Community Voting now open for DOA Festival NA entrants.

The Dead or Alive Festival voting has been opened up on Big E Gaming's website. It allows one vote per day per person, and the top two voted players will be flown to Tokyo, Japan in order to represent the North American DOA scene in the DOA Festival tournament event.

Be sure to cast your vote at the website, and results are hidden from view so you won't know if who you voted for is winning or not until the official announcement is made at the end of the poll. Below is the official information on the poll:

Big E Gaming said:
We are happy to be a part of the Dead or Alive Festival hosted by KOEI TECMO and Team NINJA. We will be running a poll from now until June 30th 12 midnight PST to find out the top 2 players that you want to compete in Japan. Results will be posted on July 3rd, 2015. You can choose from the following list of the highest ranked players in the Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Battle Royal 2015 tour.

Voting is allowed once a day, so please get your votes in as quickly as possible. The voting box is right on the sidebar, so vote now and spread the word. We want to make sure your favorite players gets to represent North America at this global event.

You can read the full press release here.

(Please note that we have 9 players in the running instead of Top 8 as originally stated. This is due to the fact that XCalibur BladeZ and Accurate are tied for 8th with 6 points total.)

All nine in this list can play more than one character extremely well at high level. People are obviously better at a specific character in their tournament play roster, this has absolutely nothing to do with someone being good or not.

Furthermore, people who place really well at events are still very strong players. You cannot discredit players just because they lose in grand finals. Nothing you or anyone else says otherwise can discredit those players because they are still extremely strong players for placing that high. All nine have played, placed really high and earned their points (and right), which is why we are even on it. Those are your results.

Stop being ignorant, regardless that's not how things work. No one anywhere can say that RZR Xian is bad for losing to Momochi at Capcom Cup for example. When Xian will 99% likely rape virtually anyone not at a high or top level.

Anyway, vote for who you want to vote for, but don't think for a second that you can waltz in and slam down your obnoxious opinion on other people.

(I've hit the ignore button, by the way)

Last edited:
Ah yes, I give an OPINION and the salty one thinks I'm posting it as if I'm stating it as FACT. But I still stand by my statement and I already know whom the best players are based on the overall results. That's who I'm voting for.

Ah yes, I give an OPINION and the salty one thinks I'm posting it as if I'm stating it as FACT. But I still stand by my statement and I already know whom the best players are based on the overall results. That's who I'm voting for.

Because maybe it didn't look like an opinion?

You said "Let's keep it honest and keep it real. The votes should be for players who have the best results in tournaments and have shown the highest amount of skill with multiple characters." I am pretty curious why you would think that.

Look at Master and Sweet Revenge for example. Yes, they have played different characters, but there's no doubt they are the best players with their specific characters. Both players would have a chance of winning in Japan. I know Master is not on the list, but you get what I mean.

You said "Let's keep it honest and keep it real. The votes should be for players who have the best results in tournaments and have shown the highest amount of skill with multiple characters." I am pretty curious why you would think that.
I'll be gladly to tell you why I think that. Part of the reason why I wanted to come out to tournaments was because newer and younger players were competing and winning. Guys close to my age winning and showing their skill with multiple characters. That's an enjoyable experience to me as a viewer. Of course we all have that character we automatically pull out when we need to win, such as the McLean brothers using Christie or BladeZ using Alpha. But the fact that the four I mention have used multiple characters at high level and have won tournaments with a variety of characters shows their versatility as competitors.

This isn't to knock those players who are arguably the BEST with the characters they use, such as Hajin with Ayane, SR with Gen Fu, etc., however, the new generation of Fighters are here and kicking ass in these tournaments. A lot of the older players are retired and don't even keep up with the game anymore. Why not send fresh blood overseas and show other countries why we consider these youngsters the best at the game? But again, that's just my opinion.

you cant vote for the EU players yet. i know with Australia they're having a qualifyer tournament for one of the EU spots. Dont know how theyre doing the other one. I'd assume its going to be a tournament as well. Gehaktbal is most likely gonna claim one of the spots. Not too familiar with the austrailian players.

you cant vote for the EU players yet. i know with Australia they're having a qualifyer tournament for one of the EU spots. Dont know how theyre doing the other one. I'd assume its going to be a tournament as well. Gehaktbal is most likely gonna claim one of the spots. Not too familiar with the austrailian players.

It's all very vague, but Gehaktbal is definitely the best player in Europe. I have no idea how they're gonna do it, but he should go.

Jaegar showed some beautiful play at ECT and he deserves more attention because of it. Hope he makes it though it is looking a little difficult lol.

SR is a good guy and does deserve to be there, but he's already been able to travel abroad for DoA before. My vote is less about sending someone that can stomp all comers and more about affording someone the opportunity to rep us that hasn't had that opportunity previously. Helps that Jaeger has some seriously stylish gameplay.

In any case, I continue to vote each day and you should all do the same. Whoever gets to go deserves it and I'm proud to say I know and have met nearly everyone on the list. We have a great community when keyboards aren't involved.

I'm giving Kwiggle my votes, he's a great player, and has been very friendly at all the tournaments I've made it out to. It helps that he plays both of my characters.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD