The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

dud.dull

Standard Donor
It could work I think as long as they kept the requirements for each submission to-the-point otherwise it could get messy:
1) Drawn picture of the character in their C1 (and C2 but that's optional) and his/her/it's name
2) Fighting style name and no more than 2-3 sentences explaining the fighting style
3) The story of the character and why they've joined the tournament and any relationships to current DOA characters (no more than 3-4 sentences)

They could create an online form for entrants to add their pics/info and then upload it.
View attachment 6549

As you can tell I've been thinking about this for a while... :oops:

The only problem would be if the submission was typed in a language other than Japanese or English (not sure what the solution for that would be...).

Wouldn't they have to also select a small amount of original fighters though, because of the design costs?

David Gregg

Wouldn't they have to also select a small amount of original fighters though, because of the design costs?

Right. They could still have a top 10 for entries to receive prizes but at the end only 1 or 2 characters would actually be created for the game.

dud.dull

Standard Donor
Right. They could still have a top 10 for entries to receive prizes but at the end only 1 or 2 characters would actually be created for the game.
That's kinda sad though. I can see a bunch of entries being handed in :/ I won't be surprised if the actually do have a "Create a fighter" contest though. There's been "Create a move" and "Team Ninja Designers/Designers Halloween" contests so I would be stoked, but not surprise :p Let's hope for the best though.

David Gregg

That's kinda sad though. I can see a bunch of entries being handed in :/ I won't be surprised if the actually do have a "Create a fighter" contest though.

It would be extremely difficult to win but like you said creating a character isn't cheap (but could you imagine seeing the character that you've created become a legit fighter in the DOA franchise?). I think it would be awesome. We've already seen what the community can do with outfits alone imagine what the fighters could look like. ;)

They could have a top 10 from votes win prizes. 3-5 staff favorites also win prizes (except these are the ones that the staff would actually include in the game) and then have another poll from the community to see which 1-2 characters out of those 3-5 should be included in the game.

Jadeinchains

I was checking Nyo Tengu's wikia page and it said the developers are aware the western fans are not pleased with her name.

so do you think she might have a real name when shes released in the west?!

Rawbietussin

It could work I think as long as they kept the requirements for each submission to-the-point otherwise it could get messy:
1) Drawn picture of the character in their C1 (and C2 but that's optional) and his/her/it's name
2) Fighting style name and no more than 2-3 sentences explaining the fighting style
3) The story of the character and why they've joined the tournament and any relationships to current DOA characters (no more than 3-4 sentences)

They could create an online form for entrants to add their pics/info and then upload it.
View attachment 6549

As you can tell I've been thinking about this for a while... :oops:

The only problem would be if the submission was typed in a language other than Japanese or English (not sure what the solution for that would be...).

This is not only going to test drawing skills but also writing skills (and I write more than just 3-4 sentences. @_@;;; )

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
That is her real name. lol She even states it in one of her winposes. XD Idk maybe Lady Tengu or Neotengu.

Nyotengu supposedly means "female tengu." She never says that's her name. In her win quote, she says "warawa koso miyama no nyotengu", which according to werewolfgold means "I truly am the female tengu of the mountain deep."

That doesn't confirm that her name is Nyotengu, it confirms that she is a nyotengu.

David Gregg

She's like the winged characters from Tekken: True Ogre, Devil, Angel. They're too cool for names. :cool:

badass.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD