The Overwatch Thread

Juihau

fake accents
Kinda funny, considering a decent portion of the English voice cast are of the same ethnicity as the character they play, or can speak the same language. Zarya's actress, Dolya Gavanski, speaks Russian, for example. Genji's actor, Gaku Space, was born in Tokyo and is a native Japanese speaker. D.Va's, Charlet Chung, is half-Korean, half-Japanese and speaks both languages fluently.

Sure, the accents are exaggerated, but that doesn't make them fake.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
After the poor showing of E3 I expect I will be playing a lot more of this. Add vgmkyle if you want to play Overwatch with me.

SpellBound

So lately I have been trying to at Symetra but I feel like she does poorly and rarely has a situation where she can benefit

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So lately I have been trying to at Symetra but I feel like she does poorly and rarely has a situation where she can benefit

Fighting against her I have trouble landing a hit (Due to her small frame) and running out of her close range gun range (Due to her speed). Typically she does well laying her sentries in one spot to cast a lot of damage at choke points or small corridor rooms to protect the Teleporter.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Why aren't more people appreciative of Zarya... Those shields are stright mind games.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I feel the same about Ana's Nano Boost. Nobody seems to want to go balls to the walls when I apply one to somebody.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
I feel the same about Ana's Nano Boost. Nobody seems to want to go balls to the walls when I apply one to somebody.
Honestly I can't stand that old biddy. When she's on my team they rather get headshots and use the vile for themselves. When she's on opposite teams it's the same.

They use her as a sniper first and don't know she has no headshot bonus. But refuse to use widow, can't wait til the hype dies down over her. Heal your tanks folks they see more shit than you do from your ledge.

I've had 1 Ana support the whole time but I think it's actually because I was blocking their shots.

P.S. Mei can die in a fire, cute butt though.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I heard they were adding new stuff and rules to the game. Issues about players picking the same character (Like a full team of Widowmaker) and then losing in the process.

Brute

Standard Donor
I heard they were adding new stuff and rules to the game. Issues about players picking the same character (Like a full team of Widowmaker) and then losing in the process.
Competitive mode no longer allows duplicates of the same hero on the same team (adios, six Torbjorn Hanamura Defenders). Quick Play is unchanged, I believe. Attackers also have less time to secure drops on match start (one minute less, IIRC).

That was one of the good changes that came with the patch. Other points were not as welcome, IMO.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Oh that reminds me guys, I got the game too so I may see some of you online. Can't play now because my hotspot is pretty limited and those 6GB updates are way too big atm for me to download with wifi to spare. Symmetra and Widowmaker I definitely will use when I can play

Brute

Standard Donor
Oh that reminds me guys, I got the game too so I may see some of you online. Can't play now because my hotspot is pretty limited and those 6GB updates are way too big atm for me to download with wifi to spare. Symmetra and Widowmaker I definitely will use when I can play
Just hope I'm on the other team if you do. I suck.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Just hope I'm on the other team if you do. I suck.
I'll probably be bad too when I first play it, I haven't played the beta nor have I even watched any game play besides the trailer XD. I'll probably be good at being the defense, I prefer to stay in the shadows and assist somewhere from a distance. If not that, I can probably do well as a tank, the idea of being able to take lots of damage and be a heavy hitter intrigues me. :-D

Argentus

Finally got a chance to try this game.

Mei and Junkrat can go fuck themselves. Everyone else is fine-ish.
Mei's walls can be annoying, but whats the issue with junkrat?

I know the dwarf and bastion piss everyone off due to freaking turrets.

gonna be trying to get it myself soon. Hopefully used for price drop.

the whole "everyone can be the same character" and "change characters on the fly" throws all balance completely out the window in the first place.

Competitive mode no longer allows duplicates of the same hero on the same team (adios, six Torbjorn Hanamura Defenders).

Thank god.

Anyways I know I'm mostly gonna be Tracer, maybe Mei and I'll give Zarya another chance (Hate her gameplay but love her design) when I get it. Didn't like anyone else back when I played beta and tried most of the cast.

Brute

Standard Donor
Mei's walls can be annoying, but whats the issue with junkrat?
Peppering you from a completely safe location with high-damage, unpredictable, braindead pressure is often indefensible. Yes, he can be countered, but most team structures don't permit that, and it's irritating having to pick my character every round specifically to counter Junkrat, because there's always some fuckstick playing Junkrat every round.

Argentus

Peppering you from a completely safe location with high-damage, unpredictable, braindead pressure is often indefensible. Yes, he can be countered, but most team structures don't permit that, and it's irritating having to pick my character every round specifically to counter Junkrat, because there's always some fuckstick playing Junkrat every round.
huh.

I haven't played since beta and nobody used him back then

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD