Media Warrior's Wrath: A Leon Match Video Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
Great stuff, Fork. Wish I could say that I enjoyed Tag as well (I can't).

I saw you at 1:17 in the third video. You tried to do an air throw with Bayman, didn't you?

KidArk

Been playing Tag exclusively for the past few days and have to say im enjoying more than Solo, Heres a couple of my matches with my Leon X Bayman team

[Awesome]

After watching your tag videos i was inspired to make a combo , in tag

Bayman :3::P::P::6::K::P: :7::P+K::H+P+K: Leon :8::P::P::P: :H+P+K:Bayman:3::P::P::6::K::P: :H+P+K: Leon :3::P::K: :H+P+K: Bayman :6::P::P::K: :H+P+K: Leon :8::P: :2::H+P: :426::H+P: like 239 on CT with a pretty average burst start with bayman , i'm sure if you get a nice burst set up you could kill, especially in home LOL

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Alright, got back on DOA, had some good matches (mostly some bad ones) but I saved some worth keeping.

I wish Leon had some crazy string height mixups like Hitomi.

It's gonna be a good match when you start off with a Great (may have been why I saved this one).

They. Never. Learn.

Nothing feels much better than finishing a round with a Counter or Higher walled 6T, except for the kind of shenanigans that happen in the third match.
I'll be honest, I was scared whenever this guy got a 4T on me (we played each other a good number of games). Due to lag kept messing up the Tech but he still didn't know he could 2T me if I didn't tech.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Looks like the glitch has been updated so it isn't as boring as it as in vanilla.

Anyway, I AM STAIR MASTER (kinda).

I finally started to add Desert Falcon to my repertoire of overkill match enders.
And with this match I now call all Leons to participate in the "Around the World Challenge," Simply enough, get all four air throws in one match. I may or may not have done it in this match.

Just an intense match as a result of some wicked lag.

This person is a B rank? And I fell for those terribad scrub tactics? I don't know who I should be ashamed for (Leon is so strong his 1Ps break billboards).

In Ranked no one can hear you screaming (as your inputs get lost or absolutely screed up because of spikes). And I still can't consistently get Leon's PB after CB because of how long the animation is to get to the actual PB.

Final note, sunglasses should be an option when using random outfits.

Last edited:

PJudge

Your Leon looks pretty good to me! It does look like you have a similar problem to me in that your offense kinda dies suddenly, like you're almost not going to bother attacking because she is faster than you. I would say that most of that match seemed pretty solid, but there was a couple of times where you went for 9P after a ground mount or a knockdown when you could have done 2K and then follow with 2T. It's a neat little trick that can net you a few more points of easy damage while they're on the floor, as 2K to a waking up opponent will override the wakeup kick most of the time (at least it does when I do it).

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
It does look like you have a similar problem to me in that your offense kinda dies suddenly, like you're almost not going to bother attacking because she is faster than you.

I can say that the freeze up at 0:45 was due to a dropped input. After the 1P, I tried to do a WR K, but nothing happened and I was slow to react to the dead input.

I would say that most of that match seemed pretty solid, but there was a couple of times where you went for 9P after a ground mount or a knockdown when you could have done 2K and then follow with 2T. It's a neat little trick that can net you a few more points of easy damage while they're on the floor, as 2K to a waking up opponent will override the wakeup kick most of the time (at least it does when I do it).

I know that 2K beats wakeups, but does it really guarantee a followup 2T? If so, I had no idea and I'll have to remember to try that out.

PJudge

After testing it a bit, it doesn't guarantee a 2T so I'm not sure what I was thinking with that, but it doesn't hurt to anger the opponent a little!

Brute

Standard Donor
First night back home. Couldn't resist whooping some ass with Leon.

@Forlorn Penguin Leon really is a mind games character, so it's hard to give feedback since his tactics revolve entirely on reading your opponent and shutting them down with your highest damage output possible. But you seem to be doing alright. Like PJudge said, I'd just focus on being a little more rushdown-y. Like at the end of round 2 into round 3. Be like that, but all the time. Hardest point for Leon is always match start. If you get the proper read there, just go into that blitzkrieg nonsense like you did. People's heads will spin. Shit's scary.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD