The Persona/Shin Megami Tensei Game Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Today's the day! I'll hopefully be getting the game after school today, I'm so excited and can't wait to grind it all night

KnacKrover

I've been played for couple days ago. Now I am in 3rd palace and still stealing a treasure, blah blah blah blah .......

Now I totally LOVES soundtrack of this game > < as I think of cover version of who would be.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!! MY HEART WAS STOLEN
C8my96rXUAEjTs0.jpg:orig

So excited....LETZZZZ DOOOOOO DISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
T

Nice bonus for controller skin :)
Idk if I'll use it tho, I'll probably set it aside for now. I can't wait to play the game later today, the soundtrack and voice acting is amazing....and lemme just say, if Cassandra Lee used her Morgana voice for Leifang, that would be much better voice direction for her, she sounds like a cute tomboy in P5

Also named my character Keishi Kouhei

KnacKrover

Idk if I'll use it tho, I'll probably set it aside for now. I can't wait to play the game later today, the soundtrack and voice acting is amazing....and lemme just say, if Cassandra Lee used her Morgana voice for Leifang, that would be much better voice direction for her, she sounds like a cute tomboy in P5

Also named my character Keishi Kouhei

That's the Atlus Standard for voice acting, never let us down :) yay! As for Morgana's voice, I found a part that it's makes me hilarious when she finshed all enemies when All-out-attacks and she said "Game over" #smirk as I added "bitch!" xD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Battles are surprisingly quicker in this game compared to the other Persona games. Odd difficulty even in Normal.

I'm hoping I can run the game as 3 characters instead of 4 so that EXP grinding isn't too nuts, however doesn't seem like you could. Already beat

Kamoshida

KnacKrover

Battles are surprisingly quicker in this game compared to the other Persona games. Odd difficulty even in Normal.

I'm hoping I can run the game as 3 characters instead of 4 so that EXP grinding isn't too nuts, however doesn't seem like you could. Already beat Kamoshida.

Based on my experienced from I was played Persona 3 portable. I was very new to the series so I playthrough on easy mode as I try to gain level higher that I could against a tough boss.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I love the castle...its dark and almost like a dragon quest dungeon. The whispers get annoying at the school tho, everyone always talking about Kouhei-kun...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So for the FYI, this is why you can't stream/videos/screenshots P5. This applies to other games such as the Tales series and so on. This is a company approach (it was them and the devs) not Sony.

http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/
I was upset about that but then I remembered you can just ss from your phone

20170404_220336.jpg

20170404_225028.jpg

And the VA for Ms. Kawakami noticed me on Twitter, she liked my tweet about her acting so I kinda felt a little good inside...love Michelle Ruff's voice. The VA for Marie Rose also voices Anne's friend too

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Persona 5 is starting to become even more hilarious. They are making references to Twitch, Twitter, Youtube, and forums.

Mishima: Or are you more into streaming? I will gladly subscribe to your channel!

Civilian: I just checked Mako-san's tweet about it, so many retweets!

Civilian: I'm subscribed and watch all his videos there! I love his reaction videos.

Civilian: I've seen the forums of the thieves site. The online chat is cancer but the threads are cool!

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Haven't gotten very far in the game yet myself, but I already stumbled upon a Persona 4 reference. You guys probably saw it too. In one of the train stations there are a series of posters that change between an ad for something called "Sapphire", which is accompanied by a picture of Rise Kujikawa and an ad for Kanami Mashita's new single (Kanami was the younger idol that was frequently mentioned in Rise's Social Link in P4 and she later appeared with a main role in P4D).

This same station also has an ad for HMV, which is a Japanese online store.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Haven't gotten very far in the game yet myself, but I already stumbled upon a Persona 4 reference. You guys probably saw it too. In one of the train stations there are a series of posters that change between an ad for something called "Sapphire", which is accompanied by a picture of Rise Kujikawa and an ad for Kanami Mashita's new single (Kanami was the younger idol that was frequently mentioned in Rise's Social Link in P4 and she later appeared with a main role in P4D).

By the way, is experience split for having a certain amount of party members? or does everyone receive the exact amount given by the battle? because I may just run the game as 3 instead of 4 like the previous ones.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
By the way, is experience split for having a certain amount of party members? or does everyone receive the exact amount given by the battle? because I may just run the game as 3 instead of 4 like the previous ones.

I have no idea. I only just got the fourth party member and have not yet gone back into the palace since recruiting her. I've been stalling with the deadline to do other shit in town.

I would imagine that it does though. Just try it out and see if you notice a difference in EXP gain. Would be easiest to notice if you go solo.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

This same station also has an ad for HMV, which is a Japanese online store.
Yeah I saw that! I was so excited i took a faux screenshot for my twitter. Also saw a supermarket employee who kinda looked like Yu
I think everyone gains the same amount, if would have probably been higher experience for the starting two if that was the case

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yeah I saw that! I was so excited i took a faux screenshot for my twitter. Also saw a supermarket employee who kinda looked like Yu

I think everyone gains the same amount, if would have probably been higher experience for the starting two if that was the case

Yeah. I mean the other Personas before 5 did have experience actually split and not whole given for each party member. Back on P4 if you win a battle that gives you 200EXP, it gets split and each member will only get 50 EXP of that whole. Thankfully P5 isn't like that, not that it's bad since it was tolerable to some degree.

Tested it solo, yeah same amount like you mentioned FP. Good call.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah. I mean the other Personas before 5 did have experience actually split and not whole given for each party member. Back on P4 if you win a battle that gives you 200EXP, it gets split and each member will only get 50 EXP of that whole. Thankfully P5 isn't like that, not that it's bad since it was tolerable to some degree.

Yeah I'm happy no splitting occurs, that'd be so annoying especially when gearing up for the tougher stages. Atm im doing well in the castle but I had to call it quits and get more gear since the shadows are rather unforgiving where I'm trying to advance...i kinda got shocked because i thought they couldn't see you if you were hidden but maybe I was up at the wrong time and didn't notice. Im loving the game tho, it's really rewarding winning battles, especially when you get to do that badass hold up and the opponent is at your mercy.

Oh and the Battle theme is legit earworm, had the vocals stuck in my head all day, the games soundtrack is almost as good as Nier's, especially the one that plays in the beginning sequence when you help that girl prior to being sent away...so dark, gloomy, yet fitting of the scenes it's played in

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Back on P4 if you win a battle that gives you 200EXP, it gets split and each member will only get 50 EXP of that whole. Thankfully P5 isn't like that, not that it's bad since it was tolerable to some degree.

Ah. So you're saying that in P5, if you win a battle and get 200 EXP, all four party members get 200 EXP? That's interesting to note. I guess that means that the idea of going in with less than four party members is completely pointless now, unless you just want the extra challenge.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD