...Maybe at E3 ( Which is only one month away now!! :D ) Also I'm predicting Voldo or Talim next, What about you guys?

Edit: Oh and absolutely to Setsuka she's amazing.
I just don’t like how it makes her nose look big with the mask. Personally I hope for Talim next, but I wouldn’t mind Voldo.
The mask was removable then, and it'll be removable now. No need to worry about a perma-Metalmouth Taki anytime soon.

You make it sound like they have zero chance of making it in. This is Ivy's father and Samurai Rihanna we're talkin' about...
im worried about Setsuka because she was announced in SC3 I believe and since this is a reboot I’m not sure wether they’ll add her or not. Cervantes probably will be in the game but isn’t announced yet so I can’t assume he’ll be in the game. I did that with Cooler in DBFZ and he isn’t in.
Flying Wonkey on Twitter posted that I believe but I didn't notice those markings on her suit! And I feel the mask is a bit much imo, hopefully you can remove or since it does nothing for the design imo but unbalance it. They also really should show the crest a soul mode and customization since I dont think they will have 2P outfits this go around, it looks like theyre gonna do the cheap tekken color swap for defaults and alternates which turns me off >.>
yeah the mask is very off putting they could’ve used a different mask.
The guy from Niconico who leaked the Taki trailer better leak Maxi's next lma0
I’m glad maxi is gay I suddenly like him more.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That doesn't really matter bro lol. I usually do too. Chun-Li isn't beginner friendly. You just said you've been playing her since 14. So you've been playing her long enough to know how to play her. lol. I've been playing her for a while too. So we know how to, but in terms of execution for beginners, it's a big difference bro. You don't see many online because of that. Being able to charge mk spinning bird kick combos aren't easy within the 1st few weeks or a month. Nor Dhalsim or Bison, granted Bison is a popular character much like her. Anna Williams isn't hard at all to learn compared to Nina.

Characters that you use comes down to solid fundamentals. Since they're relatively easy to get into, you really have to go to great lengths to excel with them. SC6 would be my 1st technical SC. So IDK who's easy & who isn't. You guys probably know more than I do at this point tbh. I played Sophitia at FR21 & she seemed relatively easy to get into. The game in general didn't feel too hefty & a lot of people who played were very helpful.
Yeah Anna is really straightforward xD only gripe is her lack of threatening mids but they always make the queens of fighting games flawed to give the weaker characters a shot, case in point lili :p
I just don’t like how it makes her nose look big with the mask. Personally I hope for Talim next, but I wouldn’t mind Voldo.

im worried about Setsuka because she was announced in SC3 I believe and since this is a reboot I’m not sure wether they’ll add her or not. Cervantes probably will be in the game but isn’t announced yet so I can’t assume he’ll be in the game. I did that with Cooler in DBFZ and he isn’t in.

yeah the mask is very off putting they could’ve used a different mask.

I’m glad maxi is gay I suddenly like him more.
Tbh Maxi isn't really gay tbh xD I think that leak info was debunked as fake a while ago which I think is good since a lot of homophobes get mad when their faves are either bi or gay, let it be a girl tho and then they don't mind tho XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I doubt that he's gay. It might be true, but I doubt it.
Tbh Maxi always seemed asexual imo, hell almost everyone except for Sophitia and Kilik and Xianghua seem like sex or anything is not on their mind, like how are you just gonna stand there ripping your opponent's clothes apart and not feeling anything? XD

Also my Cas characters are always in my head asexual anyway, my girl is tsundere while the male one is your typical chaste hero xD

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Tbh Maxi always seemed asexual imo, hell almost everyone except for Sophitia and Kilik and Xianghua seem like sex or anything is not on their mind, like how are you just gonna stand there ripping your opponent's clothes apart and not feeling anything? XD
Because the only thing going on in (most of) their minds is looking for a fugly sword, or a pretty sword to destroy the fugly sword.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Because the only thing going on in (most of) their minds is looking for a fugly sword, or a pretty sword to destroy the fugly sword.
I mean like that's cool, but if I were a SC warrior I wouldn't be interested in the swords tbh since they're both evil, and based on the weapon stats in SC2, the weapons are way too dangerous to seriously use. I would rather just front like I want to fight so I can sate whatever masochistic I have at a set time tbh.

I hope for SC6 they bring back the SC2 atmosphere in terms of setting and such, SC2 had this way more comfy type vibe I liked, SC3 had it somewhat and SC4 and SC5 didn't have that at all since the stories were rushed and there were hardly any interactions or cutscenes like before. Even in T7 it feels empty since it doesnr feel like a new entry tbh, it feels like a sort of "Best Of" type game and I don't want that emptiness being in SC as well

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I mean like that's cool, but if I were a SC warrior I wouldn't be interested in the swords tbh since they're both evil, and based on the weapon stats in SC2, the weapons are way too dangerous to seriously use. I would rather just front like I want to fight so I can sate whatever masochistic I have at a set time tbh.
The only character who fits that bill is Voldo, though I feel sorry for him as a gimp...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The only character who fits that bill is Voldo, though I feel sorry for him as a gimp...
Is he a masochist tho? I always thought that's how he just dressed in general and that he played up the whole submissive gimp thing like how Ivy is a dominatrix without actually being one xD Voldo can take his time coming back tho, i never liked him much tho since he seems to be a horrid interpretation of how a masochist behaves, like That's too extreme for me, but his SC2 stage and its song "Ordinary Pain" was definitely one of my fave tracks in that game, it was dark and its the anthem to let people know that pain is nothing to a masochist:cool:

His SC5 theme was better and darker but SC2 was the OG to the series, it'll always be my third favorite behind SC3 and SC4 since those games I personally felt was the best but SC2 had the best stages imo, I loved the library stage and the Egyptian tombs and labyrinths

Sho'nuff

Sophitia and Amy require skill, especially Amy who is very execution heavy as is fitting of a dark, young character like her xD they made Setsuka easy in SC3 but made her super hard in SC3 arcade and SC4. That was uncalled for tbh, plus she had too many JFs, Amy only had one which I got down tho...well idk about now since I haven't played SC4 since last year -.-

Which Soul Calibur game that made Setsuka "easy" in any variation including Arcade?

She was heavily known for its difficulty in every version of the game.

Just because she's hard to you doesn't make her a garbage character; it literally makes her a unique contrast to the roster and a challenging pick to play.

And trust me when I tell you: Sophitia and Amy doesn't require skill at all. Like, none at all!

o_O

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Which Soul Calibur game that made Setsuka "easy" in any variation including Arcade?

She was heavily known for its difficulty in every version of the game.

Just because she's hard to you doesn't make her a garbage character; it literally makes her a unique contrast to the roster and a challenging pick to play.

And trust me when I tell you: Sophitia and Amy doesn't require skill at all. Like, none at all!

:confused:
SC3 made Setsuka much more easy, yes she had a learning curve but she didn't have all that extra Just frame shit and whatnot, I played her actually in SC3 vanilla but couldn't in SC4 since they cockblocked all her moves behind virtual just frames which I found unbecoming. And I never said she was garbage, you must have misread what I said about her, she's always been one of the best but you never saw her at tourneys because why use a difficult character when you can just use Kilik, Xianghua, Sophitia, Amy, or even Hilde and win easy with lower difficulty? XD

Also Sophitia is simple to play but unsafe, she's the Kasumi of SC, if you mash with her you can get blown up and if you lose to her that's on the person who lost. Amy isn't easy, she has transitions and 4 different stances to memorize with follow ups to boot and she's very string heavy and a bit linear and slow when it comes to walking backwards and running. I actually want to make a guide for her if she ever gets added since I feel she's the best character in the franchise, she was trash in SC3 but they definitely gave her the deserved buffs in Arcade Edition and 4, plus she's only 9-10 kicking ass, like how much cooler can you get? ♡.♡ Idk how she'll be added in the reboot tho since logically she would be 5-6 at that time. Talim also wouldn't have much a chance since she would be 11 or 10 but they'll probably do something to exempt that, I mean Kazumi and Heihachi are canonically dead in Tekken 7 but somehow are still playable so they'll make it work

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD