Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

PureYeti

Haha screw that. Time for bad guys to win!

Well I like his personalty better from the first trailer :cool: I can't wait how the final battle is like

Ghosty-J

Very cool but I would throw my 360 and PS3 controller through the window If TN let Ryu die in this game.
Same goes for the rest of us. TN made some mistakes in the past, but they can't be stupid enough to kill off their most popular character even in a spin-off. The amount of alarms going off at the speculation of Ryu losing to another ninja in battle would be unimaginable.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
people keep comparing it to how they killed off Alex Mercer in Prototype 2 and i keep wanting to smack them for their stupidity.Alex was an unsympathetic anti-hero that couldn't walk five steps without killing an innocent person and was only in one game.Ryu holds a legacy and is closer to Snake and Kratos,you don't just kill them off especially not in a little side game.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Here's a second Outbreak trailer. Not very much relating to the gameplay, but still a little interesting to know about the process of building the game.

Oh yeah, the official site's gone live too.
http://teamninja-studio.com/teamninja/yaiba/

I like how they mention most questions come from over seas. Well, duh, we support you more than the Japanese players! Hello! With Team Ninja sometimes I just want to take over their social media and really teach them how to market properly.

One other thing that I'm not sure I am comfortable with is Yaiba. His character seems overly Duke Nukem to me. There is nothing wrong with being raunchy, but it feels a little too thrown in my face; like I'm an idiot and I can't tell that he's a dark guy and I need to hear "balls" and "bitch" for it be solidified.

I think the trailer actually looked really good. The game looks fun, colorful and it's something new to look forward to. But the way they are marketing this video game... don't like it.

bingsoo

Looking forward to feedback from the E3 demo. I read somewhere that the combat had a ton of QTE's...

bingsoo

It's Capcom mixed with modern TN. Of course it does.
The game is being developed by Spark, if that means anything. TN should remember the response it received for all the QTE's in NG3 vanilla, so hopefully they'll steer clear of that route..

Kensei25

Have to say that, though it looks mildly cool, I am pretty unimpressed by what I see so far from Yaiba. So far, very little about it looks that appealing to me. Hopefully the E3 impressions will be good. I kinda of feel though that the Ninja Gaiden name should not have been attached to the game---it should just be it's own thing. It does not fit NG at all to me.

The art style is cool but honestly, for this kind of visual style, I am much more excited/intrigued for the upcoming Killer is Dead.

Ghosty-J

The intro for the game along with a 30 second snippet of gameplay:

Quality for the intro was a little too choppy for my taste, but tolerable. And I'm freaking LOVING this art style to boot. Made seeing Ryu take down Yaiba all the more cooler.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
a lot closer than i thought Ryu was barley able to stand after that fight.

"nice gimp suit Hayabusa, where's your ball gag?" XD
ok im a HUGE fan of Ryu but this guy is starting to grow on me

Ghosty-J

Updated the opening in the previous post with a higher quality upload that isn't choppy. You'll have to bear with the Machinima watermark though XD

All of the off screen footage of the Yaiba demo so far. First is a guy having more trouble with reading comprehension than the hordes of zombies he had to fight. Then another guy who couldn't get enough of his own face on camera. Pretty decent videos otherwise.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD