DOA5LR The DOA5LR Outfit Request Thread!

Kronin

Team NINJA today liked and answered to the message of Ronnie Hill that I have posted here previously (http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-doa5lr-outfit-request-thread.4858/page-4#post-215018). I'm sure that they had to read it just today, because they have even liked an older post of mine on their FB page.

Here the answer:

We are listening. Now DOA has been diverted worldwide with almost 1.8 million games. There is cultural barrier between the west and the east. Did Yosuke told you the same? Yeah DOA has that element for better or worse. It had it and it will have it maybe because it's DOA. I from my community position should not say this, but I saw many other good, even best part of DOA, which are like slick move of characters, their intensity when they fight. Beyond visibility. We will keep trying to deliver anything good to the west. Thanks for sending this message to us. Again, we are always listening.

https://www.facebook.com/deadoraliv...id=588803691223720&offset=0&total_comments=14

In addition, some days ago the same FB user made even an addendum, overlooked from me, that appear to me pretty interesting too and reflects more his thoughts about the matter:

ADDENDUM:

A few days have passed, and I've been made to realize that perhaps I made this post more about costumes than I had originally intended, and thus obscured the main concern that I currently have. I think that the costumes are just a symptom of the problem perhaps.

I think that the way that the game is marketed currently is flawed. I'm not saying that any and all sex appeal should be stamped out. But, I think that a combination of things like gravure movies, how the photos and videos are set up on the main website, and the dearth of originality in any costumes that do come out are serving to sap any possible personality from the characters in the game in my opinion. The idea of these being iconic characters is weakening. To be blunt, I don't think you're giving the public enough to hold onto in terms of characterization that some random dating game can't provide. You should not have to clarify on a -tournament- flier that your game is not a dating simulator, joke as it was. This added to how the interview went and the pushing of the "soft engine", while I'm sure is useful tech in the long run, it makes it seem like you, Team Ninja, don't have the confidence in any other aspects of the game besides boobs. I could be completely wrong, but I think that the game has more to offer than just that.

For instance, people hardly have the opportunity to purchase anything that's not a boob mousepad, or a fetish costume, or a bikini wall scroll, when it comes to DOA5. You shouldn't be closing off merchandising to just fans of certain characters or the people that like bikinis. I think there is also money to be made elsewhere. I've seen talk (although mostly jokingly) of characters just being outright removed in the future because they are never acknowledged or promoted. DLC kind of ties directly into that, since new releases always have to be marketed. All that people are -allowed- to see is "sexy" and "naughty" things about the female characters. Are you content with that? Is nothing else about the game marketable? Is nothing else about your -characters- marketable? This goes for both your male and female characters.

In a slightly different vein, I feel like asking consumers to pay upwards of $350 (American, perhaps even worse for other territories) for all of the bells and whistles in the game, plus the cost of the actual game and any updates you release, is a little too much to ask. Games nowadays have an issue where your initial purchase never feels complete. Gamers are feeling somewhat cheated. I don't think that road ends well in the long run, though it may seem financially lucrative for the moment. Many games eventually do release a "complete edition" after some time. But, it seems we're not done yet with DOA5. And the value of the purchase seems to be getting lesser and lesser as time goes on.

I think that these are ways in which people are being alienated. But, I don't think it has to be this way while still maintaining mostly everything about the core of the games. The internet is a big place, and there's no guarantee that anyone will read this. But, I want to keep enjoying DOA5. It's just that certain grievances have built up over time and are keeping me from doing so. I'm not liking the way you're doing business, Team Ninja. I will take my business elsewhere if it -must- come down to that. I am insignificant, I know. But, I don't think that I am alone. So, I ask of you to please take what I've said into consideration (if someone reads it at all...).

https://www.facebook.com/deadoraliv...id=587447504692672&offset=0&total_comments=14

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Team NINJA today liked and answered to the message of Ronnie Hill that I have posted here previously (http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-doa5lr-outfit-request-thread.4858/page-4#post-215018). I'm sure that they had to read it just today, because they have even liked an older post of mine on their FB page.

Here the answer:

We are listening. Now DOA has been diverted worldwide with almost 1.8 million games. There is cultural barrier between the west and the east. Did Yosuke told you the same? Yeah DOA has that element for better or worse. It had it and it will have it maybe because it's DOA. I from my community position should not say this, but I saw many other good, even best part of DOA, which are like slick move of characters, their intensity when they fight. Beyond visibility. We will keep trying to deliver anything good to the west. Thanks for sending this message to us. Again, we are always listening.

https://www.facebook.com/deadoraliv...id=588803691223720&offset=0&total_comments=14

In addition, some days ago the same FB user made even an addendum, overlooked from me, that appear to me pretty interesting too and reflects more his thoughts about the matter:

ADDENDUM:

A few days have passed, and I've been made to realize that perhaps I made this post more about costumes than I had originally intended, and thus obscured the main concern that I currently have. I think that the costumes are just a symptom of the problem perhaps.

I think that the way that the game is marketed currently is flawed. I'm not saying that any and all sex appeal should be stamped out. But, I think that a combination of things like gravure movies, how the photos and videos are set up on the main website, and the dearth of originality in any costumes that do come out are serving to sap any possible personality from the characters in the game in my opinion. The idea of these being iconic characters is weakening. To be blunt, I don't think you're giving the public enough to hold onto in terms of characterization that some random dating game can't provide. You should not have to clarify on a -tournament- flier that your game is not a dating simulator, joke as it was. This added to how the interview went and the pushing of the "soft engine", while I'm sure is useful tech in the long run, it makes it seem like you, Team Ninja, don't have the confidence in any other aspects of the game besides boobs. I could be completely wrong, but I think that the game has more to offer than just that.

For instance, people hardly have the opportunity to purchase anything that's not a boob mousepad, or a fetish costume, or a bikini wall scroll, when it comes to DOA5. You shouldn't be closing off merchandising to just fans of certain characters or the people that like bikinis. I think there is also money to be made elsewhere. I've seen talk (although mostly jokingly) of characters just being outright removed in the future because they are never acknowledged or promoted. DLC kind of ties directly into that, since new releases always have to be marketed. All that people are -allowed- to see is "sexy" and "naughty" things about the female characters. Are you content with that? Is nothing else about the game marketable? Is nothing else about your -characters- marketable? This goes for both your male and female characters.

In a slightly different vein, I feel like asking consumers to pay upwards of $350 (American, perhaps even worse for other territories) for all of the bells and whistles in the game, plus the cost of the actual game and any updates you release, is a little too much to ask. Games nowadays have an issue where your initial purchase never feels complete. Gamers are feeling somewhat cheated. I don't think that road ends well in the long run, though it may seem financially lucrative for the moment. Many games eventually do release a "complete edition" after some time. But, it seems we're not done yet with DOA5. And the value of the purchase seems to be getting lesser and lesser as time goes on.

I think that these are ways in which people are being alienated. But, I don't think it has to be this way while still maintaining mostly everything about the core of the games. The internet is a big place, and there's no guarantee that anyone will read this. But, I want to keep enjoying DOA5. It's just that certain grievances have built up over time and are keeping me from doing so. I'm not liking the way you're doing business, Team Ninja. I will take my business elsewhere if it -must- come down to that. I am insignificant, I know. But, I don't think that I am alone. So, I ask of you to please take what I've said into consideration (if someone reads it at all...).

https://www.facebook.com/deadoraliv...id=587447504692672&offset=0&total_comments=14
tumblr_mo2y6f6TDD1rr6bu8o2_400.gif

lotr9690

Here the answer:

ADDENDUM:

Oh my gosh!! That's amazing. I hope that they can provide some more options, and/or make some positive changes. If not in Last Round, then in future installments of the series.

I love DOA. It's just I'm kinda tired of seeing this as paid DLC:

https://38.media.tumblr.com/5ed05bda53101ef073f9b678d324cb75/tumblr_nd8ey5Kt9u1slsxmko1_500.jpg
tumblr_nd8ey5Kt9u1slsxmko1_500.jpg

(I don't even know if this is going to be DLC, or if this is a tumblr joke? Does anyone know? Did people submit these to the contest? If they did... I mean, I'm sure we have more creative fans than this. Christie as a devil/succubus? That's a little on the nose. Isn't it? Why not Christie as a maenad or Helena as Aphrodite from Greek mythology? They're easy to create, and cost-effective too. Not much you need to do for either of them. Slap on a brown/gold/red sheer, layered tunic for Helena and some torn up toga thing for Christie. No more angels and devils please. Especially after this one. Not that I don't love the game and all... but... I think I'm all set for the girls. Let's get some swag for the guy characters. C'mon TN! YOU CAN DEW IT! I beLIEVE in you!
Ok I'm done. Sorry, I'm hyper. And excited! It would be great if they could just throw everything in there. Then I can finally take all that DLC off my hard drive.

Kronin

@lotr9690
The Halloween set is for all the characters with the exclusion of Alpha-152:

At this post you can find all the leaked pictures of the costumes in the pack in a bigger size http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/halloween-dlc-2014.4940/page-33#post-218210

If you are interested, here the list with all the submissions for the Halloween contest: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/doa5u_dc2

Here the top 10 outfits most voted in the contest: http://www.doaworld.com/forums/inde...oa-news/halloween-contest-results-update-r723

Here the outfits that got a special jury awards from different members of Team NINJA: http://www.doaworld.com/forums/inde...lloween-design-contest-team-ninja-awards-r734

Last edited:

lotr9690

@lotr9690
The Halloween set is for all the characters with the exclusion of Alpha-152:

At this post you can find all the leaked pictures of the costumes in the pack in a bigger size http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/halloween-dlc-2014.4940/page-33#post-218210

If you are interested, here the list with all the submissions for the Halloween contest: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/doa5u_dc2

Here the top 10 outfits most voted in the contest: http://www.doaworld.com/forums/inde...oa-news/halloween-contest-results-update-r723

Here the outfits that got a special jury awards from different members of Team NINJA: http://www.doaworld.com/forums/inde...lloween-design-contest-team-ninja-awards-r734

That was incredibly thorough and helpful! Thank you, Kronin! I actually like some of the boys outfits. They gave them something sexy to wear which is nice. Especially Bayman. I might pick that one up. I still think they should change their decisions on the girls. Helena needs more material on her top... and also all the girls need some more material added to their tops. And bottoms. I mean, Mila is freezing, you guys. We need to help her. Quick, someone fetch her Casual DLC!

Mavis

Does anyone know whether these recent costumes will be featured in DOA5 Last Round or only as DLC? Thinking of buying some of them but would rather wait if they're going to be available on disc for Last Round. Just curious.

LittlePrince-Helena

If, for example, you have a 360 and you buy them now, they'll be in the XboxOne version you'll pick! I suppose there will be downloadable as dlc for the new versions too!

Aspect

The costumes look good. I like Phase 4's, Rig's, and Jann Lee's. The worst one is probably Lei Fang's or Zack's maybe. I'm definitely going to buy Momiji's though

Last edited:

Kronin

So if i was to buy some of those for PS3 they will transfer to the PS4 version without me having to buy them again? That's pretty cool! Thanks!

From what TN said us so far, seem that they want indirecty confirm that no DLC outfits for DoA5 Ultimate will be included in the disc of Last Round, this because all the DLC will be crossed over the consoles of the same family.

So the DLC that you can use in the PS3 with DoA5U, will be selectable playing to DoA5LR for PS3 or PS4; of course the same example is valid for the Microsoft consoles X360 and Xone.

Aven Kujo-Gin

I don't have many requests, but I'd still like to see some of these appear:
150px-DOA3_Hayabusa_C3.jpg
150px-DOA3_Hayabusa_C2x.jpg
150px-Doad_hayabusa_c3.png
150px-Doad_hayabusa_c2.png
150px-DOA3_Hayate_C2x.jpg
150px-AyaneDOA3C1.jpg
150px-AyaneDOAUC12.jpg
150px-DOA3D_Render_Ayane_2.jpg
DOA3_Leon_C1.jpg
150px-Doad_leon_c2.png
150px-Leon_0561.jpg
150px-DOA3_Ein_C1.jpg
150px-DOAUEin_cos04.jpg
150px-DOA1_Jann-Lee_C3_Sat.png
150px-DOA4_Jann_C4.jpg
DOA2U_Jann_C1.png
DOA2U_Jann_C6.png
150px-Doad_zack_c1.png
150px-DOAD_Zack_D1.jpg
150px-DOA3_Zack_C2.jpg
Huh. I guess I had more than I thought.
I like your choices, glad to see I'm not the only one who like Leon DOA3 costume :)
Just a side note, we already have the red shirt costume for Leon.

Jadeinchains

Here is some of the outfits I would like to be included.

LisaDOA4C3.jpg

When it comes to Lisa her skin tone being darkened again would be a bonus.
16jn9v.jpg

This could be Lisa's casual vol 3 outfit.

DyByHands

Though its far from a request of mine, I feel based on the number of fan designs that were "belly dancers" we may be seeing some of these in the future.

Jaguar360

I like your choices, glad to see I'm not the only one who like Leon DOA3 costume :)
Just a side note, we already have the red shirt costume for Leon.
Yeah, I always thought it was underrated. Maybe it's because it's the first costume I saw Leon in. My dad was always a Leon fan.
I did forget about the throwback DLC for Leon. Not exactly the same costume since it's based on the one from DOA2 Hardcore, but I actually like it better than the DOAD costume by a small margin so it's all good.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD