Characters The Throw Punish Megathread

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
This thread is dedicated to creating a global punishment list to be used universally with any character in the game. If you find any errors and/or inconsistencies, please point them out so they can be addressed.

This idea was originally from the Bass throw punish thread I created years ago starting from original DOA5 and finished a few months ago and it still bothered me that people were still not throwing unsafe moves enough to not lose games they should not have lost in the first place.

The list is now complete and here is the character list.

For the purpose of making things easier to follow, move lists are categorized into throw tiers with a final section covering strike punishment. The tier system will look like this for easy referencing:
==============
Tier 1 (6i for :tina::bass::lisa:&:hayabusa: and 7i grabs for everyone else)
-7 moves will be shown in the color green.
-8 moves will be shown in the neutral white color.

Tier 2 (8i for :tina::bass::lisa:&:hayabusa: and 10i grabs for everyone else)
-9 moves will be shown in the color green.
-11 moves will be shown in the neutral white color.

Tier 3 (11i for :tina::bass::lisa: and 12i grabs for everyone else (:bradwong: has no tier 3 throws))
-12 moves will be shown in the color green.
-13 moves will be shown in the neutral white color.

Neutral Throws (4i for :tina::bass::lisa:&:hayabusa: and 5i for everyone else)
-5 moves will be shown in the color orange.
-6 moves will be shown in the neutral white color.
=============
Following that would be low throws and that section would look like this:
Tier 1 (4i for :tina::bass::lisa: and 5i for everyone else and some unique low throws)
-4 moves will be shown in the color purple and this category is unique to :alpha152:.
-5 moves will be shown in the color green.
-6 moves will be shown in the neutral white color.

Tier 2 (low OHs and slower throws)
These will be unique and can also be character specific (e.g. :hayabusa: and his 12i :3::3::h::+::P:)
=============
Following throws, another section will be OHs and unique throws. This would be a character specific section as every character is unique in that regard with different range and tools.
=============
A final section will cover strike punishable moves and this will also be very character specific, but it would be necessary against certain characters.
=============

Below will be the character list for the cast and each character icon will take you the appropriate post.

Good luck.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'll be simplifying the strike punish section since I don't have the time of day to sit down and confirm every single character's potential punish. Sorry, fellas but you're on your own on that one. If you wish me to add your suggestion or combos to the list, I'll do that, but I don't have the time to go through every single detail and the important thing here is to make it a good habit for people to throw punish and that is more essential.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD