The Uncharted Thread

Jadeinchains

Yay! Hope you enjoy it, I'm not sure when I'll be getting it. Also if its a none spoilery beautiful environment feel free to share some pictures with me on PS4.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
What the hell!!?? Sony restricted shipping here yet you still got it early? Man I'm so annoyed >.>

I'm mad at whoever shipped uncharted to tyaren and super pissed off at Sony even more...

ab9.gif

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm mostly pissed off at Sony for restricting shipping apparently in the UK only like what the actual fuck!? This is literally the dumbestest thing they've done about this whole thing... btw fuck Sony UK

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm mostly pissed off at Sony for restricting shipping apparently in the UK only like what the actual fuck!? This is literally the dumbestest thing they've done about this whole thing... btw fuck Sony UK

Wasn't it in the UK where Uncharted 4 copies were stolen on a big scale? It's very likely for that reason.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Wasn't it in the UK were Uncharted 4 copies were stolen on a big scale? It's very likely for that reason.
I don't know, I can't recall it being said where they were stolen from.

If that is the case then, the C***s that stole those copies can feel my wrath as well! They've almost single handedly ruined my weekend.. >.> I've been looking forward ALL FRIGGING WEEK to playing UC4 this weekend. I'm so salty it's not even funny lol

Jadeinchains

I don't know, I can't recall it being said where they were stolen from.

If that is the case then, the C***s that stole those copies can feel my wrath as well! They've almost single handedly ruined my weekend.. >.> I've been looking forward ALL FRIGGING WEEK to playing UC4 this weekend. I'm so salty it's not even funny lol

They really are assholes who ever they are, Hitomi can try to heal your heart though until Monday.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The theft indeed happened in the UK and Sony was really pissed off about that:

Copies of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End were stolen while in transit to retailers, Sony said on Wednesday, and as such they have surfaced in the United Kingdom about two weeks ahead of the game's launch date.

"An extremely talented team has worked long and hard to bring Nathan Drake's greatest adventure to life and we would urge you to help us prevent this from being spoiled by purchasing copies of the game ahead of the launch date," Shuhei Yoshida, the president of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, said in a statement.

"Please rest assured we will be very vigilant to protect you from this as far as we can so you can enjoy Uncharted 4's experience to its fullest on May 10."

Yoshida did not clarify whether persons found on PlayStation Network playing Uncharted 4 before its street date would be sanctioned. The total number of copies in circulation is also unknown.

Eurogamer has reported on copies of the game being sold over eBay at high markup, with one reseller claiming that 10,000 copies had been seized by U.K. authorities for unpaid sales taxes, and so that was the source. Eurogamer was dubious of that claim, however.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/27/11516964/uncharted-4-stolen-ebay-uk

lol @ the bolded part.

Jadeinchains

So it seems like they're doing the classic teacher act of " Well the one asshole in the class did something stupid so your all getting punished for it"

UpSideDownGRUNT

Welp... They've ruined it for everyone basically, or atleast ruined it for everyone who pre-ordered the game from online retailers.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Since none of you have the game so far allow me to post just two random pics that I made that don't really spoil anything:

26874713135_c63be98d0c_o.png

26781271162_58ce6e07d6_o.png

The game's graphics are indeed very pretty...though I have to say, the lighting in The Order: 1886 is a bit prettier and more realistic. ;)
Other than that I have never seen graphics this good on a big scale like this. The Order (sorry for using it again as an example) is imho just as pretty but the levels are far smaller and less interactive, so Uncharted 4 is clearly the bigger graphical achievement. So far I've also just seen four chapters and I've heard it will get better and better. :) Gameplay is fun too! XD

@UpSideDownGRUNT and @Chapstick, I've seen the easter egg and is indeed really pretty cool and I loved the way they implemented it in the game. :)

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Alright, some of my impressions of the game (without any spoilers of course!) to raise your appetite even more, guys:

If I would guess, I think I'm a bit before the middle of the game right now. The gaming experience so far is very good. I really enjoy it. :) I only ever played the Uncharted Collection demo before this game and it felt very clunky und unresponsive to me. Uncharted 4 however plays and controlls very smooth and intuitive.
Even when the action is culminating, everything blows up, is crumbling under your feet, enemies are firing from all directions and you have to think and act very quickly, the game levels are so well designed that I always intuitively know where to go. This coming from someone who never played an Uncharted is quite something. The tricky traversal situations and puzzles are also very well made and simply fun. It sometimes takes a bit of trial and error and observing your surroundings very closely but then I always figure it out after not too long. I'm so glad the puzzles are tricky but not frustrating at all. I really hate when I get stuck because of unfair, illogical puzzles.
The levels are varied and big, some are even huge (you will need a car to traverse them). There's a lot of nooks and crannies to explore and the treasures are very well hidden. I seem to only find like 50% of all treasures in a level and I am definitely taking my time to look around and explore.
The game is very pretty and overall the prettiest and in this regard most polished game that I have ever played. Now, there are games with sharper textures or better lighting or more realistic water effects and I even saw some not so pretty 2D flowers (which @Chapstick dislikes in The Witcher 3 ;)) but as a complete package with so many tiniest details Uncharted is so far unmatched. I often say to myself: "This is such a cool detail! How did they even think of this? O:"

Also I'm dying to post some more pics... D: I'm going to wait until Tuesday but then I'm going all out! :D Of course I won't show anything that could be considered a spoiler to the story and I will refrain from posting pics from the very last chapters until some more time has passed and you guys caught up.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
OMG, this game is getting more beautiful and more beautiful. Very clever of them to save the prettiest locations for last. ;) (I'm in the last couple of chapters right now.)
Since the Madagascar area is already known for a long time, here some of my pics:

26847746851_f9a977bfeb_h.jpg

26309907934_c8a8968c6e_h.jpg

26821715162_24ad0f3d62_h.jpg

It really has the size of an open world game but it's as graphically polished as a closed of action adventure.

OMG, this game is getting more beautiful and more beautiful. Very clever of them to save the prettiest locations for last. ;) (I'm in the last couple of chapters right now.)
Since the Madagascar area is already known for a long time, here some of my pics:

26847746851_f9a977bfeb_h.jpg

26309907934_c8a8968c6e_h.jpg

26821715162_24ad0f3d62_h.jpg

It really has the size of an open world game but it's as graphically polished as a closed of action adventure.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD