DOA5LR The DOA5LR Outfit Request Thread!

Malibu

This for rachel

Nami-One-Piece-38-723x1024.png

All i ever want.

fateninja

I want Bass in a pink prom dress too. c:
wat.png

Yay cross-dresses!!! But really I just want all the male to have a proper suits/tuxedo set with different colours and accessories like Bayman dresses up as a professional Hitman
and Rig should wear as classy like his dad because at least give me one costume that doesn't look ridiculous for him.

For a comeback, the C3 costume for Ryu from Dead or Alive 3 is a yes. And if they're crazy enough, Regent of the Mask's costume for Ryu. ~(u3u~)

Tokkosho

oh my fucking god what if the new character is the alchemist from NG3 (i forget his name, alex?)

Tokkosho

Yay cross-dresses!!! But really I just want all the male to have a proper suits/tuxedo set with different colours and accessories like Bayman dresses up as a professional Hitman
and Rig should wear as classy like his dad because at least give me one costume that doesn't look ridiculous for him.
Give it to Leon and put some blood splatters on it from the poor fool who decided to laugh at him.

Hell, if you want to get crazy with it put a wig on him and name the costume "Lauren" or "Roland".

Argentus

So far, I've redesigned P4 with a new hairstyle and overall "style."

I made an "aspiring photographer" outfit that I'm willing to digitalize [SOON], being my ASUS is currently under repair (for the third time).

Here's the design idea i had for her (corresponds to a story idea for DOA6):
Because she is a "tragic weapon" by M.I.S.T, she feels sorrow over who she is. Because of this, she discovers photography, and sees beauty in the world with it. She uses it as an escape, and aspires to be a professional photographer.

Her look has been altered to individualize her. Her hair is cut into a fringe, and is dyed pale blond with brown lowlights.

So far these are just sketches from my sketchbook. I had an XNA pic of the hairstyle (not the color) on Facebook, and so far people have loved it (I guess).

10629681_10202695188533042_4482762470722110714_n.jpg

10628319_10202807372457570_2290398235315538469_n.jpg
10593175_10202843257874683_6439256430734686129_n.jpg
You have her milas c2?

But seriously they should give her the quorra cut from the contest.

And for Mila I now want her to get a Pixie costume. As in, Monster Ranchers Pixie.

Kronin

I will post this here because I don't know exactly where to place it. The Facebook user Ronnie Hill made a great post on the FB page of DoA, stating in a peaceful way what are the problems with the current marketing of the game that some people here seem to share. I report the his message here and I invite everyone that agree with him to give a like to his post:

To Team Ninja--

A serious question: is your "I'm a Fighter" slogan meant to be ironic? I've seen a translation of the interview that producer Yousuke Hayashi did with Famitsu and it was...rather embarrassing to read. That coupled with the fact that another set of what I can only describe as "fetish" bunny DLC for only female characters (not even all of them, showing repeated neglect of a few) is really starting to make me question it.

I'm glad that you all seem to be supporting the tournament scene, but it doesn't look like you're treating many of your own characters with the dignity that they perhaps deserve. Your main draw for the Tokyo Game Show appeared to be nothing but displaying how nice the females' breasts look on next-gen hardware via your "soft engine". You claim that you want the public to view this as a serious fighting game, but I don't think you realize how detrimental coverage like what was seen at the Tokyo Game Show may be to that goal. There was even a snippet in a recent Game Informer magazine making fun of your current business practices.

It appears that you are alienating many fans of the game with your DLC practices, e.g. perhaps fans who have a male character as their favorite, in addition to many that would like to see more unique costumes and less themed, shared costumes. Do you ever plan on releasing DLC not "sexy" or "naughty" and more inline with the Casual or Legacy DLCs? Or are those simply not worth the time and cost investment?

Many people have been asking for such for a long time now, only to be repeatedly sidelined in favor of more and more "sexy" outfits and even gravure videos. Have you forgotten that your male characters exist? Do you realize how ridiculous the gap in the number of costumes between male characters and female characters has become, for instance? As long as you have the characters in the game at all, I feel like you should be treating them a little more fairly than you have been. Not only do they not receive costumes, they are modeled more poorly, and not promoted nearly as much in advertising for the game. Various other fighting games seem to do a better job in these areas.

Does it even concern you what people think of the male characters? If not, then why are they in the game in the first place? I don't think you are giving them to chance to become more popular.

I'm trying to write this as evenhandedly as possible so it won't be taken as just an angry rant. But, I'm worried. I think that you may be in danger of losing a decent portion of fans when it may not have to be that way. I think that there are a number of things to be enjoyed about the Dead or Alive series. But, if you are only concerned with promoting and exploiting how sexy the female characters are, anything else good about the series may be obscured. I don't think the sex appeal should be outright removed. But, I don't think that everything should proceed in this exact manner.

We are coming upon the dawn of an even further version of Dead or Alive 5. I hope that you will somewhat consider the ways that you have been handling some of your affairs moving forward. I'm not even sure that I can defend or support this series in any way for much longer and I've been following the series for 16+ years now.

Sincerely,
A Fan

Source: https://www.facebook.com/deadoralivegame/posts/585953538175402

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I will post this here because I don't know exactly where to place it. The Facebook user Ronnie Hill made a great post on the FB page of DoA, stating in a peaceful way what are the problems with the current marketing of the game that some people here seem to share. I report the his message here and I invite everyone that agree with him to give a like to his post:

To Team Ninja--

A serious question: is your "I'm a Fighter" slogan meant to be ironic? I've seen a translation of the interview that producer Yousuke Hayashi did with Famitsu and it was...rather embarrassing to read. That coupled with the fact that another set of what I can only describe as "fetish" bunny DLC for only female characters (not even all of them, showing repeated neglect of a few) is really starting to make me question it.

I'm glad that you all seem to be supporting the tournament scene, but it doesn't look like you're treating many of your own characters with the dignity that they perhaps deserve. Your main draw for the Tokyo Game Show appeared to be nothing but displaying how nice the females' breasts look on next-gen hardware via your "soft engine". You claim that you want the public to view this as a serious fighting game, but I don't think you realize how detrimental coverage like what was seen at the Tokyo Game Show may be to that goal. There was even a snippet in a recent Game Informer magazine making fun of your current business practices.

It appears that you are alienating many fans of the game with your DLC practices, e.g. perhaps fans who have a male character as their favorite, in addition to many that would like to see more unique costumes and less themed, shared costumes. Do you ever plan on releasing DLC not "sexy" or "naughty" and more inline with the Casual or Legacy DLCs? Or are those simply not worth the time and cost investment?

Many people have been asking for such for a long time now, only to be repeatedly sidelined in favor of more and more "sexy" outfits and even gravure videos. Have you forgotten that your male characters exist? Do you realize how ridiculous the gap in the number of costumes between male characters and female characters has become, for instance? As long as you have the characters in the game at all, I feel like you should be treating them a little more fairly than you have been. Not only do they not receive costumes, they are modeled more poorly, and not promoted nearly as much in advertising for the game. Various other fighting games seem to do a better job in these areas.

Does it even concern you what people think of the male characters? If not, then why are they in the game in the first place? I don't think you are giving them to chance to become more popular.

I'm trying to write this as evenhandedly as possible so it won't be taken as just an angry rant. But, I'm worried. I think that you may be in danger of losing a decent portion of fans when it may not have to be that way. I think that there are a number of things to be enjoyed about the Dead or Alive series. But, if you are only concerned with promoting and exploiting how sexy the female characters are, anything else good about the series may be obscured. I don't think the sex appeal should be outright removed. But, I don't think that everything should proceed in this exact manner.

We are coming upon the dawn of an even further version of Dead or Alive 5. I hope that you will somewhat consider the ways that you have been handling some of your affairs moving forward. I'm not even sure that I can defend or support this series in any way for much longer and I've been following the series for 16+ years now.

Sincerely,
A Fan

As someone who gets easily offended, I found no hostility in this well-written plea.

This is how a fair protest is done. And I have no problem retweeting this.

EDIT: I made a re-tweeting link:

https://twitter.com/ClayAwesmic/status/514129007919788032

Last edited:

Leifang2000

To Team Ninja--

Sincerely,
A Fan

I just translated another interview which Hayashi mentioned how good the male characters will look on the PS4 version of DOA5LR, go read it here:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/tgs-interviews.4892/page-6#post-215056

Also another one about the male chatacters:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/tgs-interviews.4892/page-6#post-215065

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
There was even a snippet in a recent Game Informer magazine making fun of your current business practices.
Yeah, I actually read that article. Was pretty embarrassing (mostly because it was true).

I just translated another interview which Hayashi mentioned how good the male characters will look on the PS4 version of DOA5LR, go read it here:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/tgs-interviews.4892/page-6#post-215056

Also another one about the male chatacters:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/tgs-interviews.4892/page-6#post-215065
Hardly changes what he's talking about. It's easy to say "They'll look nice." It's another thing to actually make them look nice by giving them half the poly count of the females or 1/8th their costume count.

Also, please stop-double-posting.

David Gregg

1) TGS was bad timing for TN and rather than them just say "Yeah we don't have really anything ready to show you" they highlighted the "soft engine" and breasts instead which seemed to be a valid topic to focus on for them and their Japanese interviewers. Had TGS been 4 months from now it would have been a much better presentation.
2) We haven't gotten male DLC for the last 9 months. If you were expecting to see it you need to change your expectations. As rude as this sounds, TN knows d@mn well that they've been excluding characters that fans want outfits for but they aren't willing to put the resources towards them when they don't sell as well as the girls. The good news is that there is a high chance most/all of the guys are getting a fan outfit which may even be on-disc in LR so be patient.
3) They're not losing fans and if anything this game has become more popular than it ever was. I know this has been said before but us fans on FSD represent the minority. Think about it, why would they continue to go down this overemphasized T&A path if it wasn't selling well? Sure they lose respect from those who focus on the gameplay aspect and are put off by the nonstop fetish DLC but they're making way more $$$ this way which is the real end-goal for any gaming company.

So it's not that I don't agree with you guys (in fact if TN announced 4 more sets of male DLC I would buy every one of them) but it's tiring going through this cycle of people feeling upset that only girls got the DLC and that TN only cares about sex, etc...

Last edited:

Kronin

@David Gregg you said all right things and I know that is impossible that TN is not aware of the problem and that is forced to continue in this way from marketing policies. But then what should we do if not continue to ask for it? In the end it's not, also, through this behavior that the Legacy outfits and the Tengu-Do appeared in the game?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD