The Uncharted Thread

UpSideDownGRUNT

Its really sad that Uncharted 4 looks like it feels more Tomb Raider than Rise of the Tomb Raider... The fact you can explore mini caves and behind waterfalls for secrets I just like classic TR, a really good thing to take inspiration from.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
tumblr_n6yj84EfVn1rykgnfo2_500.gif

tumblr_n6yj84EfVn1rykgnfo4_500.gif

tumblr_n6yj84EfVn1rykgnfo6_500.gif

Oooh, the hype! >__<' I haven't even preordered it! It's about time next week! XD

Its really sad that Uncharted 4 looks like it feels more Tomb Raider than Rise of the Tomb Raider... The fact you can explore mini caves and behind waterfalls for secrets I just like classic TR, a really good thing to take inspiration from.

I wonder how Uncharted 4 will live up to the really good last Tomb Raider. I didn't play it, but I heard it is realy good...and really pretty.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Rise? I wouldn't say its good.... Its not bad, it just felt like a poor Uncharted clone rather than a TR game. Hopefully they can bring it back for the third game but RotTR killed my hype for it.

UC4 though, looks lime its gonna top even Uncharted 2.

Jadeinchains

tumblr_n6yj84EfVn1rykgnfo2_500.gif

tumblr_n6yj84EfVn1rykgnfo4_500.gif

tumblr_n6yj84EfVn1rykgnfo6_500.gif

Oooh, the hype! >__<' I haven't even preordered it! It's about time next week! XD

I wonder how Uncharted 4 will live up to the really good last Tomb Raider. I didn't play it, but I heard it is realy good...and really pretty.

Do you mean Tomb Raider 2013? If so then yeah I'm hoping uncharted can live up to that because IMO the 2013 one is much better than rise of the tomb raider which seriously was less gritty and complex as the reboot.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Huh? Did I miss something? I thought Rise of the Tomb Rider was critically acclaimed and topped Tomb Raider (2013) by far? o__O'

UpSideDownGRUNT

Do you mean Tomb Raider 2013? If so then yeah I'm hoping uncharted can live up to that because IMO the 2013 one is much better than rise of the tomb raider which seriously was less gritty and complex as the reboot.
TR2013 was a good Tomb Raider game, while lacking much in exploration it still felt like a Tomb Raider game and I loved it. RotTR made me feel really disjointed I didn't know if I even liked it or not by the end of the game.

Jadeinchains

It certainly had improvements in graphics and openness but to me it just didn't feel like a tomb raider game, And if I was going to pick any modern tomb raider game as the best it would be the 2013 reboot. However even that game has its share of complaints from people. ( for example the fact that Lara Cry's etc ) personally if I fell 100ft or more and smashed through a load oif rubble leaving me with a metal bar through my leg I'd be crying to but whatever.

Rise of the tomb raider just didn't feel as life threatening or gritty. They also took out my favourite thing which was when you'd have to out run a collapsing structure etc.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Rise of the tomb raider just didn't feel as life threatening or gritty. They also took out my favourite thing which was when you'd have to out run a collapsing structure etc.

Wait, since when do you own a Xbone? Or did you play it on PC? o__O

Jadeinchains

Wait, since when do you own a Xbone? Or did you play it on PC? o__O

Oh yeah lol I should have said that! I played it on Xbox 360 because of they're terrible deal with microsoft!

I know that there's obvious graphical differences but I wasn't bothered by it while playing... I was more bothered by the completely dull Jesus allegory of a story and the bland near none existent personalities of the characters.

I actually liked the game by the way! Lol, I know it must sound like I hate its just really not that deserving of the praise it got. The story is nothing compared to the actually interesting location the island of Yamatai was!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh, I completely forgot there was a Xbox360 version! It somehow was marketed at all. XD

UpSideDownGRUNT

Oh yeah lol I should have said that! I played it on Xbox 360 because of they're terrible deal with microsoft!

I know that there's obvious graphical differences but I wasn't bothered by it while playing... I was more bothered by the completely dull Jesus allegory of a story and the bland near none existent personalities of the characters.

I actually liked the game by the way! Lol, I know it must sound like I hate its just really not that deserving of the praise it got. The story is nothing compared to the actually interesting location the island of Yamatai was!
I agree, I played it on Xbox One so I also got to gush at how pretty it was lol

In its own right it was a decent game it just wasn't a good Tomb Raider, too much fast paced action for me, action outweighed the exploration and puzzles (which were way too simple)

Uncharted 4 sticks to its roots and doesn't try to be anything else except Uncharted up to 11 which is everything I expect in a sequal.

I feel Uncharted 4 will be the best in the series, I'm only anxious about the writing now that Amy Hennig isn't the lead writer anymore.

Jadeinchains

Oh, I completely forgot there was a Xbox360 version! It somehow was marketed at all. XD

Yeah they marketed it from a Xbone perspective which makes sense because its better looking.

Did you play/plan to play either of the new tomb raider games?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol, that was anticlimactic...

Waited all day for it and it is just about 30 seconds long with 90% already shown material. :/

Them real time graphics though...

gshplc.gif

bafwya.gif

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Lol, that was anticlimactic...

Waited all day for it and it is just about 30 seconds long with 90% already shown material. :/

Them real time graphics though...

gshplc.gif

bafwya.gif
You really need to stop over hyping yourself for stuff like trailers lol

Western trailers are usually stuff like this.

Jadeinchains

That fan trailer put the official one to shame! I'm really interested in that femme fatale type character, but I'm always obsessed with those types so it doesn't surprise me. The fan trailer definitely got me more potentially hyped for the game than the official one did though that's certain!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
And two weeks before release the street date is already broken:

fetchpicscrop.php

Not gonna lie, I want one of those! XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD