The Nier: Automata Thread

Argentus

just played this myself. Awesome combos. Accidentally did one move I couldn't figure out how to replicate, charging with the drone for a launch attack.

i do like the switch between metal gear rising and 2d bullet hell though.

That said it does bug me that the game will not let me center the camera on the character to look at her. Not even for pervy reasons but she looks cool and I am trying to zoom in on her face but the camera swings off to keep her off to the side.

UpSideDownGRUNT

i love when a game has a viewable model gallery. Hope the full game has one.
There is one for the enemies, idk if 2B, 9S and A2 will be in there though.

Besides have you tried aiming at her with camera at a wall?

If P+ made it so you can look up her skirt before 2B resets it you'll probably be able to trick it to see her face close up.

David Gregg

A clip from the Taipei Game Show:
Around 1:55 you can see the amusement park map in the distance.

Gematsu provides info on some of the new locations like the park and talks about animal riding (boar drifting?!) and the jukebox that lets you actually customize in game soundtracks. Some pics:
NieR-Automata_Fami-shot_01-24-17_003.jpg

NieR-Automata_Fami-shot_01-24-17_004.jpg

NieR-Automata_Fami-shot_01-24-17_009.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/nier-aut...d-city-unarmed-motions-mounts-fishing-jukebox

Groovy baby! :D

Argentus

Although I will say the demo felt.....I dunno most of Platinum's other games are super basic (TMNT, Transformers, Korra, etc) but this game seems like its trying too hard to recreate Metal Gear Rising, right down to the main girl's design similarities to Raiden

David Gregg

Although I will say the demo felt.....I dunno most of Platinum's other games are super basic (TMNT, Transformers, Korra, etc) but this game seems like its trying too hard to recreate Metal Gear Rising, right down to the main girl's design similarities to Raiden

Eh...yeah she does sort of look like the love child of Raiden and Bayonetta but Platinum always makes at least one of their characters have white hair so it's not that surprising. The blindfold though yeah that definitely seems ripped off of MGR.

I think that Platinum does the white hair thing because of Dante from DMC (one of the developers made DMC).

Even the (now cancelled) Scalebound MC looks like a white haired version of young Dante
latest

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Eh...yeah she does sort of look like the love child of Raiden and Bayonetta but Platinum always makes at least one of their characters have white hair so it's not that surprising. The blindfold though yeah that definitely seems ripped off of MGR.

I think that Platinum does the white hair thing because of Dante from DMC (one of the developers made DMC).

Even the (now cancelled) Scalebound MC looks like a white haired version of young Dante
latest

Yeah, @David Gregg is correct. I was going to mention to Argentus that PlatinumGames was also the same team that was once under Capcom via Clover Studios to develop DMC1, Viewtiful Joe, and then Bayonetta when the team left. In actuality, Metal Gear Rising derived from DMC's concept into it's own style but DMC pretty much started it all.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Wonder Blue was also just Dante in Wonderful 101(also by Kamiya, I think its safe to say he misses DMC lol)

NieR: Automata is being developed by the team thst did MGR though, and the head gameplay director of that game is the gameplay director of Automata so it makes ALOT of sense to have similarities to MGR and Bayonetta.

The design being a "rip off" of Raiden is questionable though since Raiden had the one eye blindfold and everything before it switched development over to Platinum. Though, 2B didn't have a blindfold in the reveal trailer

David Gregg

Actually, Popola and Devola are not there, someone explained to me that the names were different, so i imagine they are androids of the same model, but not the same characters.

You are right (at least about them being different androids. Their names are still listed as Devola and Popola though) I should've been more clear. The originals were killed in Nier.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
God damn...I just got charged $200 for the black box.

I don't even remember purchasing it....this is what you get when you have your wallet with you drunk lmao

Hopefully this game is worth $200...demo was alright.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD