DOA5LR The DOA5LR Outfit Request Thread!

CommanderWiggles

I honestly wouldn't expect to see a lot of character development with P4. Out of the 3 DLC girls she got the shaft in every way imaginable. She couldn't even get her own theme! They'll probably kill her off in 6 (if she even gets included).
I think they should individualize her, which is why I went off with a design of my own. I would like to see other people's ideas on how we can distribute an individual out of her, instead of make her seem like an unoriginal clone. No one's stepping up to the plate, so I took the initiative to share my own design.

And a bit of "no offense" but if anyone else made the same design for her, like Axouel or Tyaren or someone with amazing artistic skill, you people would bow to your knees and demand the design to be on. The people with "mediocre" skill, like me, get either no feedback or poked holes, no constructive criticism or anything. I'm afraid to post my ideas on here anymore strictly because of this. I'm surprised I even took initiative and courage today.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
This thread will not be your outlet to complain about the community not accepting you yet again. Posting about "standing up to FSD" on Facebook with an accompanying screen capture from this thread tells me that you're expecting to stir up melodrama, and it's my job to prevent melodrama.

If people don't like your design, they don't like it. That's pretty natural in the world. You'll encounter more criticisms than compliments. Complaining about perceived injustices and discrimination is not going help your cause at all, so that ends here.

dud.dull

Standard Donor
I think we should have Ayane's Lamina and her tank top and sweat pants back. Those were my personal favorites. :c
I also really liked C10 and C14 from DOA2U for Ayane. Her sweats are sweet too. C14 is my favourite though. I just like the look of the more modern, casual outfits.

CommanderWiggles

I also really liked C10 and C14 from DOA2U for Ayane. Her sweats are sweet too. C14 is my favourite though. I just like the look of the more modern, casual outfits.
C14 was also another favorite of mine! The butterfly necklace just stood out! It was amazingly adorable!

Kronin

So far, I've redesigned P4 with a new hairstyle and overall "style."

I made an "aspiring photographer" outfit that I'm willing to digitalize [SOON], being my ASUS is currently under repair (for the third time).

Here's the design idea i had for her (corresponds to a story idea for DOA6):
Because she is a "tragic weapon" by M.I.S.T, she feels sorrow over who she is. Because of this, she discovers photography, and sees beauty in the world with it. She uses it as an escape, and aspires to be a professional photographer.

Her look has been altered to individualize her. Her hair is cut into a fringe, and is dyed pale blond with brown lowlights.

So far these are just sketches from my sketchbook. I had an XNA pic of the hairstyle (not the color) on Facebook, and so far people have loved it (I guess).

10629681_10202695188533042_4482762470722110714_n.jpg

10628319_10202807372457570_2290398235315538469_n.jpg
10593175_10202843257874683_6439256430734686129_n.jpg

These are pretty nice designs, however so far I believe that would be out of canon for the character me too (of course this is a "problem" just if you want consider the plot, otherwise the character could very likely to wear it just as wear a nurse or a swimsuit costume) . The reason is that currently Phase-4's problem is not exactly to be able to live a normal life, but just "to be able to live", being in the end used just as a weapon from MIST with the only difference that is an alive being and not a tool (I'm just supposing, but the game seems to hint this).

However if DoA was an anime this would be an interesting development and neither so unlikely considering that I saw other similar situations in fiction: I could see Phase-4 to meet some people able to free her and to convince them to turn against Donovan, then the clone to make some discoveries during this isolation from MIST (as for example the beauty of the world and the wish to get pictures of them), and finally after the destruction of the organization (now with a proper name) being able to build even an own personality now that she doesn't consider more herself a weapon clone (so even to wear with an own identity and cultivating a personal hobby as the photography).

[The only problem is that in a similar scenario I find the people more likely to free Phase-4 the same shinobi, in primis Kasumi, and living with with them could male appear pretty strange her later wish to appear as a not ninja person (and so with a western look as you depicted her)].

In the end what I want say is that a such kind of development for Phase-4, while not completely impossible, would be too much hasty for DoA6, at least for some elements of it (the part of Phase-4 developing other interests that distract her for its "deadly job" could be easily integrated) and so consequently even a such look. But like always, just my 2 cents :)

On an unrelated note for not being completely off topic, I state again how I would like so much to get this Halloween outfit for Phase-4 by @ShinobiOfTheWind (but sadly there are few chances with the other black one for her being one of the top 10 winners...):

1403787117-phase4-la-grande-faucheuse.jpg

Last edited:

CommanderWiggles

These are pretty nice designs, however so far I believe that would be out of canon for the character me too (of course this is a "problem" just if you want consider the plot, otherwise the character could very likely to wear it just as wear a nurse or a swimsuit costume) . The reason is that currently Phase-4's problem is not to be able to live a normal life, but just to live being in the end very likely used just as a weapon from MIST with the only difference that is alive (I'm just supposing, but the game seems to hint this).

However if DoA was an anime this would be an interesting development and neither so unlikely considering that I saw other similar situations in fiction: I could see Phase-4 to meet some people able to free her and to convince them to turn against Donovan, then the clone to make some discoveries during this isolation from MIST (as for example the beauty of the world and the wish to get pictures of them), and finally after the destruction of the organization (now with a proper name) being able to build even an own personality now that she didn't consider more herlsef a weapon clone (so even to wear with an own identity and cultivating a personal hobby as the photography).

[The only problem is that in a similar scenario I find the people more likely to free Phase-4 the same shinobi (in primis Kasumi), and maybe to live with them would appear pretty strange that staying with them she could wish to appear in the end as a not ninja person...]

In the end what I want say is that a such kind of development for Phase-4, while not completely impossible, would be too much hasty for DoA6, at least not all of it (the part of Phase-4 developing other interests that distract her for its "deadly job" could be easily integrated) and so consequently even a such look. But like always, just my 2 cents :)

On an unrelated note for not being completely off topic, I state again how I would like so much to get this Halloween outfit for Phase-4 by @ShinobiOfTheWind (but sadly there are few chances with the other black one for her being one of the top 10 winners...):

1403787117-phase4-la-grande-faucheuse.jpg
Thank you so much for being constructive and listing realistically why and why not it should be in or not. This is the kind of feedback I look for, and yes, it is more "fancanon" if anything, which, I admit, I do that quite a bit (with my whole Eliot with a Rick Grimes Beard scenario). It's not an impossible concept, but it is also not a straight-out concept of "this is how it is," knowing TN (knowing they'd never add a design like that).
But I would like to see people come up with ideas of "how can we differ P4 from Kasumi so it's not a 'Xehanort Effect.'" I thought about starting a thread regarding that, but threads aren't my thing.
Thank you for being constructive and giving feedback. That is all I want, because, you know, I am willing to design games, and I need this kind of stuff to move me forward and figure out, "how can I improve?" I also did the XNA pic of P4 with that skirt and top, and so far it's been liked, but I don't plan to make that official because it's just parts from the other costumes. But then again, as I said, if I didn't design it, but if someone else did, who is more popular on this site, people would drop to their knees and suck on their toes, demanding the design to be canon. That is just something that irks me, because, you know, be realistic! I'm glad you were, and I'm glad you took the initiative to be civil and constructive.

That Halloween design for P4 is also extremely cute! I would love to see that in as well!

Kronin

@CommanderWiggles

Well Team NINJA can't implement a fan idea if they didn't know about it, more even not completely integrating your design this could work for them as inspiration for some similar concepts (there is a chance that maybe this happened just for the same Nyotengu's character idea). So I don't know if you have already sent them your thoughts/works or less, but in the latter case I simply suggest you to do it: you can never know what could happen ;)

PS: I slighty edited a few lines of my previous post that appeared not so understandable: sorry but I was in hurry when I wrote it.

Last edited:

CommanderWiggles

@CommanderWiggles

Well Team NINJA can't implement a fan idea if they didn't know about it, more even not completely integrating your design this could work for them as inspiration for some similar concepts (there is a chance that maybe this happened just for the same Nyotengu's character idea). So I don't know if you have already sent them your thoughts/works or less, but in the latter case I simply suggest you to do it: you can never know what could happen ;)

PS: I slighty edited a few lines of my previous post that appeared not so understandable: sorry but I was in hurry when I wrote it.
Honestly, I was just looking for the reception, and seeing how people would react by it, being it's a rather "huge" change. Thing is, I'm done with designs to them, unless, say, I were to send them privately, because I don't have the patience nor time to deal with it (yesterday I had a ton of free time because I had 4 hours until my next class and no homework). I doubt the representative who uses the FB page would be happy with me sending PM's of designs.

doa_ultimate10.jpg

We need original Xtreme swimsuits... because Xtreme 2 ones just aren't as great. :c

Kronin

Honestly, I was just looking for the reception, and seeing how people would react by it, being it's a rather "huge" change. Thing is, I'm done with designs to them, unless, say, I were to send them privately, because I don't have the patience nor time to deal with it (yesterday I had a ton of free time because I had 4 hours until my next class and no homework). I doubt the representative who uses the FB page would be happy with me sending PM's of designs.

Personally I don't see the problem: you have just to post them on TN's page for sending them your idea about. You haven't to deal with the reaction of the people, this is the role of Team NINJA if should get in consideration the thought to implement your idea =) However I believe that it's now better to stop the off topic.

doa_ultimate10.jpg

We need original Xtreme swimsuits... because Xtreme 2 ones just aren't as great. :c

The funny thing is that the Asterope, this iconic swimsuit of the DoAX series, is actually a winner fan design XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD