The Overwatch Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
So buff for mercy, nerfs for Genji, Zenyatta and Lucio?

If only Team Ninja was this reasonable with patches.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Well, that projectile change they said they did for Hanzo, was actually a global change (I tested it when they did it). As they suggest in here, they are reverting that global change.

But yes, they also increased Hanzo's movement speed while drawing the bow, and made it so his arrow shoots faster.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Well, that projectile change they said they did for Hanzo, was actually a global change (I tested it when they did it). As they suggest in here, they are reverting that global change.

But yes, they also increased Hanzo's movement speed while drawing the bow, and made it so his arrow shoots faster.
I except to see more of him perched above the objective slinging arrows at nothing. And then attempting play of the game with his ult. Which will charge an enemy Zarya.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The new Bastion short is so beautiful and heartwarming. :)

Wished the game had a solid single player. I'd buy it in a heartbeat, even though I'm not really into shooters.

Additionally the new German map "Eichenwalde" (Oak Forest) will be released soon, that you can see at one point in the Bastion short:

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Wish they did more with the Reindhart soldiers. Bastion's segments were okay, but certainly didn't need seven minutes to get the point across.

Definitely the weakest of Overwatch's movies (IMO), which have a record of being pretty damn good.

d3v

Buffs to help Hanzo make sense considering he's currently in F-tier (overnerfed or unused) in the current "offensive death ball" meta. Also, Genji nerfs should help move defense characters (agsin, all F-tier) up a bit as well.

Argentus

So I got to play again while its free.

Same as before I love everything except the actual gameplay, which is so mindless I half fall asleep. Its just so BORING. Then again I don't have any friends to play it with and that makes all the difference

Though I noticed something. Everyone says Mei is thick but....no she's not. She's wearing heavily insulated thick arctic wear. She herself looks average to skinny judging by her neck.

Juihau

She very likely has a thicker build than the other ladies in the cast. This much is evidenced both by her legs, as her tights are rather obviously not heavily insulated, and her concept art, which is (as far as I know), the only piece of official artwork so far that depicts her without her coat.

This+is+official+concept+art+for+mei+t+_9f621c93c1016dcf843548f1d6f4e7d8.jpg

Brute

Standard Donor
As a Mercy main, I'm overall quite happy with the latest patch.

That said, Mei can still burn in hell.

Argentus

I did however give zarya another chance and while I still wish she was a heavy hitter, I'm enjoying her.

I feel like her grenades should do more and shields should last longer than like one second though

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
How to use Zarya: Get smacked by opposing team. When smacked by opposing team use shield. When use shield power up. When power up deal damage. Aggressive tanking is how you play her and bring the best out of her gameplay. Below 50% power she's not all that great except as an annoyance.

Argentus

How to use Zarya: Get smacked by opposing team. When smacked by opposing team use shield. When use shield power up. When power up deal damage. Aggressive tanking is how you play her and bring the best out of her gameplay. Below 50% power she's not all that great except as an annoyance.

I understand that much its just hard to get a handle on because the shield only lasts a split second and I can't tell if its up or down on zarya herself in first person

Also why the fuck aren't there more skins by now?! That's the only thing to work towards in this game and there's barely any more than there were in the beta.

Juihau

...I'd guess skins probably just aren't too high on their priority list, considering the other content they've added.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD