The Uncharted Thread

Jadeinchains

Close to the truth, To be honest though I just have to drive like an hour/an hour and a half from my house and be in places like that though so its not that far off it is very calming where I live. I used to live right within the city of Glasgow and that was a mess though!

Anyway lol so that this post isn't just my life story its great to hear they'll be in the high lands in this game, I'm looking forward to see how they captured them especially with the amazing graphics this game has!

Edit: Lol how dare you Grunt, I happen to love rainy and stormy weather!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Uncharted over the course of time:

Uncharted_though_the_years.jpg~original

The great jump in overall detail from Uncharted 1 to Ucharted 2/3 was amazing as was the jump to almost photorealism in Uncharted 4. :D Considering that the first three titles were all on one console yet looked so much better each time, I wonder how much better an Uncharted 5 would look like. Or is that even possible? ;)

UpSideDownGRUNT

I know, you said if the jump to a uncharted 5 could surpass Uncharted 4.

Which my answer is still relevant because there isn't going to be another game.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I know, you said if the jump to a uncharted 5 could surpass Uncharted 4.

Which my answer is still relevant because there isn't going to be another game.

Grunt, everyone knows there isn't going to be another game... >__> They made it very clear.

Jadeinchains

Uncharted over the course of time:

Uncharted_though_the_years.jpg~original

The great jump in overall detail from Uncharted 1 to Ucharted 2/3 was amazing as was the jump to almost photorealism in Uncharted 4. :D Considering that the first three titles were all on one console yet looked so much better each time, I wonder how much better an Uncharted 5 would look like. Or is that even possible? ;)

It really is amazing just how the graphics can improve in one console generation, Uncharted 4 might be the greatest looking game now?! And yeah if there's an uncharted 5 its going to be even more breath taking than 4. I'm sure it's possible because I remember I used to think gta4 had the best graphics and gta5 couldn't top them, and that really turned out false.

Is it clear there isn't going to be a 5th game? I mean if its a product that sales well certainly Sony will give them an incentive?

Edit: if the reasons spoilers then don't answer!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It really is amazing just how the graphics can improve in one console generation, Uncharted 4 might be the greatest looking game now?!

That's what literally all reviews say. You will of course find PC games with sharper textures or farther viewing distance. But from the pure fidelity, vibrancy and attention to detail it is the best looking game yet.

Is it clear there isn't going to be a 5th game? I mean if its a product that sales well certainly Sony will give them an incentive?

Many reviews indicate Naughty Dog clearly brought the series to a conclusive end in this game. Whatever this means...

Jadeinchains

That's what literally all reviews say. You will of course find PC games with sharper textures or farther viewing distance. But from the pure fidelity, vibrancy and attention to detail it is the best looking game yet.

Many reviews indicate Naughty Dog clearly brought the series to a conclusive end in this game. Whatever this means...

Lol yeah when I was writing that I was thinking how many reviews must have used the same wording.

And yeah I guess that's a shame if the series ends, at the same time its better to end a series at the proper time instead of just keeping it going for money. ( to many series to list that should have ended by now but haven't for this very reason )

Naughty Dog will still be around anyway so we can still expect "The Last Of Us 2" etc.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Grunt, everyone knows there isn't going to be another game... >__> They made it very clear.
Then why say Uncharted 5... You made the mistake here lol I was just saying that that wouldn't happen.

Last of Us 2 would have been a better thing to say since that's likely to actually happen.

It's also called A Thief's End, thief referring to Drake and the whole "one last time" marketing ploy they had. I'm surprised there's a 4 at all actually usually ND make 3 games and a kart racer then move on. As they did with Crash and Jak.

Jadeinchains

Then why say Uncharted 5... You made the mistake here lol I was just saying that that wouldn't happen.

Last of Us 2 would have been a better thing to say since that's likely to actually happen.

It's also called A Thief's End, thief referring to Drake and the whole "one last time" marketing ploy they had. I'm surprised there's a 4 at all actually usually ND make 3 games and a kart racer then move on. As they did with Crash and Jak.

... Okay! Anyway no one say any spoilers but the whole end of the series thing and theifs end seriously has me doubting Nathan's survival chances. Its probably just to make you think that though so that they can reveal he just settles down! I have no idea though!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
We should ban Grunt from this thread already now...just as a precaution. :)

UpSideDownGRUNT

Well good news for you guys and SUPER bad news for me....

Sony put a shipping restriction on Uncharted 4 so no retailer is allowed to ship before Monday 9th :/

So, I have to wait until Tuesday like everyone else >.>

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Well good news for you guys and SUPER bad news for me....

Sony put a shipping restriction on Uncharted 4 so no retailer is allowed to ship before Monday 9th :/

So, I have to wait until Tuesday like everyone else >.>

Aww...sorry to hear that, Grunt! D: I'm going to get my copy later today. The shop just emailed me! :D

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Got it! :D Now downloading the patch (4,8GB). Hate that day one patches are the standard by now. :/

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD