The Persona/Shin Megami Tensei Game Thread

UpSideDownGRUNT

Ummm.... Aren't those costumes only like ¥500?? That doesn't translate to $7.

Correction: it's ¥800 so that actually would be $6.99/£5.99, BTW the costumes ARE for every character in the party not just for MC, Morgans, Ryuji and Ann.

That's 7- 8 costumes for $7

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
We are literally almost there for the WW release. What date is releases again? 4th? 5th? - curious if the stores over here in NY might sell early week copies.

EDIT: Looked it up, 4th.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
the costumes ARE for every character in the party not just for MC, Morgans, Ryuji and Ann.

That's 7- 8 costumes for $7

I know, but that still seems terrible to me. I'd prefer to mix the outfits up and have every character wear whatever I like best for them, like I did in P4G, rather than have them all wear a matching set. So say I like one in P3, one in P4D, one in Devil Summoner, one in Catherine, etc., I have to buy several different sets for that.

But I also just don't feel like the costumes are really a big deal in this game anyway and assuming that there will be on-disc unlockables like there were in P4G, in addition to these DLC ones, I just really can't see myself buying any of them. And if there aren't any unlockables, then I'll just go all default. It's not like their main outfits sucks or anything.

It's nice that some of the sets also come with music from older games, but considering that this is a new game, with its own new soundtrack, I'd rather experience it with its intended new compositions, so I wouldn't make any use out of those either.

Lastly, there's Persona DLC, which I knew would happen. Yeah, this is just dumb. I couldn't care less about using Izanagi or Kaguya and there are so many Personas already in the game. And if the DLC Personas are overpowered just for the sake of it because they're premium, then that's pretty lame too. I'm paying to make the game easier.

We are literally almost there for the WW release. What date is releases again? 4th? 5th? - curious if the stores over here in NY might sell early week copies.

EDIT: Looked it up, 4th.

Yeah, it's only two weeks away now. I won't be playing it right at launch though because I have it pre-ordered through Amazon and they've been extremely slow with shipping my orders lately. It'll probably be at least another week for me, I'd guess.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
More costumes is always a good thing, especially at a price like that. I'll definitely be getting those day one if I can get the game on the day I hope to

Persona DLC I'll pass unless I have extra to get it since it doesn't seem like a necessity

UpSideDownGRUNT

I know, but that still seems terrible to me. I'd prefer to mix the outfits up and have every character wear whatever I like best for them, like I did in P4G, rather than have them all wear a matching set. So say I like one in P3, one in P4D, one in Devil Summoner, one in Catherine, etc., I have to buy several different sets for that.

But I also just don't feel like the costumes are really a big deal in this game anyway and assuming that there will be on-disc unlockables like there were in P4G, in addition to these DLC ones, I just really can't see myself buying any of them. And if there aren't any unlockables, then I'll just go all default. It's not like their main outfits sucks or anything.

It's nice that some of the sets also come with music from older games, but considering that this is a new game, with its own new soundtrack, I'd rather experience it with its intended new compositions, so I wouldn't make any use out of those either.

Lastly, there's Persona DLC, which I knew would happen. Yeah, this is just dumb. I couldn't care less about using Izanagi or Kaguya and there are so many Personas already in the game. And if the DLC Personas are overpowered just for the sake of it because they're premium, then that's pretty lame too. I'm paying to make the game easier.

Yeah, it's only two weeks away now. I won't be playing it right at launch though because I have it pre-ordered through Amazon and they've been extremely slow with shipping my orders lately. It'll probably be at least another week for me, I'd guess.
I must have missed something, does it say you only use the whole set only? And can't mix and match?

Either way that still makes the costumes $1 each at most per set which is still better than most games that do costume DLC Tales of flc costumes tend to be way more expensive like £10 for a full set for 6 characters.

And yeah, Persona getting DLC was always gonna happen eventually. Costume DLC is such an easy way to make money these days

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I must have missed something, does it say you only use the whole set only? And can't mix and match?

No, I'm sure you can, but if you want to mix and match these DLC outfits, you'd have to buy several packs, which gets pricey.

What I meant was, say I liked just a few outfits from the Catherine set, one from the P2 set, a few from the P4 set and so on. I'd have to buy all of those sets in order to be able to mix up all those outfits.

I don't know if that clears up the confusion. Maybe it's too hard to get the point across through text.

HajinMonSect

Man, look at all this garbage, overpriced DLC. The only one I'll be getting is the swimsuit set and only because it's free, but I can't imagine I'll ever even use it.

I'll also be getting the Japanese voice set of course, but that isn't listed there.

Holy shit what a rip off! Just for cosmetics too!? The entire episode of Gladious is cheaper than one stupid costume. People that dont know the value of a dollar, ruins it for us all :(

HajinMonSect

DOA dlc and its support is the reason we'll never see new story dlc, new modes, events, online community support or anything else. Why pay people to work when you can put in bare minimum effort of having someone render someones else costume design and sell them to make 3000% profit.

But doa has nothing to do with persona, so lets leave it there, since you brought it up.

SilverForte

Hmmm, Ill probably wait a while on this game. I wasnt a big fan of the last two persona games, I enjoyed the characters and story but that was about it. Plus the style of the new game isnt really my taste, feels like theres too much going on.

Think Ill play Berseria and Nier first.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm excited for this, this is my very first one and I can't wait to stay up all night that Tuesday going as far as I can, it's pretty much the highlight of my April for me. I have to get the physical copy at 6pm that Tuesday unfortunately tho, school and I have to trade my ipod in so I can get the normal day one edition. I waited so long....

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I wasnt a big fan of the last two persona games, I enjoyed the characters and story but that was about it.

I can agree with this to some extent. I really liked P3F and P4G, but that was entirely due to the story, characters and writing. The actual gameplay really wasn't that great. The dungeon crawling and the combat were pretty weak. Hopefully the "different" approach to gameplay makes P5 better.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Double post, but what are you gonna do?

Persona 5's Japanese audio is out now on the US PSN, along with the extra difficulty and a few other things. I'm gonna get it now so it's good to go for when I have the game.

Also, with the game being out in less than 12 hours (and already out for some people), remember to use spoiler tags when talking about anything in the story.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Double post, but what are you gonna do?

Persona 5's Japanese audio is out now on the US PSN, along with the extra difficulty and a few other things. I'm gonna get it now so it's good to go for when I have the game.

Also, with the game being out in less than 12 hours (and already out for some people), remember to use spoiler tags when talking about anything in the story.
You're good, as long as posts are an hour apart they're fine, and yeah I'm excited for the release. The Japanese audio I saw on Twitter is 2 GB....yeah not getting that. I'll be able to hopefully get my copy by six pm tomorrow. I've steered clear of any gameplay videos too, I don't even know how the English VAs for the characters sound but I am pissed because I wound up seeing how the first boss of the game will look but I've ignored virtually any previews, trailers, and walkthroughs

UpSideDownGRUNT

The game is pretty damn good, the English voices aren't as bad as they sounded in the old trailers too.

The thing bugs me is some weird pronunciation like TaKAmaki and SaKAmoto it just sounds weird.

The game itself is really good though, 6 hours flew by without me even realising

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Oh you have it already. And idc about pronunciation, Japanese foul up English words all the time anyway

petopia

Atlus needs to pump out more smt games persona wasn't the only game they had out until p4 pretty much blew everything away.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I thought SMT and Persona were the same. If they aren't then I don't care much for normal SMT although I loved Tokyo Beatdown on DR. I hope they make a remaster for PS4

TokyoBeatDownDS.jpg

Lewis and Rika Hyodo were my favorite characters, bando not so much since he fought like a sumo and he never fought any of the female enemies

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD