The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspect

I'm looking at bullets design...if there's another contest, I'm doing something along these lines, only with pants.

479px-Bullet_%28Concept_Artwork%2C_1%29.png

This, crossed with Nilin and Party Girl.

I'm in favor of butt floss

Kronin

I was just saying It'd be cool, I honestly didn't like any of the Ein submissions... sorry @Kronin

No problem GRUNT, actually I've already realized it very simply from the fact that you said nothing about it ;)

Personally I've to say that I like what I've done for him in this contest much more in comparison of my old design - that needed so bad to be more detailed - but maybe I'm just bad to interpret the tastes of his fandom :p (however knowing of a later Halloween contest, I would have made definitely a casual outfit the previous time...).

UpSideDownGRUNT

No problem GRUNT, actually I've already realized it very simply from the fact that you said nothing about it ;)

Personally I've to say that I like what I've done for him in this contest much more in comparison of my old design - that needed so bad to be more detailed - but maybe I'm just bad to interpret the tastes of his fandom :p (however knowing of a later Halloween contest, I would have made definitely a casual outfit the previous time...).
to be honest with the sword and the armor and everything it just felt like it should have been a Hayate costume not Ein.

Kronin

to be honest with the sword and the armor and everything it just felt like it should have been a Hayate costume not Ein.

I got that feeling me too, but then I realized also how the fans of Ein seem miss in his vestiary outfits more cool as the ones owned by Hayate, so I decided that could be anyway a good idea to give a look more similar to him (even because in DoA5 you have to make something more sexual for feeling it as an outfit of Ein XD)

In the end the idea of the design is pretty western and putting aside the jokes on the sexuality, what should really distinguish the vestiary of Hayate and Ein is - in my mind - just the fact that the first should get overall Eastern outfits while the second the opposite. For me would make perfectly sense to give to Ein the look of a western warrior (and dragons come often from nordic European cycles) with Hayate getting instead something inspired to the Japanese country. But of course just my 2 cents, like I said I understand clearly your opinion =)

PS: However the sword it was used just for the pose: it's not part of the outfit like the design explains.

Last edited:

Argentus

I'm in favor of butt floss
She's the only reason I got the new bb and I love her possiblymore than Makoto. Its a close tie.

But anyways, if there's another costume contest, I'm designing something that would be like a cross between Bullet, Nilin, and Party Girl.

479px-Bullet_%28Concept_Artwork%2C_1%29.png

Nilin_Profile_Render.png

resident_evil_opreration_raccon_city__party_girl_by_ogloc069-d6xhs9x.jpg

Side question.

I know there's a lot of good artists on this site, so....would it be inappropriate to make a "character design" thread in General to show off designs/ask for creative input/ ask art questions, etc?

Like my old blue mila design, I'm assimilating that design into an OC, who is inspired by multiple characters such as Shocker (marvel), Mila (doa) Shriek (DC), Vinyl Scratch (mlp), and Dante (DMC), or another character who takes inspiration from Nilin (remember me), Vice (kof), Voila(SC), Marian(JoJo) and War blade (image) and I'd love feedback on these character concepts. Im one of those people who needs to bounce ideas off people.

Brute

Standard Donor
I know there's a lot of good artists on this site, so....would it be inappropriate to make a "character design" thread in General to show off designs/ask for creative input/ ask art questions, etc?
As long as you're referring to the normal "General Discussion" and not the "General Dead or Alive Discussion" section then you are fine.

Blash

Dunno' if this qualifies as off topic, I take it there was no more DOA5 ps4 version news, but is there an official thread with rumours or speculation? Don't see one!

Brute

Standard Donor
Perhaps if TN plans on doing a "Create a Fighter" contest after the current contest.
I would never do that if I had to surrender my rights to the character.

But if I could retain rights to the character and have her featured as a guest a la Akira, hell-to-the-yes.

Rawbietussin

I would never do that if I had to surrender my rights to the character.

But if I could retain rights to the character and have her featured as a guest a la Akira, hell-to-the-yes.

Unless you happen to be the owner of a gaming company where it would let you put conditions on your character but that's the hardest part about waiving rights, you don't get a say on what you want her to be portrayed as or on how your character is supposed to be dressed up as.

David Gregg

Perhaps if TN plans on doing a "Create a Fighter" contest after the current contest.

It could work I think as long as they kept the requirements for each submission to-the-point otherwise it could get messy:
1) Drawn picture of the character in their C1 (and C2 but that's optional) and his/her/it's name
2) Fighting style name and no more than 2-3 sentences explaining the fighting style
3) The story of the character and why they've joined the tournament and any relationships to current DOA characters (no more than 3-4 sentences)

They could create an online form for entrants to add their pics/info and then upload it.
form.png

As you can tell I've been thinking about this for a while... :oops:

The only problem would be if the submission was typed in a language other than Japanese or English (not sure what the solution for that would be...).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD