Team NINJA does a 33-man Developer Tournament

DR2K

I really don't want to rely on some holy patch. I went through that with swtor and it was just nerf and nerf after nerf. Battlefield 3? Nerf this, nerf that, this gun killed me nerf that. The only patch I ever want to see is bug fixes because chances are if we get a patch it could only make things worse.

I get that I was being a broken record awhile back but I kind of saw this pattern coming while everyone else was chill. Nothing is set in stone till release date though but at this point whats done is done.

I've seen characters get buffed in patches as well. A lot of these nerfs sound more character nerfs than system ones. I'm sure Team Ninja will be open to buffs once the game has been analyzed for a few months.

TRI Mike

For me, the game will be perfect if:

-CB ss allowed in the second or third hit of a combo for everyone.
-Everyone gets frame advantage and safe moves in double digits.
-String delays is shortened.
-Helena gets all her DOA4 shit back except for the forced teching + single-hit sit-down stuns and back turned stuns to guarantee a few fast attacks afterwards.
-Tina is safe and able to land good air throws from most launch heights and guaranteed ground throws after most strings land like in DOA3.
-Tina gets advantage from an opponent breaking her combo throws.
-Cliffhangers stop having an option for the attacker to get damage.
-Fang relied on more and better sabakis, parries and advanced holds that guarantee entire combos afterwards.
-Eliot's 214P+F and 2P+F guarantee shit after them.
-Bass got more guaranteed pick-ups and better options after them like in DOA3/3.1

Chaos

For me, the game will be perfect if:

-CB ss allowed in the second or third hit of a combo for everyone.
-Everyone gets frame advantage and safe moves in double digits.
-String delays is shortened.
-Helena gets all her DOA4 shit back except for the forced teching + single-hit sit-down stuns and back turned stuns to guarantee a few fast attacks afterwards.
-Tina is safe and able to land good air throws from most launch heights and guaranteed ground throws after most strings land like in DOA3.
-Tina gets advantage from an opponent breaking her combo throws.
-Cliffhangers stop having an option for the attacker to get damage.
-Fang relied on more and better sabakis, parries and advanced holds that guarantee entire combos afterwards.
-Eliot's 214P+F and 2P+F guarantee shit after them.
-Bass got more guaranteed pick-ups and better options after them like in DOA3/3.1
All those buffs would make DOA5 a much better fighting game. :)

x Sypher x

As long as we keep in touch with TN and remain very vocal about our concerns I'm sure we'll be fine. We still have Seasons Beatings to look forward to if I'm not mistaken, and Shimbori will be there. He seems to be a sensible man, I'm sure we can reason with him somehow.

GLoRToR

We just have to be as noisy as possible.
Please be. We could even suggest to make a separate set of patches for japanese people and just region lock it for their "home play" if they want a nerfed version. Let europe and usa play it right.

Depends Aoi in VF5 seemed like a guess based bait character to me. Don't think it'll be something new for an Akira player.

Aoi counter windows are so small compared to doa and are worthless in VF. The only time you would even throw out a counter is when you 100% **know** the move is coming. Her counter game despite having a million counters, is an infinitesimally small part of her game.

Chaos

Please be. We could even suggest to make a separate set of patches for japanese people and just region lock it for their "home play" if they want a nerfed version. Let europe and usa play it right.
Yes definitely!! I was thinking the same thing! :eek: instead of stripping away all the tools just give them their own version...release a patch thats exclusively for japan. There... problem sovled. ;)

Pupi18

Agree it doesnt make any sense and it is not practical (Making different patches per region really?) also people who play world wide would feel a slap if such thing happens.

MaxwellMouse

Honestly what do you all think the odds are that the game will get all those buffs at this point? Not to be pessimistic but I bet the games stays the same with maybe small changes. Hope I am wrong however and they take direct feed back and implement it.

Edit: That worked for Ninja Gaiden 3 so maybe there is a chance if we all pound it into Team Ninja's head. But I think that is a different case. Everyone disliked that game. Hardcore NG fans, more casual NG fans. Reviewers, you name it. I suspect the competitive DOA community will be the only group with issues pertaining to the gameplay. It will probably get fairly good reviews too.

Doa_Eater

Honestly what do you all think the odds are that the game will get all those buffs at this point? Not to be pessimistic but I bet the games stays the same with maybe small changes. Hope I am wrong however and they take direct feed back and implement it.

Edit: That worked for Ninja Gaiden 3 so maybe there is a chance if we all pound it into Team Ninja's head. But I think that is a different case. Everyone disliked that game. Hardcore NG fans, more casual NG fans. Reviewers, you name it. I suspect the competitive DOA community will be the only group with issues pertaining to the gameplay. It will probably get fairly good reviews too.

Nope, it's pretty much how Rikuto put it, for every game all they know is how to nerf. Then the next patch is removing that nerf and adding a new one, and on and on. NG3 is a lost cause, don't be surprised if they announce tomorrow that Kasumi is playable to do some gruesome killings.

Chaos

I'm looking forward to see how online works and hopefully it runs 60fps without slowing down because that would look nasty & will ruin the gameplay.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD