Who's your favorite DOA character¿ and why¿

Renarism

Tina and Leifang are my favorites.

They closely resemble myself out of the entire cast I suppose ;)
...by resemble I mean personality wise.

Darth Lotonic X

Bass because I used to watch WWE a while back and I maintain a vague interest in professional wrestling. I also hold a soft spot for Ayane because she was the first character I was any good with in DoaU.

Xion

My favorite is Kokoro. I like her fighting style, her looks and enjoy using her. There's really isn't much to it besides that.

Pupi18

Kokoro is my main. Love her style (Fighting and visuals) and overall her personality seems nice.
Hitomi: She was my main before Kokoro. Like the style and her energetic personality.
Christie: Look at DOA3 and DOA4 endings and you know why.

UnD34D

Bass because I used to watch WWE a while back and I maintain a vague interest in professional wrestling. I also hold a soft spot for Ayane because she was the first character I was any good with in DoaU.
Are you as psyched as I am about Tina getting the "Go to Sleep?"

Zeo

:ein:

All day, everyday. He was the second character for me to ever get my hands on when I first played the DOA2 demo over a decade ago when I first discovered DOA and he's always been one of my favorite characters until he eventually trumped everyone else and became my #1. I love the guy's playstyle, outfits (for the most part) and while he didn't have too much of a personality I always thought he was cooler than Hayate. He's been one of my mains (and eventually THE main) in DOA2 and 4 and he continues to be my main today. All I can do is hope that he's a surprise reveal or DLC in DOA5. Ein for life.

:hitomi:

She's always been one of my favorites and for a time she was my #1. When I saw Ein didn't come back for DOA3 (Until finding out he was a secret char years later) I saw Hitomi and immediately fell in love, she's just like Ein with a few good twists, and a likeable character. She was my main in 3 and for a time my main in 4. Her personality got a little too bubbly for me in 4 but she's still my 2nd favorite character and I'll be going back to maining her in 5 since it looks like the big dog will be absent.

:kasumi:

The first character I ever played in DOA and for a long time she was my favorite. I mained her in both 2 and 3 but lost interest in her when 4 came along. I lost a bit of love for her and the rest of the ninjas when I saw how frequently they were being used but she still holds a solid place in my heart as my very first character along with my very first main. I might just be going back to her in 5, ironically as my 3rd character. We'll just have to see what happens.

I have some others but those are the most notable.

Ooobe

I've played (and lost with) Tina more than any other character, so she should be mentioned first. Favourites are probably Helena and Kokoro, but Leifang is the one that I always come back to. I think she may just fit me better than other other character, regardless of whom I'd like to choose. I actually feel somewhat guilty for not just saying Fang and maining her. Xb

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Are you as psyched as I am about Tina getting the "Go to Sleep?"

I was 1 of the winners in the make your move contest. I suggested Bass get a fireman's carry combo throw with three combo throw options: 1. Barrett Barrage, 2. Attitude Adjustment, 3. Go To Sleep. Each one positions the opponent in a different ground position for pickup. They apparently gave the GTS to Tina as a neutral grab only for CT and HCT, so I'm curious about the third move to my suggestion. I presume the F5.

Oh and I'm told that his neutral grab has been named the "Bass Bottom ". :)

TRI Mike

:ein:

All day, everyday. He was the second character for me to ever get my hands on when I first played the DOA2 demo over a decade ago when I first discovered DOA and he's always been one of my favorite characters until he eventually trumped everyone else and became my #1. I love the guy's playstyle, outfits (for the most part) and while he didn't have too much of a personality I always thought he was cooler than Hayate. He's been one of my mains (and eventually THE main) in DOA2 and 4 and he continues to be my main today. All I can do is hope that he's a surprise reveal or DLC in DOA5. Ein for life.

Ein's not in the game bro ):

DyByHands

My long time fave is Hayabusa.

But, as of DOA4-DOAD I'd say Eliot. Though, I normaly play with random select, I like all the characters.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm probably the only person you'll ever hear this from, but my favorite character is Gohyakumine Bankotsubo, who is for some reason labeled in-game as "Tengu", which bugs the hell out of me.

He's the very cliche "I want to destroy everything" villain, but I just love him. I love his crazy Tengu-do style, and the complete brutality he shows for his human opponents with his throws and holds, swinging them through the air and slamming them violently on the ground. His 41236F+P, 9PF+P, air throw, 2F+P, 3F+P, jumping punch hold, jumping kick hold, and low kick hold are all deliciously brutal, and his 8P+K on an opponent who's on the ground is definitely the coolest in the game.

I love his voice too, it just sounds awesome. I love hearing him laugh as he thrashes his opponent helplessly through the air by their head with his aforementioned 41236F+P and 9PF+P throws. His winning quotes are neat too. "Oh, the unlabored flawlessness of my being", "I have purified and cleansed the land", "A blood red flower blooms over your corpse". As are his intro quotes "I refute your existence", "You impudent fool", and my favorite intro quote in the game, "How unfortunate".

I like his whole tengu attire too, with the small cap, pom-pom sash, one-toothed getas, and his fan. I just find him to be an overall pretty cool character. I mean how many other games out there let you play as a tengu? Also, that beard.

Some of my other favorites would be Leon and Brad Wong. I like Leon because he's just a badass destroying people with his Sambo skills. He doesn't even do by-the-book Sambo, but instead does his own completely brutal "I don't give a shit" style. His outfits have always been among the coolest in the series too. I like Brad because Zui Quan is one of my favorite fighting styles, though I dislike the cliche of making Zui Quan practitioners actually be intoxicated when fighting.

Codemaster92163

Helena. She's not the generic "I have to do _____ for my honor" or "I'm a cute little polite girl who wishes to help everyone!" type of character we always tend to see. She's pissed off at the world and doesn't care who she kills, but she's not evil nor good. She's a neutral (and beautiful) character who fights with elegance and reaches her goals with sheer brutality. Plus, her JP voice actor has an absolutely beautiful voice as well. What's not to love?

x Sypher x

I have played with quite a few characters throughout the years, but I never really had a favorite. I like Hayabusa because he's the most badass ninja ever, Kasumi because she's beautiful yet deadly, Ein for his simple yet effective playstyle and cool personality. But if I had to pick an all time favorite, it would be this mofo right here :jannlee:
Out of all the fighting games I've played, he most closely resembles the iconic Bruce Lee more than any other character. It's a shame his original VA did not stick around though, his voice was icing the cake.

Long story short, Jan Lee = Swag...enough said lol.

SilverForte

Ryu is my favorite, mainly from the ninja gaiden series. Awesome character.

2nd fav is probably hitomi, just love her character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD