Tekken

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
You're "trying" to know what you're talking about and failing =/ Grapple characters in Tekken can be played much more offensively and don't need to rely on their throws as much as someone like Bass or Bayman. Kings and Armor Kings "Giant Swing" does at least 30-40% damage without wall damage, that's stronger than all of Goh's throws in your provided example. I'm not understanding where you got 10% health from. You're examples are biased stating grapple characters in other games are better. King, and armor king also have throws for maximizing damage, resets, and positioning.

You mean his techable giant swing? The one everyone decent either breaks or techs when thrown. he's got a few good throws but the majority of his stuff is useless against anyone who knows what they're doing. he's got like a hundred dam throws I expect something better

Yurlungur

Oh god, lili's "bound" is now qcf+3+4
oh god she's gonna be stupid, i'm looking forward to her now

Oh yay, they also made db+4 a launch :)

Radiance

You mean his techable giant swing? The one everyone decent either breaks or techs when thrown. he's got a few good throws but the majority of his stuff is useless against anyone who knows what they're doing. he's got like a hundred dam throws I expect something better

You're not going to throw break throws in tekken on reaction everytime, just not possible considering there are 3 different throw options. FYI its usually only pro's that can read and react to the hand gestures of throw types 70-80% of the time, but okay, you have god like reactions =/

Aris's thoughts on this amazing feature!

In other news...

Rage arts. They look cool, but I think in Tekken it's not needed considering it's really easy to "YOLO" hop kick someone. Not to mention even on airborne as well as bounded opponents you still get full animation unlike SF4 ultra's or SCV critical edge's. There seems to be damage scaling, except on Leo's combo which was a full combo into a bound + super which did like 70-80% damage. It seems catered towards beginners, but the irony is I see beginners getting annoyed by this. I feel as if only vets/pro's will be able to deal with this better considering spacing in Tekken is kinda high level.

In other news...

CLAUDIO'S A MUTHERFUCKIN QUINCY
Primer_arco.jpg

Radiance

oop's wasn't finished.

Another thing I'm excited about are the tweaks to the combo system. They made the game the TR/T5 which removed the refloat properties on oki which I like, I think some vets which be annoyed, but I don't think everything needs to lead to a full launch combo, ground damage is enough. I love how they did but didn't remove bounds like on lili's BT b2. That used to only launch on CH, but they turned that hit property into a bound/relaunch which is cool because it knocks the opponent closer to the wall, but since the distance is far apart you may not have as many options. I'm looking forward to new moves and property changes. I hope they update the models and use new CGI renders for character silhouettes, right now they're just using TTT2/TR silhouettes and models.

Stages look more fluid when breaking walls, and instead of going into a bound state after floors break characters now refloat. Another thing, I hope they go back to T6 customization mode, clothes in TTT2 didn't look fitted on the characters. Music still seems amazing, I'm just excited for 2015 and the finished product. Harada has never let me down.

Adamleelight

she does not belong in tekken. only in TR her moveset were made for that game and besides that she is really cheap.

People find Eliza cheap? damn lol. Her fireballs are easily sidestepped, other than that move I don't really know what she has that could be considered cheap. Unless you mean her heal move which isn't really that great anyway. Her moves are like a mix of Lili and Lars.

Harada has already stated that a character in T7 will have 2D mechanics, not sure if Claudio has a projectile but I think someone will have one.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
You're not going to throw break throws in tekken on reaction everytime, just not possible considering there are 3 different throw options. FYI its usually only pro's that can read and react to the hand gestures of throw types 70-80% of the time, but okay, you have god like reactions =/

no i dont, i just know others do and since i plan on playing competitively at some point im not going to waste learning something that becomes near useless at higher levels, especially something as complicated as Tekken's super throws.

Yurlungur

no i dont, i just know others do and since i plan on playing competitively at some point im not going to waste learning something that becomes near useless at higher levels, especially something as complicated as Tekken's super throws.

He does 80% damage off of a rolling death cradle and I play nina/anna and i use their chain throws and i usually throw people off because those are hard to break

Radiance

especially something as complicated as Tekken's super throws.

FYI, Tekken's chain throws would be more useful considering they have mutiple throw chain options from each throw, meaning it's a guess every time. Throw breaking on reaction from reading hand gestures is a skill that takes months and probably years of experience to master, similar to mastering movement. Still I've seen pro's in tournaments get caught in some damaging throws

But like i've stated, grapple characters in Tekken are different from grapples in most fighters. They excel in their neutral game like other characters. Compared to bass or Bayman who have i12-i14 jabs and usually are overwhelmed by other characters speed/pressure HAVE to rely on their throws, grapplers in Tekken do not. Someone like armor king who has a strong neutral game and great movement (his wavedash), his throws are more of tools that're their to provide a extra layer of offense. Still just as useful, but not so much a necessity.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
that's the thing im not saying that characters like Dragonov and King are bad quite the opposite in fact, but the fact that not using their throws is often the better choice makes me wonder why they're called grapplers and who im supposed to play when this game comes out.

Radiance

I never said not using there throws was the better choice, just that they don't have to as much because they have a strong neutral game like the rest of the cast in Tekken, whereas DOA grapplers don't. Wolf from VF is similar. A grappler with a strong neutral game. I think you're just used to DOA grapple type characters, they HAVE to rely on there throws to continuously give them the advantage. imo Team Ninja just does a bad interpretation of grapple characters, but I think I should get back to the topic.

This video confirms new costumes, intro's (thank god, Kazuya has been saying "so it's you" since Tekken 5), outro's, character silhouettes, art, and updated graphics.

Last day of the lokest stream. Japanese players really made this game shine and it's not even finished yet, I have high hopes for this game and it'll definitely be my favorite fighter (3D) for 2015.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I never said not using there throws was the better choice, just that they don't have to as much because they have a strong neutral game like the rest of the cast in Tekken, whereas DOA grapplers don't. Wolf from VF is similar. A grappler with a strong neutral game. I think you're just used to DOA grapple type characters, they HAVE to rely on there throws to continuously give them the advantage. imo Team Ninja just does a bad interpretation of grapple characters, but I think I should get back to the topic.

This video confirms new costumes, intro's (thank god, Kazuya has been saying "so it's you" since Tekken 5), outro's, character silhouettes, art, and updated graphics.

Last day of the lokest stream. Japanese players really made this game shine and it's not even finished yet, I have high hopes for this game and it'll definitely be my favorite fighter (3D) for 2015.
I can tell you're going to abuse the shit out of Uryu's brother in this game lol

Ghosty-J

I'm not quite sure what to think about the new way bounds are handled in this game. I was hoping that the bounds would be removed so it feels more like Tekken Revolution where combos were much simpler. At the same time, they look slightly harder to chain and abuse and I'm cool with that. I don't know the full extent of that mechanic, so I'll save my judgement on that for later. Otherwise, I'm impressed. Can't wait to see more of this game :V

And yes, Claudio is A FREAKING QUINCY.
tumblr_ncxjissSyD1tss4lfo1_500.gif

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
So far I have nothing to be impressed about with this game. Then again I haven't been impressed with a Tekken game since 5. Regardless I will get it in hopes that this will be a big improvement. I am looking forward to some of the new characters, and my old favorites.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD