Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

Brute

Standard Donor
"Inafune likens the relationship between arch rival ninjas Yaiba and Ryu Hayabusa, who players will face in the Ninja Gaiden spin-off, is influenced by the rivalry of Dragonball's Goku and Vegeta, two immensely powerful fighters.
Goku is the ultimate fighter, but Vegeta always thinks he can beat him," Inafune said, "but always loses." Who's who, in this case, we don't yet know."

^Cute joke

X51

I'm giving it a try. I really like the "fun" way it's suppose to take this game, kinda remind me of the new Splatterhouse.

bingsoo

"My strength comes from training, not from some curse in my blood."
-Ryu Hayabusa, Ninja Gaiden.

Goku can GTFO.

Brute

Standard Donor
"My strength comes from training, not from some curse in my blood."
-Ryu Hayabusa, Ninja Gaiden.

Goku can GTFO.
Well, it should be remembered that he was actually wrong, and that his "cursed" dragon-blood is responsible for much of his power.

bingsoo

Well, it should be remembered that he was actually wrong, and that his "cursed" dragon-blood is responsible for much of his power.
Oh really? I had no memory of that detail. I admit, I never understand much of what was going on in the story despite countless play-throughs.

Brute

Standard Donor
Oh really? I had no memory of that detail. I admit, I never understand much of what was going on in the story despite countless play-throughs.
Remember when he gets all blue and smurfy-lookin' after defeating Doku's second, ghostly form? He was being turned into a fiend, which is only possible if you have cursed blood (he retains his free will and cognition because of the power of the True Dragon Sword protecting him).

Kronin

This is thought to be a spin-off of the series, not just because you play in the NG world with a chracter that is not Ryu, but overall for the mechanics of the gameplay.

I expected to see big differences from the NG trilogy, and I'm really curious to see the final outcome.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Same,I'm actually more interested in the NG's universe expansion than the gameplay to be honest,just as long as the Ryu's fight is good because that's honestly all I'm expectiñg.i do hope it gets harder though,a game can still be diffucult withou being like NG and I think it would help justify its name even if it is just a spinoff .

synce

Man there seems to be absolutely no hype for this game (just check out how lively the gamefaqs board is)... Not sure if it's due to an American studio developing it or the damage caused by NG3. I wonder if its failure will have any impact on NG4, like maybe Tecmo putting it off a few years.

Ghosty-J

I'm actually pretty excited about it. According to a Tweet, TN should be releasing a trailer during E3. Looking forward to it, so until then, I'm enjoying the crap out of Razor's Edge : P

bingsoo

Not to be bashing on the game at this point in the development process, but it seems to be riddled with QTE's and has almost nothing to do with Ninja Gaiden. I wish they didn't put the Ninja Gaiden name in the title because I have a feeling it won't be able to live up to it. And Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate stole whatever thunder Yaiba pretended to have.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'll keep on the lookout for anything interesting, but nothing they've shared/revealed has appealed to me at all (aside from seeing that sex-monster Hayabusa for about half a second in the original teaser).

In other words: I really don't give a shit.

Ghosty-J

OH LAWD, YAIBA JUST TURNED INTO MADWORLD!

"Honor and death goes together like hot sauce and my balls."
*freaking sold*

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm looking forward to playing this. And looking forward to getting my hands on that sick track : P

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD