Tina Patch v1.03

Django

TINA

[NEW MOVE] Sidestep T: changed to allow the same throw as 7PPT from sidestep.

[NEW MOVE] PK (on hit) T: changed to allow the same move as K (hit) T when PK hits as well.

7P, 7PP, 7PPP: changed to mid moves.

7PP: change advantage on guard from +2 to -1F.

7PPT: changed startup from 20 to 22F, changed grab motion and voice.

66PPK: changed disadvantage on guard from GB(-16) to GB(-6F).

46P: changed recovery from 26 to 30F, changed advantage on guard from GB(0) to GB (+1).

2P: fixed to allow player to choose standing/crouching on the frame after the move ends.

4P, 4PP, 4PPP: added sidestep tracking.

3PP: added sidestep tracking.

7K: added sidestep tracking.

8K: changed disadvantage on guard from GB (-12) to GB (+6F), changed attribute when held from parry to jumping mid kick hold.

236K, running K: changed recovery from 57 to 55F, changed disadvantage on guard from GB(-24) to GB(-4F), changed attribute when held from parry to jumping mid kick hold.

4K, 6PK: changed disadvantage on guard from -7 to -5F.

2KK: changed hit reaction on normal hit to Critical Stun.

66K: changed hit reactions from crouching Counter hit or higher to sit-down stuns

46T: fixed an issue that made it easy to unintentionally trigger J.O.Cyclone when performing the move from a crouching dash.

Rising tackle: changed to maintain crouching status throughout the entire move.

Sidestep P: change disadvantage on guard from -10 to -6F.

PacManila

46P: changed recovery from 26 to 30F, changed advantage on guard from GB(0) to GB (+1).

Nice, I was hoping that she would have a move (especially this one) that would give her plus frames on block that isn't a high. Would this end up adding more plus frames on block after force-teching someone with 8P (she normally gets from 0-3 plus frames depending on how fast you execute it)?

PJudge

I'm not too sure why they changed 7P, 7PP, 7PPP to mid moves, but I'll roll with it. Other than that, I'm keen to see how it all feels when I play.

synce

^ I think because the punches look mid. I had no idea they were high until now. If you DID know they were high, you're probably screwed. I'm still countering mid when Hitomi does 236k even though it's high in DOA5

Tina looks a little buffed though. 2kk and 4k changes are pretty nice. I'm also happy her tackle now registers as crouching. So many times I've tried to low throw punish it and it never connects even though she's clearly crouching

Anyway I may be picking her up soon, now that Lisa may outshine her. I gotta have an underdog character.

DR2K

With sidesteps buffed(they'll be a huge part of the game now) her gettign sidestep tracking moves is a big buff, being mids now was probably a way to balance the potential buff.

Optimusprime169

Nice, I was hoping that she would have a move (especially this one) that would give her plus frames on block that isn't a high. Would this end up adding more plus frames on block after force-teching someone with 8P (she normally gets from 0-3 plus frames depending on how fast you execute it)?

We are definitely on the same page. This was the first thing I thought as well. Of all the changes, I like this the best. It has range to get in close and gives advantage on guard. The only drawback will be whiffing due to the increased recovery frames from 26F to 30F, but that is okay as long as the player knows Tina's range window.

now we can't do the combo of 66k - 8p - 33k - t
right?

thank god now they will respect me when i do GB XD
hmm but i think they buff all chrs which fear me now...

Caster Shell

Tina can finally have advantage on GBs like she's supposed to now. The attacker should never be at disadvantage or unable to continue their offense after they score a GB. Finally!

phoenix1985gr

She doesnt get advtantage but she is safe... I think only 8k will still be unsafe because you can punish with low throws if i remember correctly, but still all her other ones are safe and she gets adv from 46p

Doa_Eater

Ok now the force tech is shortened just to 1p so Tina is close in opponents face so there maybe even be opportunities for psuedo guarantied throws(to tired to test now properly), or just blender guessing but be fast.

Caster Shell

I noticed that during a juggle you can no longer finish on 8p for the guaranteed ground grab. Your opponent can tech once they hit the ground now.

PacManila

To add to using 1P to force tech, if you do a linear move after they tech from this, you'll end up whiffing.

Looks like they also made some last-minute changes. Hooray for another GB with plus frames:

8K: changed disadvantage on guard from GB (-12) to GB (+6F), changed attribute when held from parry to jumping mid kick hold.
(1/22/2013 UPDATE)

phoenix1985gr

To add to using 1P to force tech, if you do a linear move after they tech from this, you'll end up whiffing.

Looks like they also made some last-minute changes. Hooray for another GB with plus frames:

(1/22/2013 UPDATE)

So now 8k from being punishable became advantage? Thats really good!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD