Well its official Irene will never be playable

P2p1mbs

But....she is canon, right..?:( I love Naotora, i'd die a little inside if she didn't return in DOA6. I've invested so much time in her.(If i don't respond, don't be surprised. My phone was snatched away and i'm using school PCs.)

Her backstory of time travel to explain her appearance in the game was already used to explain Nicole's appearance in doa4 and she didn't come back. Granted, she is from a third party franchise. I personally don't think (and hope) she doesn't come back, that way, they can model her playstyle into an original character ...like maybe Niki or Irene?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Her backstory of time travel to explain her appearance in the game was already used to explain Nicole's appearance in doa4 and she didn't come back. Granted, she is from a third party franchise. I personally don't think (and hope) she doesn't come back, that way, they can model her playstyle into an original character ...like maybe Niki or Irene?
No way! I refuse to play a Naotora knockoff XD. I love her, Niki and Irene will never replace her style.

Xhominid The Demon Within

There is no retcon on this particular subject, and this has actually already been done in DOA 5 by Rig. A retcon would imply that they were changing what was done in the past and re-writing the story to a different end. That would be DOAD's storyline, which was full of retcon. Luckily DOAD is not considered canon. Re-activating epsilon wouldn't change the fact that their initial attempts were a failure, therefore not a retcon.

When was DOAD's storyline considered non-canon? I'll be happy if that's the case(because it's one thing to make Ryu more involved in the story, it's another to basically make Kasumi and Ayane's main moments be turned into the Ryu Hayabusa Show and make Genra an evil bastard than a mind-controlled shinobi who couldn't stop himself).

I can see where you are going with this...so I'll take it and hope for something. Poor bastard needs all the help he can get.

Argentus

Eh I wouldn't have minded if she got an original military fighting style but we know she would just be anothermoveset clone so whatever.

Id still rather have Nicole back

Radiance

If Zack can be a self taught muy thai master and beat Tina who has been training her whole life as a pro wrestler, Irene can kick ass in Ninja Gaiden. It's the DOA universe, nothing is impossible lol

Dark-truth

If Zack can be a self taught muy thai master and beat Tina who has been training her whole life as a pro wrestler, Irene can kick ass in Ninja Gaiden. It's the DOA universe, nothing is impossible lol
Lol Irene can't even defend herself against Christie who haven't even won one fight in DOA5 story

Radiance

You seriously believe Ayane actually lost and didn't sandbag there? I mean if it was Hitomi sure but I doubt Eliot.

You guys are underestimating the characters in the DOA series too much. Ayane is a Ninja, but Eliot has been trained by a master since he was a kid. It's definitely possible.

Dark-truth

You guys are underestimating the characters in the DOA series too much. Ayane is a Ninja, but Eliot has been trained by a master since he was a kid. It's definitely possible.
Ayane was trained by a master since she was a child too, and she had a harder training than him.

Radiance

Doesn't mean she'll be a better fighter. Like I said, it's the DOA universe, anything is possible. Jann Lee taught himself how to fight by watching Bruce Lee movies and he won a tournament; he beat Hitomi who was trained by her father which is a Karate master.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD