The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManekiNeko

I dont know why you make this or tell us that but okay If I am getting ignored then fine, Everyone share his or her thoughts and opinions which I really find interesting. I respect everyone opinions or thoughts and I dont call them dumbasses because of I dont like their post or opinions.

BTW: I never Ignore people because I am someone who settle every single problems and even If I don't like this person or doesn't agree with him. If I make a mistake I always apologize for it.

You are like the disliker on youtube. Bahh I hate this video cause it doesnt fit my opinions instead of saying why do you hate this.

I have to give you lots of props for that. The FGC in general needs more people like you, although I'm afraid there are too many Street Fighter clones out there. Seriously, if the tournament players want to turn DoA into Street Fighter, just fucking play Street Fighter.

I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

Blazeincarnated

I dont know why you make this or tell us that but okay If I am getting ignored then fine, Everyone share his or her thoughts and opinions which I really find interesting. I respect everyone opinions or thoughts and I dont call them dumbasses because of I dont like their post or opinions.

BTW: I never Ignore people because I am someone who settle every single problems and even If I dont like this person or doesnt agree with him. If I make a mistake I always apologize for it.

You are like the disliker on youtube. Bahh I hate this video cause it doesnt fit my opinions instead of saying why do you hate this.

Have a nice day.

Sana

:hayabusa:
You don't know how I act on the internet. I don't even dislike people's videos at all really. If I don't like your stuff I simply don't watch it. Simple.To dislike it is just being a jackass. I tell you up front who opinions I dislike I don't hold my tongue to people. And plus, none of what I said wasn't even about you....LOL

Nameless Sama

I have to give you lots of props for that. The FGC in general needs more people like you, although I'm afraid there are too many Street Fighter clones out there. Seriously, if the tournament players want to turn DoA into Street Fighter, just fucking play Street Fighter.

Thanks sir is just my personalty. I always say what I am thinking and I always say the truth. Ah I am very sympathetic/compassionate xD too you know.

You don't know how I act on the internet. I don't even dislike people's videos at all really. If I don't like your stuff I simply don't watch it. Simple.To dislike it is just being a jackass. I tell you up front who opinions I dislike I don't hold my tongue to people. And plus, none of what I said wasn't even about you....LOL

This was just an example but calling people dumbasses isnt cool you know.

ManekiNeko

Thanks sir is just my personalty. I always say what I am thinking and I always say the truth. Ah I am very sympathetic/compassionate xD too you know.

You're going to go far in this world, although maybe not so much among the tournament players...

This was just an example but calling people dumbasses isnt cool you know.

*laughs*
hDF40D09B

Awesmic

Standard Donor

How is DOA turning into Street Fighter? The games are too vastly different, even now. I'll even list the differences.

1A) Street Fighter was, and always has been a staple 2D fighter which utilizes a single-plane environment and utilizing attack buttons of 3 different strengths using punches and kicks.

1B) Dead or Alive has, and always has been a staple 3D fighter which utilizes a 3D environment with dangerzones and interactive environments, using a single punch button, a single kick button, and a defend/hold button, much like the scheme of Virtua Fighter.

2A) In Street Fighter, combos are executed by linking normal attacks with special moves, super combos, in a variety of ways, such as jump-ins, cross-ups, etc. What's more, jumping is a useful tool, as projectiles in a single-plane environment aid in controlling space between you and the opponent.

2B) In Dead or Alive, the mindset of using combos are utilizing set strings that can be delayed, and combining them in order to set up a successful juggle or a throw mixup. If the opponent whiffs a hold during a stun, the opponent deals more damage. As of DOA5, jumping is limited to down attacks, as projectiles are rarely seen in the series as a consistent gameplay element, save for DOA 3 (Genra as a boss) and Dimensions (Genra and Hayabusa).

If anything, tournament players want DOA to have solid mechanics that are closer to Virtua Fighter (the game that inspired DOA to begin with) than they do Street Fighter.

Last edited:

Edmund

Calm down guys. You're all entitled to your opinions. Just be kinder to each other ok?

Here's a good song to chill everyone down.

ManekiNeko

aesthetic differences

All the differences you've mentioned are pretty much aesthetic. The formats are essentially the same.

Street Fighter is about as sexy as a tax audit. Taking away the sex appeal of DoA will turn it into the same basic template as Street Fighter. Have you ever watched someone play Street Fighter? Honestly? It's about as boring as watching flies fuck. -- Think about this: go to a stage and beat someone up by mashing a bunch of buttons two out of three times, and then -- go to the next stage! and then -- beat them up again!! I say be lucky you didn't have the police called on your character for battery, asshole. Go on home, you're a winner! No, no chance of the winner going home. Girl Repellant with way too much AXE cologne is going to wait for someone else who thinks they're better and play a game for 30 seconds to decide who's better at mashing buttons!

Speaking of which, isn't one of the complaints about this new game that they didn't want the VF characters in their game? Aren't you people always complaining about Sarah, Jacky, Pai and Akira making an appearance?

Oh, let's not forget one other thing, and this is important. Dead or Alive already made the decision to differentiate. They were told by the production company in America to essentially castrate the game by making the girls much less sexualized (as in the DoA 5 demo found in NG3), and the fans wrote in and complained in such large numbers that they brought back the big boobs and boob physics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD