The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

People, remember to post the gifs in the apposite thread:
http://freestepdodge.com/threads/the-dead-or-alive-meme-gif-thread.4185/
Phase 4 doesn't seem to be particularly talkative. Can't say I mind.

Well, this was completely expected from me (just like her feeling pity for the opponent) ^^

EDIT:
From the ending cutscene of DoA5 and her profile, this is exactly what I was expecting from Phase-4.

She is a depressed character, forced to fight and kill but actually not feeling fun from it (contrarily to the original Kasumi Alpha), or a sort of istinctive pleasure to destroy (like Alpha-152). Her feeling pity/regretting her actions/not enjoy to fight, is something in line with her character, a sort of perfect mix between the over gentle Kasumi pre-DoA5 (the Fake Kasumi had exactly her old personality) and the determined current Kasumi.

But of course I'm waiting to know also what she say in her endings before to give final judgements ;) (In addition I don't exclude that in the definitive arcade release she could end to get special intro/victory poses against Alpha-152 or Kasumi)

Last edited:

Juihau

People, remember to post the gifs in the apposite thread:
http://freestepdodge.com/threads/the-dead-or-alive-meme-gif-thread.4185/
Well, this was completely expected from me (just like her feeling pity for the opponent) ^^

EDIT:
From the ending cutscene of DoA5 and her profile, this is exactly what I was expecting from Phase-4.

She is a depressed character, forced to fight and kill but actually not feeling fun from it (contrarily to the original Kasumi Alpha), or a sort if istinctive pleasure to destroy (like Alpha-152). Her feeling pity/ regretting her actions/not enjoy to fight, is something in line with her character, a sort of perfect mix between the over gentle Kasumi pre-DoA5 (the Fake Kasumi had exactly her old personality) and the determined current Kasumi.

But of course I'm waiting to know also what she say in her endings before to give final judgements ;) (In addition I don't exclude that in the definitive arcade release she could end to get special intro/victory poses with Alpha-152 or Kasumi)
I was just referring to the fact that, if I'm not mistaken, she's the only character besides Alpha to have an intro in which she doesn't say anything. It's just a nice change of pace, a character (capable of speech, that is) that doesn't shout WE FIGHT or PREPARE YOURSELF or what have you at the start of every match.

David Gregg

I don't know...I understand that she's meant to be quiet and sad b/c she doesn't really want to do this but I prefer Kasumi Alpha's personality. She acted like a twisted little girl who called Donovan her "daddy" and who had an (even bigger) obsession with her brother ("Hayate is all mine!").

Not to mention that freaky laugh

Edit: Okay I think this is her theme although I couldn't tell b/c of sound quality (it might be the sky city tokyo bgm). Anyone with exceptional hearing skills who can tell me if this is Alpha's? lol

Last edited:

Kronin

A big UPDATE people, directly from my network of secret informers scattered around every corner of the globe... well not exactly XD, again a time just the help of my online twitter friend Ahmed (https://twitter.com/wody_123), his knowledge of the Japanese and love for DoA :)

Here the lines of Phase-4 translated by Ahmed (I suppose that he numbered them on the basis of her appearence in the video):

Intro 1: Mute

Intro 2: " I have no choice but to fight ! " (already stated by Kasumi in DoA:D and other past games).

Victory 1: " I have no time to spare.. Goodbye " (already stated by Kasumi in DoA2)

Victory 2 " Fighting... is it my reason to live?"

Victory 3 " Don't interfere "

I find them pretty nice because again it's showned the dualism of the character: Intro2 and Victory2 show her insecurity in fighting (she explicitely question it), while Victory 1 and 3 appear rough and hostile but in direct opposition with her facial expressions (that instead seem to feel pity for the opponent or regret for what done).

Last edited:

gnooz

Edit: Okay I think this is her theme although I couldn't tell b/c of sound quality (it might be the sky city tokyo bgm). Anyone with exceptional hearing skills who can tell me if this is Alpha's? lol

I can't hear any music I just heard Ayane's scream :) Default sound settings is retarded my settings is 50 voice, 45 sound effects and 100 music this is my sweet spot...

David Gregg

Yeah it's very difficult to make out. If it is what I think I'm hearing it sounds very nice (and sad). But who knows what I'm hearing. >_<

And now confirmed 6 outfits. The new one is just her white cloak C2 w/o the cloak (like how the red one is a cloakless C1):

ph4se.png

Kronin

Yeah it's very difficult to make out. If it is what I think I'm hearing it sounds very nice (and sad). But who knows what I'm hearing. >_<

And now confirmed 6 outfits. The new one is just her white cloak C2 w/o the cloak (like how the red one is a cloakless C1):

View attachment 4899

Nice eye, I didn't notice that it was a different outfit. But it's a shame that the only thing different is just the color of the trousers, at this point I would have preffered if also what appear to be a ripped cape could be white like her "Ezio Auditore" outfit (aka C2 XD)

Last edited:

Aspect

View attachment 4899

Still love the cloaked costumes the best, still torn between whether the black or white looks better. The cloakless ones are awesome as well. I like the no frills ninja esque stealth suit, no kunai knives and what not.

I wish there were higher res cloaked phase 4 pictures out so I could use em as a desktop/ps3 wallpaper

Kronin

I wish there were higher res cloaked phase 4 pictures out so I could use em as a desktop/ps3 wallpaper

Not sure if you know it, but in the render thread the one of Phase-4 (so cloaked) is available in very high res.

i mean from her DOA 2 introduction in Kasumi's story mode... that's her laughing, isn't it?

I answered in that way just because they are 2 different characters ;)

The clone from DoA2 is "Kasumi Alpha" while the clone from DoA5U is a more advanced one called "Kasumi Alpha Phase-4" (actually is a prototype of the Phase-4)

The original Kasumi Alpha from DoA2 presented a crazy personality with her laughing scene. Her role was later reprised and higly developed in the plot of DoA Dimension, a retelling of the story from DoA1 to DoA4: there Kasumi Alpha show a childish and slighty sadistic personality and, according to the new canon setted by Dimensions, Kasumi Apha ended to be mutated by DOATEC in Alpha-152. If you look the videos of the DoA:D story (posted in the media section) you will know more about her.

In DoA5U TN given to Phase-4 the outfits of the old Alpha just like a sort of tribute (and maybe because highly requested by the fans).

Last edited:

Aspect

Not sure if you know it, but on the render thread the one of Phase-4 (so cloaked) is available in very high res.

I give that answer just because they are 2 different characters ;)

The clone from DoA2 is "Kasumi Alpha" while the clone from DoA5U is a more advanced one called "Kasumi Alpha Phase-4"" (actually is a prototype of the Phase-4)

The original Kasumi Alpha from DoA2 presented a psyco personality woth her laughing scene. Her role was after reprised and higly developed in the plot of DoA Dimensione, a retelling of the story from DoA1 to DoA4: there Kasumi Alpha show a childish and slighty sadistic psonality. According to the new canon setted by Dimensions, Kasumi Apha ended to be mutated by DOATEC in Alpha-152. If you see the videos of the DoA:D story (posted on the media section) you will know more about her.

In DoA5U TN given to Phase-4 the outfits of the old Alpha just like a sort of tribute (and maybe because highly requested by the fans).

Ah I found it. Many thanks.

Nameless Sama

I want to hear her Theme too but I think it isnst so dramtic music like alphas. #boss music plays in the background#
They can make a remake from a ost dunno or they make completly a new one which would be very nice.
It doent fit her a boss theme to a nice and friendly character. Anyway I give the boss ost ( where fight you fight with kasumi against alpha in the story mode for the last time) to Sarah. You know maybe ...... why dont you XP
I am really glad to see her black and red ninja suit. Its like my childhold outfit are coming back T-T.

I really wanted VF music in DOA5U :L Its a pitty but ok ...... (no is not)

Ayane's response to P4's modified Alpha C1:

View attachment 4902

Yeah xD but ayane doesnt waer a scarf xP :p :p :p AND IT DOESNT look so beautyful on Ayane :p :p :p

Tag Animations ...... :hayabusa::kasumi-alpha: Tag animations :hayabusa::kasumi-alpha: hmmmm

Hoya Destroyer

View attachment 4899
1 and 5 are the best of the current outfits, based on the pic you posted.
Some people here seem every excited about the TN costume design comp. Event though I've already posted what I want to see both Phase 4 and Kasumi wear, in the Costume thread, Im hoping there are some good suggestions for them coming up, from the DoA fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD