Why is Lisa white now?

MrMoon360

View attachment 359 all the confidence you need dude! Hahaa!

Thats a man. You should be shot.

DOA5 is a Japanese produced game, and the Japanese typically don't find Brown skinned women very appealing. That's why Vanessa got the bleach treatment in VF5, why Elena looks nothing like Kenyan girl, and why Sheva is so much lighter than the infected villagers she has to kill. The last time there was a brown skinned chick in a Japanese made fighting game was Grace in Fighting Vipers. The other 'Morenas' in fighting games are also 'light skinned'.

It's not really that surprising that the Japanese try to make these characters look more White; The Japanese White wash themselves. Most of the characters in any given anime/manga or Japanese produced video game who are supposed to be Asian look White. Most( if not all) of the White characters in any given fighting game are intentionally blonde. The contrast of blonde hair makes the Asian characters appear more Asian. This makes it easier for the game designers to make the Asian characters look more like Westerners in terms of face and build.

Having a light skin tone character from the start is different from having a brown skin tone character and then bleaching them to make them a lot lighter. Brown skin folks regardless of ethnicity generally frown upon bleaching. Sammy Sosa thought it would be cool to bleach his skin...he didn't really expect the U.S. and Dominican media to dig into him so badly, and fans to express so much anger. There was a huge negative backlash in India over a skin bleaching commercial. When the Jamaican musician Vybz Kartel bleached his skin, it was basically open season for all of the other Dancehall artists to insult him. A lot of people just don't like bleaching.

Brown skin shows up better in light than lighter skin. It's why Brown skinned theater actors wear less stage make-up than their light/white skinned counter parts. It's also why White body builders essentially paint themselves brown. This also holds true in 3-D computer graphics. It's easy for a light color under a light source to get a washed out look compared to a darker color.

Yes.

MrMoon360

:( But seriously, I'm sure he knew that... I mean, come on.

I was making tea.

Edit:
Most of the characters in any given anime/manga or Japanese produced video game who are supposed to be Asian look White.
Prime examples.

Karin Kanzuki (from a Japanese family?)​
KarinSFA3.jpg
Rainbow Mika​
RMika.jpg
The entire cast of Naruto.
1422468370_5e07fd0663_o.jpg

Baron West

-You are correct, but im not talking about lighting, but shadowing. With shadowing the opposite effect happen with people of darker skin tones. you lose more detail as opposed to a lighter complextion.

I don't understand what you mean by the term "shadowing". Shadows are the absence of light are they not?

KwonJigglypuff

It kinda looks like Lisa's DOA 5 model was a bit influenced by French-African supermodel Sonia Rolland.
http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/celebri...onia-rolland-fan-club-album-20727566.html#p25

I'm not sure they really know her, she is neither a good actress, neither a well-known model. She used to be Miss France, but it's a bit old now. But yeah, Lisa always remind me of her.

Another example is Jade. No one complains about her, but she has almost the same skin color as Lisa.
90x55x2-Jademk9render.png

Lobo

It's not just Japan. All of Asia has an obession with whiteness. Everywhere from Korea to India you see girls doing all kinds of bleaching and other treatments to get their skin as white as possible.

It's gotten really bad here in China. Its been 90F/32C or hotter almost everyday for the past month now, yet you have girls who are carrying around these gay umbrellas (i guess they're called parasols) or wearing long sleeves because they are afraid to expose their skin to the sun for even a minute. I had a friend who forgot her umbrella one day, and was literally sprinting from shadow to shadow. Like, on some full on vampire shit.

They even invented this thing called a face-kini for people who want to go to the beach, but don't want any kind of tan
1345420546228.cached.jpg

Down-right dumb if you ask me. I mean, why even bother going to the beach then...

And it's even dumber once you realize the complete opposite is true for the western world, where girls spend hours in tanning salons and whatnot. Crazy world we live in...

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Thats scary. Wouldnt it be hotter wearing that than just wearing a bathing suit. And you lose the luxury of enjoying the water, the sand, the environment.

Batcommander

ahaha, I love Mariposa's design, but she probably has the dumbest backstory I've ever come across in a fighting game.

Black Dragon

It's not just Japan. All of Asia has an obession with whiteness. Everywhere from Korea to India you see girls doing all kinds of bleaching and other treatments to get their skin as white as possible.

It's gotten really bad here in China. Its been 90F/32C or hotter almost everyday for the past month now, yet you have girls who are carrying around these gay umbrellas (i guess they're called parasols) or wearing long sleeves because they are afraid to expose their skin to the sun for even a minute. I had a friend who forgot her umbrella one day, and was literally sprinting from shadow to shadow. Like, on some full on vampire shit.

They even invented this thing called a face-kini for people who want to go to the beach, but don't want any kind of tan
1345420546228.cached.jpg

Down-right dumb if you ask me. I mean, why even bother going to the beach then...

And it's even dumber once you realize the complete opposite is true for the western world, where girls spend hours in tanning salons and whatnot. Crazy world we live in...
All the gangstas are on the internet, and all the nerds say that they're from the streets.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD