The Uncharted Thread

whiterobes

Would have watched this thread sooner if I'd checked the forums more often. lol

It was the campaign of all three that initially got me into the games and has cemented it as one of my all time favorite series! However, I'm wondering if there's a specific facet of the game everyone is interested in, in terms of the campaign and the multiplayer. So far, I've only seen people interested in the campaign, which is completely fine. I'm personally looking forward to both, as I only started playing multiplayer for UC3 a year or two ago. Needless to say, I was hooked on the unique personalities and sass of each individual character in the multiplayer specifically.

Having played both UC4 betas, I can say that is something that hasn't changed, and the gameplay is smooth and seamlessly fluid. Balance, which was always an issue from my understanding of the UC community, has been greatly improved in the multiplayer imo.

I wholeheartedly believe that UC4 will be one of the best games I've ever played, if not the best.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I play video games for Story and single player games are by far my favourite, MP games get pretty stale after a while.

So i'm 90% into Uncharted for the campaign, but UC4 MP Beta has made me want to try out MP for sure.

whiterobes

I play video games for Story and single player games are by far my favourite, MP games get pretty stale after a while.

So i'm 90% into Uncharted for the campaign, but UC4 MP Beta has made me want to try out MP for sure.

That's nice to hear. It's definitely worth giving a shot! I played the open beta with a few different friends, some of which were native to mainly DOA, at it was so easy for them to get into and enjoy. I'm looking forward to newcomers to enjoy the MP as well!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol, don't care for the MP one bit. I'm glad Uncharted still is all about single player.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Unboxing of the "Libertalia Edition" of Uncharted 4:

Love the packaging...but why are these statues always so disappointing in reality? It doesn't even look like Nate, does it? XD

Jadeinchains

Lol yeah it doesn't really have the same face but it must be hard to be that detailed. Then again someone once made a sculpture that could fit inside a pin head so...

Anyway it looks cool all the same!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Just wanted to edit my post, but since you already replied, here's also the unboxing of the special Uncharted 4 PS4 1TB:

I would feel so dumb buying an expensive special edition of the PS4 when the PS4Neo already comes out in some months. Sony is of course clever enough to not inform customers yet. ;)

Jadeinchains

Yeah I hope no one is I'll informed and buys that. Also my ps4 has 2TB of memory so it would be a downgrade to me.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Not to mention it kinda looks silly and except for drake on the front almost has nothing to do with Uncharted theme wise, MGSV Console was red, black and gold like Snake's bionic arm.

Oh well, this baby is mine in just over a week I can't wait to play. Uncharted 4 has a 5GB MP patch as well for those interested in MP.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Just ten more days! :D (Except for Grunt who gets it already on Saturday. :/)

I really hope there are more as open levels as the Madagascar level. I want this island to be freely explorable:

image_uncharted_4_a_thief_s_end-30961-2995_0010.jpg

prukih.gif

Tyaren

Standard Donor
First reviews are surfacing. :) Here are some quotes (without any spoilers of course) that got me excited! :D

From one review:

"Let’s also talk exploration. Uncharted prior always had little path ways to check but were pretty linear in nature or hall like even at moments, maybe small little action hubs even. Uncharted 4 blows those out of the water to reveal some truly awesome locations to explore and different ways to get to those locations in the process. It makes treasure hunting fun, but also intense and much harder than before. Some levels had me scouring everywhere I could before I eventually moved on in defeat. I’ll be back for those for sure!"

"Graphically the game looks amazing. The lighting can at times just make locations and character look photo realistic. Yes sometimes things don’t look AS good as they do at other times but for the majority the game just is a site to behold. Can’t tell you how many vistas I’ve seen and moments I was breathless. Even enemies are highly detailed as I’ve seen in photo mode shots, which is going to be a feature many people use. This could be called Photo mode, the game! It’s hard to talk about this without spoiling things but just know, the amount of variety and depth in locations and exploring along with the insane visuals is just something to treasure."

From another review:

"I took my sweet time because my jaw was on the floor at basically everything. This is without question the most beautiful game ever made. The level of detail present is staggering. Photo mode has loads of options and I spent a good hour just taking pictures of random plants, I couldn't help myself."

From yet another review:

"The hidden treasures are back and I would say they are much harder to find than all previous entries I don't know if that's anything to really shout about but I love treasure hunting a lot so I welcomed this."

"Visuals are mightily impressive the PS4 is a beast for a console and ND are just beyond talented in all aspects of game development and it really shows it's honestly just unbelievable for a console game, The game feels a little more mature and more serious than previous entries in my opinion and the settings of the game are also excellent."

The bolded parts could have been written by me for me! XD

raw

Jadeinchains

Lol they really could have been written by you. The large explorable areas with treasure hunting definitely interests me, I also really like the sound of that photo mode and I'm wondering just how amazing this game must look if they spent ages taking photos of plants!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Uncharted 4 also has a super exciting easter egg too! Can't wait to see it when I play it myself to confirm it's legit

I've heard people mentioning this quite often. What kind of an easter egg is it supposed to be (without saying too much if that is possible)? Normally easter eggs are a nice little surprise, but I never stumbled across a "super exciting" one. ;)

UpSideDownGRUNT

I've heard people mentioning this quite often. What kind of an easter egg is it supposed to be (without saying too much if that is possible)? Normally easter eggs are a nice little surprise, but I never stumbled across a "super exciting" one. ;)
I literally can't give ANY hints without immediately giving it away

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD