Well its official Irene will never be playable

Dark-truth

Doesn't mean she'll be a better fighter. Like I said, it's the DOA universe, anything is possible. Jann Lee taught himself how to fight by watching Bruce Lee movies and he won a tournament; he beat Hitomi who was trained by her father which is a Karate master.
Lol Jann Lee only won because rig,the ninja's bayman and Leon didn't participated. Ayane would've kicked Jann lee's ass. And Jann Lee basically got disqualified since he left before he could even get his prize. Just to get drunk and salty because he lost to his crush rig

Radiance

Lol Jann Lee only won because rig,the ninja's bayman and Leon didn't participated. Ayane would've kicked Jann lee's ass. And Jann Lee basically got disqualified since he left before he could even get his prize. Just to get drunk and salty because he lost to his crush rig

There's no way to gauge who's stronger than who other than canon story modes. Bayman is a tough call on winning since Helena defeated him in DOA4 which is why he's kind of her henchman in DOA5. Zack defeated Tina, and supposedly defeated Jann Lee, both of those events occurred outside of the DOA tournament. Kasumi is undefeated with the exception of Hayabusa. Hitomi lost to Jann Lee but Hitomi was able to keep up with Hayate in her fight against him in story mode. Ninja's are OP with there abilities, but in hand to hand, other than Hayabusa and Kasumi they can be defeated or at least rivaled.

Back to the original topic which is Irene, anything is possible in the DOA universe which is the point I was trying to make. If you can have two self taught masters (one who won a tournament) then if TN ever decided to write a story for her, they could.

Last edited:

Sotherius

There's no way to gauge who's stronger than who other than canon story modes
You can add the Ninja Gaiden feats to Ayane though, and while yeah, there she is using weapons, and ninpo, it is safe to say that some momments in DOA required the ninjas to use their entire arsenal. Besides that, ninjas are boderline superhuman in the NG/DOA universe, with Ryu being actually super human due to his dragon lineage. But we have Kasumi, a ninja that at 17 was able to keep it up with a Ninja that was genetically modified by DOAtec, and Ayane doing the same at 16.

I can see dudes like Eliot or Hitomi or Jann Lee having a chance against the ninjas in a fair martial arts tournament fight where the ninjas wouldn't use their powers, but it is still something that would not happen very often.

P2p1mbs

The ninjas realistically shouldn't compete in DOA at all, they use ninpo abilities, powers, and techniques that are far out of the range of the other fighters.

By that logic, Rachel shouldn't compete as well, after all, she canonically has superhuman strength. Same goes with Nyotengu (though she's not officially in the tournament unlike Rachel whose backstory specifically stated that she joined).

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
The only one using ninpo in his fights is hayabusa just sayin'.
You sure Brad? Hayatole uses that wind like sonic teleport thing, Kasumi teleports behind her opponent, and Ayane uses ninpo in her cliffhanger moves like the other ninjas do. Idk though, maybe they are aware they could kill if not careful so they kind of control their ninpo to avoid any accidental murder

Dark-truth

You sure Brad? Hayatole uses that wind like sonic teleport thing, Kasumi teleports behind her opponent, and Ayane uses ninpo in her cliffhanger moves like the other ninjas do. Idk though, maybe they are aware they could kill if not careful so they kind of control their ninpo to avoid any accidental murder
That's not ninpo that's their skill. Ninpo is like ryu's fireball.
Ninpo (忍法 Ninpou, Ninja Arts) are the spiritual and mental arts of the Ninja, performed through techniques, normally accompanied by hand motions and chanting. It is a spiritual power that only highly trained Ninja can use. These arts are so powerful that an inexperienced Ninja would be overcome by their own spell, and require a mastery of the user's ki to cast.

Last edited:

gamemaster14

I could remember when Team Ninja said there would never be paid dlc characters for DOA5 but that changed. So I basically say, Never say never.

Sotherius

That's not ninpo that's their skill. Ninpo is like ryu's fireball.
Ninpo (忍法 Ninpou, Ninja Arts) are the spiritual and mental arts of the Ninja, performed through techniques, normally accompanied by hand motions and chanting. It is a spiritual power that only highly trained Ninja can use. These arts are so powerful that an inexperienced Ninja would be overcome by their own spell, and require a mastery of the user's ki to cast.

Well, while Ryu uses Piercing Void on his power blow, this is more just fanservice than game canon,since using piercing void = death.

But during the DOA series, we have a bunch of canon moments of the characters using ninpos, like kasumi vs raidou in the torn sky blast duel, or with Ayane at the end of DOA 4 using her ninpo to clean the enemies, or Ryu using piercing void to take down enemy helicopters and drones in DOA 4 and DOA 5.

Dark-truth

Well, while Ryu uses Piercing Void on his power blow, this is more just fanservice than game canon,since using piercing void = death.

But during the DOA series, we have a bunch of canon moments of the characters using ninpos, like kasumi vs raidou in the torn sky blast duel, or with Ayane at the end of DOA 4 using her ninpo to clean the enemies, or Ryu using piercing void to take down enemy helicopters and drones in DOA 4 and DOA 5.
Yes but is that in actual combat vs the competitors ?

are we discussing the DOA series or the Ninpo ? And those were more NG moments than actual DOA moments. Hayabusa is the only one who uses an actual Ninpo in battle. Unlike the other ninja's.

Sotherius

Yes but is that in actual combat vs the competitors ?

are we discussing the DOA series or the Ninpo ? And those were more NG moments than actual DOA moments. Hayabusa is the only one who uses an actual Ninpo in battle. Unlike the other ninja's.
In an actual combat vs the competitors, ryu would be the first to hold back at all, there is no evidence of him using a ninpo against someone in the DOA tournaments he participated.
The same for the other ninjas.

Dark-truth

In an actual combat vs the competitors, ryu would be the first to hold back at all, there is no evidence of him using a ninpo against someone in the DOA tournaments he participated.
The same for the other ninjas.
I was talking about the game play not the story.

Radiance

You can add the Ninja Gaiden feats to Ayane though, and while yeah, there she is using weapons, and ninpo, it is safe to say that some momments in DOA required the ninjas to use their entire arsenal. Besides that, ninjas are boderline superhuman in the NG/DOA universe, with Ryu being actually super human due to his dragon lineage. But we have Kasumi, a ninja that at 17 was able to keep it up with a Ninja that was genetically modified by DOAtec, and Ayane doing the same at 16.

I can see dudes like Eliot or Hitomi or Jann Lee having a chance against the ninjas in a fair martial arts tournament fight where the ninjas wouldn't use their powers, but it is still something that would not happen very often.

I think anyone can practically hold there own against anyone except Hayabusa and Kasumi. Hayate was defeated but Rig which led to his capture and Rig taught himself Tae Kwon Do lol. Then he got his ass kicked by Kasumi. I don't know where Ayane stands, because I don't think she's ever participated in any tournament; she just chases after Kasumi and gets raped, but I wouldn't surprised if someone like Hitomi is in league with her.

If someone can be self taught and capture the leader of a Ninja clan, Irene can be made into a playable character. It's up to mostly the fan base if they want that to happen.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
There's no way to gauge who's stronger than who other than canon story modes. Bayman is a tough call on winning since Helena defeated him in DOA4 which is why he's kind of her henchman in DOA5. Zack defeated Tina, and supposedly defeated Jann Lee, both of those events occurred outside of the DOA tournament. Kasumi is undefeated with the exception of Hayabusa. Hitomi lost to Jann Lee but Hitomi was able to keep up with Hayate in her fight against him in story mode. Ninja's are OP with there abilities, but in hand to hand, other than Hayabusa and Kasumi they can be defeated or at least rivaled.

Back to the original topic which is Irene, anything is possible in the DOA universe which is the point I was trying to make. If you can have two self taught masters (one who won a tournament) then if TN ever decided to write a story for her, they could.

Bayman was never "beaten" by Helena persay, he merely "tested her resolve". If we took the outcome of the in-game matches at face value this would also mean that Eliot is superior to Genfu. Clearly, not the case.

Sotherius

I don't know where Ayane stands, because I don't think she's ever participated in any tournament;
She won the third tournament, at least is what i can find from research.

And she, before dimensions, defeated Genra alone in DOA 3, in dimensions she is helped by Ryu Hayabusa and Hayate.(can someone confirm me which one is the actual canon please?)

She is also now the master of the hajinmon sect of her village.

And if we add Ninja Gaiden feats (and considering that Ninja gaiden/black/Sigma and Ninja Gaiden 2/Sigma 2 happen before the very first Dead or Alive game, and NG3RE, that is either between doa 4 and 5 or shortly after DOA). She, before the first 4 tournaments also has the feat of killing a greater fiend (that got resurrected later, but those are fiends for you).

So, she is pretty strong actually, and if you think that Kasumi is probably a better fighter/ninja (not much i would say), things get crazy.

Dark-truth

She won the third tournament, at least is what i can find from research.

And she, before dimensions, defeated Genra alone in DOA 3, in dimensions she is helped by Ryu Hayabusa and Hayate.(can someone confirm me which one is the actual canon please?)

She is also now the master of the hajinmon sect of her village.

And if we add Ninja Gaiden feats (and considering that Ninja gaiden/black/Sigma and Ninja Gaiden 2/Sigma 2 happen before the very first Dead or Alive game, and NG3RE, that is either between doa 4 and 5 or shortly after DOA). She, before the first 4 tournaments also has the feat of killing a greater fiend (that got resurrected later, but those are fiends for you).

So, she is pretty strong actually, and if you think that Kasumi is probably a better fighter/ninja (not much i would say), things get crazy.
Kasumi never really got the chance in NG, yeah she was a DLC character but that's it she never appeared in the story.

Also I highly doubt that it's after DOA5 because Kasumi and Ayane made up at the end of the story mode.
I think anyone can practically hold there own against anyone except Hayabusa and Kasumi. Hayate was defeated but Rig which led to his capture and Rig taught himself Tae Kwon Do lol. Then he got his ass kicked by Kasumi. I don't know where Ayane stands, because I don't think she's ever participated in any tournament; she just chases after Kasumi and gets raped, but I wouldn't surprised if someone like Hitomi is in league with her.

If someone can be self taught and capture the leader of a Ninja clan, Irene can be made into a playable character. It's up to mostly the fan base if they want that to happen.
Ayane never got raped
Rig never beat Hayate, Hayate beat rig and was captured by beams of light. And sorry but your post was awful because you twisted the story.

Radiance

Bayman was never "beaten" by Helena persay, he merely "tested her resolve". If we took the outcome of the in-game matches at face value this would also mean that Eliot is superior to Genfu. Clearly, not the case.

Makes sense, I never took into account Eliot vs Gen Fu because I thought in DOA4 nothing was canon other than what happens in Helena's ending. Unless you were speaking about DOA5, then for sure Eliot is not more superior.

Kasumi never really got the chance in NG, yeah she was a DLC character but that's it she never appeared in the story.

Also I highly doubt that it's after DOA5 because Kasumi and Ayane made up at the end of the story mode.

Ayane never got raped
Rig never beat Hayate, Hayate beat rig and was captured by beams of light. And sorry but your post was awful because you twisted the story.

The story isn't very clear cut on Hayate vs Rig, but if I remember during the cut-scenes Hayate was panting out of breath barely standing Rig was smirking at him then he was captured. I guess to be fair it doesn't say who won or lost, but Rig looked fine to me. Kasumi shows up and defeats Rig. As far as Ayane in DOA, to clarify her getting raped I meant her continuous losing streak versus the undefeated Kasumi.

As far as the story goes I don't really care, my initial point was if there can be characters in DOA that're self taught professional fighters and defeat characters who were taught by masters then Irene could be playable. I'm not saying she needs to be in league with then the ninja's, that's ridiculous lol.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD