Community Voting now open for DOA Festival NA entrants.

The Dead or Alive Festival voting has been opened up on Big E Gaming's website. It allows one vote per day per person, and the top two voted players will be flown to Tokyo, Japan in order to represent the North American DOA scene in the DOA Festival tournament event.

Be sure to cast your vote at the website, and results are hidden from view so you won't know if who you voted for is winning or not until the official announcement is made at the end of the poll. Below is the official information on the poll:

Big E Gaming said:
We are happy to be a part of the Dead or Alive Festival hosted by KOEI TECMO and Team NINJA. We will be running a poll from now until June 30th 12 midnight PST to find out the top 2 players that you want to compete in Japan. Results will be posted on July 3rd, 2015. You can choose from the following list of the highest ranked players in the Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Battle Royal 2015 tour.

Voting is allowed once a day, so please get your votes in as quickly as possible. The voting box is right on the sidebar, so vote now and spread the word. We want to make sure your favorite players gets to represent North America at this global event.

You can read the full press release here.

(Please note that we have 9 players in the running instead of Top 8 as originally stated. This is due to the fact that XCalibur BladeZ and Accurate are tied for 8th with 6 points total.)

Jaeger +1

No offense to the other top players and the winners, but Jaeger is special and deserves to go to Japan.

edit: also weren't the poll results meant to be hidden? :/

No suprise that Kwiggle and Fox are winning, they are killers man. I don't think Japan is ready for them haha xD

Ill be give a vote to a different person everyday since they are all awesome players.

I still find it pathetic when ppl say Japan is not ready for the US players... They are getting a free pass to top 8 .. meaning they only need to play 2 matches... you call that worthy of being better than all of japan ?
I don't think so...

I'm not saying they wouldn't be able to pull through from the bottom ..
Even though the Japanese play a very different game and they have killers of their own, with characters the US players may not be familiar with at high level mind you.

but making such a claim and dismissing the fact that they get a free pass is .. well .. extremely narrow minded.

like if they lose its like .. hey guess what ? I made top 8 !
please...

I'd also like to point out that the blood bath for the last 3 spots will be after a "single elim" tournament.. not so sure how they're gonna play out the top 8 though but it might end up being with more leniency ... (either 3 out of 5 or double elim .. or both.. )

This is the first time I'm actually going not for the tournament itself .. but to support the community and game only. Hell I might not even enroll in the actual tournament itself this time and just have fun. Cuz frankly, I think the rules are shit.

Last edited:
Both Japan and Korea have amazing players and play styles people here in the U.S. aren't used to, or certain characters like Cow mentioned. Their play is very developed compared to most in the U.S.

But that number is few here and Japan.

Nah, he's got enough fans to get the votes.

I still find it pathetic when ppl say Japan is not ready for the US players... They are getting a free pass to top 8 .. meaning they only need to play 2 matches... you call that worthy of being better than all of japan ?
I don't think so...

I'm not saying they wouldn't be able to pull through from the bottom ..
Even though the Japanese play a very different game and they have killers of their own, with characters the US players may not be familiar with at high level mind you.

but making such a claim and dismissing the fact that they get a free pass is .. well .. extremely narrow minded.

like if they lose its like .. hey guess what ? I made top 8 !
please...

I'd also like to point out that the blood bath for the last 3 spots will be after a "single elim" tournament.. not so sure how they're gonna play out the top 8 though but it might end up being with more leniency ... (either 3 out of 5 or double elim .. or both.. )

This is the first time I'm actually going not for the tournament itself .. but to support the community and game only. Hell I might not even enroll in the actual tournament itself this time and just have fun. Cuz frankly, I think the rules are shit.
^^^ This.

Well, who are the ones most likely to WIN? I appreciate those who might be nice on a personal level or have contributed a lot to the community, but who are the ones most likely to take the win?

Well, who are the ones most likely to WIN? I appreciate those who might be nice on a personal level or have contributed a lot to the community, but who are the ones most likely to take the win?

There are at least 7 players on this list that have a shot at possibly winning this, including myself.

Last edited:

Just for fun, and I really enjoy watching all of these players and believe any of them have a valid chance mind you, but I'll give you my opinion on the 9 possible players:

Best Chance of Winning:
Kwiggle, Sonic Fox, Electrified Mann, Sweet Revenge

Great Chance of Winning:
XCalibur BladeZ, Requiem, and HajinShinobi

Good Chance of Winning:
Jaeger, Accurate

Each player in each category not in any specific order.

I would be proud to have any of them representing America.

Let's keep it honest and keep it real. The votes should be for players who have the best results in tournaments and have shown the highest amount of skill with multiple characters. Some of the top players have only ONE character they use extensively, and while they may place Top 8, they normally don't win. However, there are players who have shown they have the skill to play multiple characters at a high level and win the tournament. That's why I feel Kwiggle, Sonic Fox, Electrified Mann, and XCalibur BladeZ should be getting majority of the votes. I'll giving SweetRevenge an honorable mention, because he has gone overseas before and he has won tournaments as well. Each of the four I listed first have won multiple tournaments and/or placed high and each of them have used multiple characters at high levels. While many people in this community may be tired of seeing the same players on stream and constantly winning, all that should be put aside and the RESULTS should make it easy for people to decide who to vote for.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD