Tina combo thread

Dallas1088

I use 44p quite often for that set up but but i'm more of a 4k guy due to the shorter input (44p is more evasive though) works the same.

Ah, very true, forgot all about 4k lol, I just started messing around with Tina :oops:. I do love the evasion on 44p though, I tend to get up in people's faces, so that move is a Godsend for my playstyle haha

Doa_Eater

6pk> 7k> dash turn 6p+k also critical burst but i'd rather go for another 7k or the back throw since i'm not that skilled in online input.

TRI Mike

For juggling:

:6::P::P::6::K::426::F+P: works on lightweights only.
:6::P::P::6::K::F+P: works on mids and heavies.

I don't really think we'll ever find better juggles for her, I've tried pretty much everything and unless Tina's on the higher part of the slope in "destroyed top Scramble", she most likely won't get anything better than this.

EDIT: There are many other ways for her to reach CB besides the ones I posted. You can use 8P to start the stun threshold with a sit-down stun and apply 7K or BT strings as well, she fortunately has good strikes to avoid relying on the same heights all the time (hello Helena). Just try to get the the CB in four hits in different ways every time to avoid holds. And if you see a hold, use wr64T or 41236T to destroy them.

TRI Mike

I tried it on Tatami against Kasumi, Ayane, Mila, Alpha, Kokoro, Pai and I think Hitomi and worked almost every time. The input is a little strict but it's definitely viable. You have to know this only works on max launch height, like 33P or 9K after a CB.

Django

For juggling:

:6::P::P::6::K::426::F+P: works on lightweights only.
:6::P::P::6::K::F+P: works on mids and heavies.

:6::P::P::6::K: :8:
punch.gif
:2: :F+P: for mid weights

Django

:6::K:,:3::P::P:,:6::P+K:
:6::K:,:3::P:,:6::K:, :6::P+K:
:6::6::K:,:3::P:,:6::K:,:6::P+K:
:6::6::K:, :6::K:,:3::P:, :6::P+K:
:6::6::K:,:3::P::P:,:6::P+K:
i really like these cause you get 25-30+ frames recover if they hold out of these hits while stun.
making MTD throw really easy to react to if they hold out.

so if they hold while stun on these attacks -
:3::P: +24 frames
:3::P::P: +30 frames
:6::K: +38 frames

also you can just do :P: on all of these before :6::P+K: and still get CB.

TRI Mike

They're nice, but I prefer to avoid using many mid-punches before 6P+K because most players tend to hold that first and if my CB set-up is interrupted I get pissed.

UPDATE:

Tina's :6::P::P::6::K::426::F+P: juggle works on: Kasumi, Eliot, Mila, Kokoro, Alpha-152, Pai, Hitomi, Leifang and Ayane. For everyone else use the neutral air grab and it will connect.

:6::P::P::6::K: :8::P: :2::F+P: isn't working for me at all against any middle weight. The training dummy and people I tested it against were able to tech roll after 8P and punish Tina.

shinryu

Didn't see it listed yet, but I think there's a nice setup in:

:4::4::P:, :7::P::P:. The last :P: puts them into drunken stance (as I like to call it), and can be followed up with her :6::P+K: for CB. So something like:

:4::4::P:, :7::P::P:, :6::P+K: CB, :9::K:, :6::P::P::6::K:, :F+P: (134 damage on Counter Hit)

The bad thing about the 7pp part is that the stumble stun is actually holdable, which isnt true of kk or BT k. A lot of people might not know that, though, and you have plenty of time to dash and throw, so it's still a viable mixup.

On the subject of BT k, it's kind of interesting: the stun is actually shorter than kk, so a 6f+k afterwards actually doesn't combo. However, it's all but guaranteed to hit due to the backturn (the CPU can guard it on a fastest stagger recovery only), so in actuality this "combo" works out to be more damaging since it gets you the full damage of 6f+k in addition to the better figure-four choke ground throw for about 65 points in total. Would have to do a bit of combo engineering, but this suggests something like 44p bt 7p bt k 4f+k 2f+p should total out to 100 odd points or so

Django

:6::P::P::6::K: :8::P: :2::F+P: isn't working for me at all against any middle weight. The training dummy and people I tested it against were able to tech roll after 8P and punish Tina.

in CB? it should work.
i know if u do 8P too low it said 30% instead of 40% and becomes techable.

DForev

So, can you CB with the opponent's back to you? There was this one combo I was trying (I don't remember the exact combo), but basically I hit a mid punch somewhere that turned the opponent around (I think it was the :K::P: combo) and they would fall backwards almost like being snapped in half. I was at critical stun state and went for CB and it would connect, but not activate the CB stun. Such a shame.

Edit: Removed the next part since it was wrong. My bad.

TRI Mike

Yes, depending on stances, PKP and KP can leave the opponent backturned, giving you a free 8P which gives you a free CB. It's one of her best set-ups to reach the unholdable max stun.

shinryu

So, can you CB with the opponent's back to you? There was this one combo I was trying (I don't remember the exact combo), but basically I hit a mid punch somewhere that turned the opponent around (I think it was the :K::P: combo) and they would fall backwards almost like being snapped in half. I was at critical stun state and went for CB and it would connect, but not activate the CB stun. Such a shame.

Also, just an extra, after an initial stun (so :6::6::K:, :6::K:, :4::K: etc.) if you hit :2::K::P:, you get a guaranteed ground throw after. Of course, all that can be countered, but something nice and simple to use when you don't want to CB and has three different hit levels.

Limbo stun is pretty godly but you have to be careful of the threshold; frequently the 8p will actually just knock down instead of getting the backturn sitdown. Essentially, if you didn't open with pkp or kp, you probably will want to launch with 33k on the limbo stun and take what you can get. Also, don't forget kk to 6f+k; it's a legit combo and the ground throw is the figure four choke so it's 30 instead of 20 damage. You can get 90 damage off that easily (and something like 108 from the 44p/4k, BT 7p, BT k, 6f+k, 2f+p "combo", it's definitely exploitable except maybe against Bayman/Lei Fang).

As far as 2kp, I'm almost certain that's techable. Bayman has the same knockdown off 33p+k and I know you can tech that, and I'm pretty sure I tried 2kp setups and they were techable as well. Did you have the computer on recovery when you tried that? If not I'd recheck it to be sure but it would be a great find if it were legit.

DForev

2KP is techable? Damn, my bad. I must've been going in and out of training mode that I forgot to put recovery back on again. Damn. Back to the drawing board.

As for that limbo stun thing, so you have to input something else (like the 8P being mentioned) to get the CB? Still sounds great, but I would love to CB the limbo stun itself, which isn't possible? Why is that? Because the opponent is backturned?

And yea, shinryu's adding of the 6F+K into those combos is great!

shinryu

I'm pretty sure that 6p+k on the limbo stun either whiffs or just knocks down instead of giving the CB stun, if I remember correctly. 8p gives a weird sitdown stun that will let you get the CB stun properly. I'll check it though, it's possible that something like 6k kp 6p+k might work but I want to say I've tried that and it didn't.

DForev

Yes, depending on stances, PKP and KP can leave the opponent backturned, giving you a free 8P which gives you a free CB. It's one of her best set-ups to reach the unholdable max stun.

Very true. If you just do KP in open stance (front foot opposite to opponent), the stun you get has the opponent still facing you. If you do KP in closed stance (front foot same as opponent), you get the backturned limbo stun. So, firstly, does limbo only refer to the backturned stun? I forgot to check whether the stun with the opponent still facing you was holdable (although I'm guessing it is, since it looks like the stun from 66K).

The other thing though, is when I did 66K KP, the stun outcome was the opposite. So starting at closed stance gave you the stun with the opponent facing you (ie, you can CB straight away), while starting in open stance gave you the limbo stun. So maybe 66K changes your stance. At least, that's if I remember correctly and haven't mixed up the stances. It is kinda confusing. Hopefully that's not just some BS that I tricked myself into seeing.

I'm pretty sure that 6p+k on the limbo stun either whiffs or just knocks down instead of giving the CB stun, if I remember correctly. 8p gives a weird sitdown stun that will let you get the CB stun properly. I'll check it though, it's possible that something like 6k kp 6p+k might work but I want to say I've tried that and it didn't.
Yea, you can't CB on limbo it seems. Not too bad since you can 8P then CB though, giving you guaranteed dmge I think. As for the second part, since KP is stance related, I assume that combo can work if you're in the right stance. I didn't try it though. I know that in the right stance, 66K KP 6P+K does work at least.

And yea, that KK to 6F+K is really good too. You can kinda delay the second K in KK, to avoid a hold, but you get less damage. You can delay the 6F+K to get maximum damage. 6F+K to 2F+P should give you 65 on normal at max damage. Added to KK which can give you 42 or 30 depending on speed and heck, throw in 66K to start with, which gives 56 altogether prior to 6F+K, and you've got 121 max damage from something fairly simple. On normal.

That being said, if you get a counter hit, maybe it would be best to link all of it since you 'might' get more damage. If you link the combo, I think you can get 100 max dmge on normal. I didn't test this on counter or hi counter (I probably should have).

CB :9::K::6::P::P::6::K: :8::P: :2::F+P: does work on mid weight.
maybe your delaying :6::P::P::6::K: only reason i saw it won't work.
i even got
CB :P+K: :6::P::P::6::K: :8::P: :2::F+P: to work on mid, but it was very strict and random
I can confirm this works on Christie, who should be medium weight. So unless there's a difference within the medium class, that combo just won't work on heavies. I even got the P+K one to work rather well.

And a couple more combos, nothing too hot, but I like it since I tend to use 4K a lot:

:4::K::7::K::P::6::P+K: nets you around 56 dmg on normal.
:4::K::P::P::h::8::P::6::P+K: nets you around 60 dmg on normal. (you don't really have to free cancel, but it makes things quicker)
For comparison: :6::6::K::8::P::6::K::6::P+K: does 62 dmg on normal.

TRI Mike

Guys, I mentioned this in the Helena combo thread as well. Please when entering a combo try to give priority to counter strikes and hi-counter strikes. If you pay attention to your matches, normal hits almost never happens because both fighters are constantly on the move and interrupting each other's actions. Many moves for many characters stun, or build stun threshold on normal hit but actually do completely different things in CH and HCH. If you want to post the NH set-ups, that's excellent but try to prioritize the other two.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD