The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

CFW

I absolutely hated Jean, I don't see how people can use him so easily and call him a beginner character. :(

I miss this game, I wish I didn't sell my PS3.

Lulu

I'm surprised you're not making an issue over her dual stance style...

Jean and Goh are probably the best characters for getting used to VF. If you play Jacky in DOA, then you'll probably favor Jean. Don't assume too much, though. I started with Vanessa, then went through Jacky, Sarah, Jean, and Goh before I settled on maining Pai and seconding Goh.

LoL.... the only pain in my side when it comes to stances is..... whats his face..... ah yes Lei-Fei. LoL... and i thought Brad was complex.

Both Vanessa and Dural are Fine by me....... :) lol I love that Interceptor Stance !!! Its so bad ass !!!

Lulu

I absolutely hated Jean, I don't see how people can use him so easily and call him a beginner character. :(

I miss this game, I wish I didn't sell my PS3.

LoL.... he is mostly easy but he's got that one thing thats just a huge pain in the ass to do..... just like every other character.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I just stick with Lion, who is absolutely top tier and I am unapologetic about his top tier status. His cocky, bratty, rich boy attitude is why I love him. If Lion was in DOA, I definitely would be using him. I also use Shun Di and Aoi as my secondary and tertiary respectively. The game is pretty dead on PS3, unless you ask people to play with you in lobbies. Sad, because I actually enjoy VF5 Final Showdown and even bought the DLC for it during the flash sale earlier in the year.

Lulu

I just stick with Lion, who is absolutely top tier and I am unapologetic about his top tier status. His cocky, bratty, rich boy attitude is why I love him. If Lion was in DOA, I definitely would be using him. I also use Shun Di and Aoi as my secondary and tertiary respectively. The game is pretty dead on PS3, unless you ask people to play with you in lobbies. Sad, because I actually enjoy VF5 Final Showdown and even bought the DLC for it during the flash sale earlier in the year.

LoL... I don't play any game online.... or more accurately I can't play any game online.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Lion > Christie
Aoi > Momiji
*casually waits to get shot*

Lulu

All right I just did the command Training for all the characters except for Akira and Kagemaru (seriously... those two can go f#$@ themselves) and I have list of viable characters for my execution level:
Vanessa Lewis (Easiest)
Shun Di
El Blaze
Sarah Bryant
And Jacky Bryant (Least Easiest Threshold)

Its a shame because I wanted to play Eileen and... whats his Face...... Goh Hinogami.

Lion and Lau would have made the list easy if I didn't dislike them so much......

I'm on the fence about Dural...

Xernuht

All right I just did the command Training for all the characters except for Akira and Kagemaru (seriously... those two can go f#$@ themselves) and I have list of viable characters for my execution level:
Vanessa Lewis (Easiest)
Shun Di
El Blaze
Sarah Bryant
And Jacky Bryant (Least Easiest Threshold)

Its a shame because I wanted to play Eileen and... whats his Face...... Goh Hinogami.

Lion and Lau would have made the list easy if I didn't dislike them so much......

I'm on the fence about Dural...

As far as Goh goes, don't worry about Basara. He gets his good damage elsewhere. Mostly just get used to launch > P/2P > 46P+KP6P.

Eileen/Lei-fei are easily the most complex characters.

Shun Di is a bit annoying because you have to figure out when to drink.

Vanessa seems easy, but figuring out how to use both Offensive and Defensive effectively in a fight is the key to getting good with her.

Jean is simple because he can get by without his charges and Guard Break of Doom, but they do add an extra layer of complexity.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Lion and Cristie i get but Aoi and Momiji don't even use the same style. :eek:
Actually, despite it not appearing the same, Aoi and Momiji share the Aikijustu martial art. Aoi's is more true to the original form, because Aikijustu is more about using the opponent's strengths against them. That's why in VF, Aoi can counter and parry pretty much any move in the game. Momiji combines Aikijustu principals with her Hayabusa ninja style of fighting.

Lulu

Hmmm... I don't like to use a character who I can't execute all their moves regardless of how useless they are. Its a big deal to me.

Actually, despite it not appearing the same, Aoi and Momiji share the Aikijustu martial art. Aoi's is more true to the original form, because Aikijustu is more about using the opponent's strengths against them. That's why in VF, Aoi can counter and parry pretty much any move in the game. Momiji combines Aikijustu principals with her Hayabusa ninja style of fighting.

Hmmmmm good point but they do play differently..... but thats not saying much because even Jacky DoA and Jacky VF play differently....

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor

She uses Akido as much as Honoka uses Systema

Lulu

LoL....

Great News.... thanks to alil Button Switching I just found a way to make Eileen Viable for me....

And with that I think I'm settled as far as characters are concerned......
Eileen (my secondary)
El Blaze
Vanessa (my primary)
And Shun Di (whom I wont be using for now)

Two Dudes and Two Chicks. ;)

Lulu

I hope they are more considerate torwards Console Players.... game's controls can be a nightmare sometimes.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
LoL....

Great News.... thanks to alil Button Switching I just found a way to make Eileen Viable for me....
That's why I adjusted the controls to match DOA's (although they're not much different) lol

oh in case none of yall heard this before

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/0...-from-atlus-aim-to-regain-trust-from-players/

looks like VF6 might not be such a fools dream afterall. god i hope they take this new attitude and port Valkryria Chroanicles 3 as well.
kEreCbeHk5Oak.gif

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hmmm... I don't like to use a character who I can't execute all their moves regardless of how useless they are. Its a big deal to me.

That is a "personal" problem because you will not use every single move within a match.

Also regarding VF6, I read Sega tweets that if Shenmue 3 sells well (Which it will sell well, hopefully.) VF6 will have a possibility and likelyhood to strike the arcades first and then a year after for consoles if demand is there and Shenmue previous support. Truthfully, even without Shenmue support, I still believe they'll make it as well as storyboard concepts, so you may actually see VF get a story.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD