DOA5LR The DOA5LR Outfit Request Thread!

David Gregg

@David Gregg you said all right things and I know that is impossible that TN is not aware of the problem and that is forced to continue in this way from marketing policies. But then what should we do if not continue to ask for it? In the end it's not, also, through this behavior that the Legacy outfits and the Tengu-Do appeared in the game?

It's okay to be hopeful and request for things, but my point is to not get upset if TN doesn't change their ways. If you think about it TN really didn't give us Banko fans what we wanted as they turned him into a female with big boobs. :( But you're right there are small glimpses of hope like male casual/legacy outfits and the supposed new male boss included in LR.

Last edited:

Aven Kujo-Gin

I will post this here because I don't know exactly where to place it. The Facebook user Ronnie Hill made a great post on the FB page of DoA, stating in a peaceful way what are the problems with the current marketing of the game that some people here seem to share. I report the his message here and I invite everyone that agree with him to give a like to his post:

To Team Ninja--

A serious question: is your "I'm a Fighter" slogan meant to be ironic? I've seen a translation of the interview that producer Yousuke Hayashi did with Famitsu and it was...rather embarrassing to read. That coupled with the fact that another set of what I can only describe as "fetish" bunny DLC for only female characters (not even all of them, showing repeated neglect of a few) is really starting to make me question it.

I'm glad that you all seem to be supporting the tournament scene, but it doesn't look like you're treating many of your own characters with the dignity that they perhaps deserve. Your main draw for the Tokyo Game Show appeared to be nothing but displaying how nice the females' breasts look on next-gen hardware via your "soft engine". You claim that you want the public to view this as a serious fighting game, but I don't think you realize how detrimental coverage like what was seen at the Tokyo Game Show may be to that goal. There was even a snippet in a recent Game Informer magazine making fun of your current business practices.

It appears that you are alienating many fans of the game with your DLC practices, e.g. perhaps fans who have a male character as their favorite, in addition to many that would like to see more unique costumes and less themed, shared costumes. Do you ever plan on releasing DLC not "sexy" or "naughty" and more inline with the Casual or Legacy DLCs? Or are those simply not worth the time and cost investment?

Many people have been asking for such for a long time now, only to be repeatedly sidelined in favor of more and more "sexy" outfits and even gravure videos. Have you forgotten that your male characters exist? Do you realize how ridiculous the gap in the number of costumes between male characters and female characters has become, for instance? As long as you have the characters in the game at all, I feel like you should be treating them a little more fairly than you have been. Not only do they not receive costumes, they are modeled more poorly, and not promoted nearly as much in advertising for the game. Various other fighting games seem to do a better job in these areas.

Does it even concern you what people think of the male characters? If not, then why are they in the game in the first place? I don't think you are giving them to chance to become more popular.

I'm trying to write this as evenhandedly as possible so it won't be taken as just an angry rant. But, I'm worried. I think that you may be in danger of losing a decent portion of fans when it may not have to be that way. I think that there are a number of things to be enjoyed about the Dead or Alive series. But, if you are only concerned with promoting and exploiting how sexy the female characters are, anything else good about the series may be obscured. I don't think the sex appeal should be outright removed. But, I don't think that everything should proceed in this exact manner.

We are coming upon the dawn of an even further version of Dead or Alive 5. I hope that you will somewhat consider the ways that you have been handling some of your affairs moving forward. I'm not even sure that I can defend or support this series in any way for much longer and I've been following the series for 16+ years now.

Sincerely,
A Fan

Source: https://www.facebook.com/deadoralivegame/posts/585953538175402
We really need to make us hear. I'm worried about the image they are making of DOA. This game has been always famous for the girls, that's true, but it was famous also for being a great fighting game with such an unique system. But now, DOA is mostly known around the world for boobs, partial nudity, fetish costumes and etc. And this, for an old fan of the series like me, is very sad.

gnooz

I will post this here because I don't know exactly where to place it. The Facebook user Ronnie Hill made a great post on the FB page of DoA, stating in a peaceful way what are the problems with the current marketing of the game that some people here seem to share. I report the his message here and I invite everyone that agree with him to give a like to his post:

To Team Ninja--

A serious question: is your "I'm a Fighter" slogan meant to be ironic? I've seen a translation of the interview that producer Yousuke Hayashi did with Famitsu and it was...rather embarrassing to read. That coupled with the fact that another set of what I can only describe as "fetish" bunny DLC for only female characters (not even all of them, showing repeated neglect of a few) is really starting to make me question it.

I'm glad that you all seem to be supporting the tournament scene, but it doesn't look like you're treating many of your own characters with the dignity that they perhaps deserve. Your main draw for the Tokyo Game Show appeared to be nothing but displaying how nice the females' breasts look on next-gen hardware via your "soft engine". You claim that you want the public to view this as a serious fighting game, but I don't think you realize how detrimental coverage like what was seen at the Tokyo Game Show may be to that goal. There was even a snippet in a recent Game Informer magazine making fun of your current business practices.

It appears that you are alienating many fans of the game with your DLC practices, e.g. perhaps fans who have a male character as their favorite, in addition to many that would like to see more unique costumes and less themed, shared costumes. Do you ever plan on releasing DLC not "sexy" or "naughty" and more inline with the Casual or Legacy DLCs? Or are those simply not worth the time and cost investment?

Many people have been asking for such for a long time now, only to be repeatedly sidelined in favor of more and more "sexy" outfits and even gravure videos. Have you forgotten that your male characters exist? Do you realize how ridiculous the gap in the number of costumes between male characters and female characters has become, for instance? As long as you have the characters in the game at all, I feel like you should be treating them a little more fairly than you have been. Not only do they not receive costumes, they are modeled more poorly, and not promoted nearly as much in advertising for the game. Various other fighting games seem to do a better job in these areas.

Does it even concern you what people think of the male characters? If not, then why are they in the game in the first place? I don't think you are giving them to chance to become more popular.

I'm trying to write this as evenhandedly as possible so it won't be taken as just an angry rant. But, I'm worried. I think that you may be in danger of losing a decent portion of fans when it may not have to be that way. I think that there are a number of things to be enjoyed about the Dead or Alive series. But, if you are only concerned with promoting and exploiting how sexy the female characters are, anything else good about the series may be obscured. I don't think the sex appeal should be outright removed. But, I don't think that everything should proceed in this exact manner.

We are coming upon the dawn of an even further version of Dead or Alive 5. I hope that you will somewhat consider the ways that you have been handling some of your affairs moving forward. I'm not even sure that I can defend or support this series in any way for much longer and I've been following the series for 16+ years now.

Sincerely,
A Fan

I am fighter slogan is really absurd for this game. The problem is that I don't want fetish outifts for boys. This won't make the game more "interesting." Sure it would make it more equal because girls have tons of them but this isn't the way we should go...I am not against fetish costumes just they outweight the normal ones! For me other than Ryu's C1 there isn't any good fight costume options for him. I want more normal costume alternatives. They make tons of bikini alternatives why not normal costume alternatives? Other than Kasumi and Ayane other girls don't have many normal fight costumes too. Giving Gen Fu just one short isn't interesting for character.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I think you guys are taking this issue a little to the heart and lettting yourselves be too emotionally attached. Sending that sort of message is simply going to confuse them more. Now, yes, the art director kinda needs to get laid, but you guys and gals just have to send em messages asking for costumes for other characters so that they'll have some data to support the fact people do actually want costumes and content for other characters, so that Koei-Tecmo can also give them a green light and give them the check.

Writing long winded essays expressing your frustrations are all fine and dandy, but also asking them what you want also helps. Be nice by the way. Also, ask nicely. Do onto other what you want them do to you, so keep a balance between formal niceties and frank expression. Be polite but also express your frustration.

Kronin

@UncleKitchener but indeed what you say is exactly what was done with the thread Casual Suggestions for TN, where the purposr was collect precise ideas for the game to sent to TN.

Btw I decided to promote this FB post overall because expressed its ideas in a polite way. Otherwise, even keeping the same message, I wouldn't have considered it as I do with the others that say things that I think me too, but not in the way how I would express them.

ShinQuan

PLEASE. Or something brand new like that China pack costume which turned out awesome

287px-Brad_Costume_2.jpg
150px-DOA3_Brad_C3.jpg
Brad_Wong.jpg
DOA3_Brad_C3x.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

werewolfgold

To Team Ninja--

Sincerely,
A Fan

...I doubt TN will do anything. Money talks. As someone else in that comment thread said, if it's 1 vs. 100, then... Welp. As Dio would say, "MUDA DA! MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA--" you get the point.

But, I'm just a crotchety, old, cynic. (I guess I'm not that old in the long run. But, I'm feeling like it more and more nowadays...)

Hey, look at me posting in the costume request thread. How did I get here? I blame you, @Kronin. lol

DyByHands

Since I take TN's copy-recolor-paste technique into account, all I would ask for is one of those visor training suits for Momiji. All the other ninjas have one, just slap a different color on it.
And then give Ein and Leon a "fighter" costume like the other guys. I think that was the name? The swimwear stuff for the guys.

Rawbietussin

So, will strategically placed dots cover her nipples in that outfit? Or does she wear a skin colored body suit underneath it?

I never really gave much thought about it but I guess I would say the former. All I was ever going for that time when I made the costume entry was to create a fusion between these two:

Vogue-3-madonna-31380619-816-1123.jpg
inspired-make-cruella-deville-135706.jpg

Kodachi

Standard Donor

To Team Ninja--

Sincerely,
A Fan

I agree completely with this but people have to understand that if you talk about breasts and all this crap it stirs controversy people will listen and talk about it (this is why Senran Kagura is so sucessful), it's a cheap marketing strategy TN has been using since day 1. no one would really care if all they talked about was the gameplay mechanics, they will get into that later on in development but right now their focus is getting peoples attention. Just bear with them, japanese devs do this all the timeeee.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I think we can all agree this is the greatest outfit!

Many of the Halloween costume contest's entries and almost the complete top ten where a shining beacon of skill, creativity and class! Yes, there truly was greatness achieved!

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I agree completely with this but people have to understand that if you talk about breasts and all this crap it stirs controversy people will listen and talk about it (this is why Senran Kagura is so sucessful), it's a cheap marketing strategy TN has been using since day 1. no one would really care if all they talked about was the gameplay mechanics, they will get into that later on in development but right now their focus is getting peoples attention. Just bear with them, japanese devs do this all the timeeee.

Doesn't mean it's right though. A game's "gameplay mechanics" should be a primary point, but I understand where you're coming from.

Last edited:

Darkton93

Can we please get back to posting outfit suggestions? If it really bothers you what TN is doing, then suggest them otherwise. They do listen to their fans (Zack's DOA++ C1 being RT'd then included, suggestion for bird-girl being made into Nyo), so why not send some more requests their way?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD