Yes or No to Patch?

Do you plan to play DOA5 more after reviewing patch details?

• Total voters

Marcio

@Haipa Sonikku
I agree with you that SC5 is a rushed crap game but SC2-SC4 were all pretty good.
Did you really say that Europeans never won biig tournaments in SC?
I am a German guy but I have to say that if there is a country that dominates SC than it's France.
The ranking is something like:
#1 France
#2 USA
#3 Germany
# maybe 8 Japan.
If you have have any idea of the SC community you can't disagree!

Edit:
To get back on topic IMO all the general things the patch added(i.e faster SS and faster duck under high attacks) are very welcome. I have never understood why ducking takes multiple frames to execute in DOA. That was a MAJOR flaw in this game.

Tokkosho

I'd say master is the only one that can currently be called one of the best. No offense to the others but Vanessa seems to be average, I haven't even seen swoozie play since E3 and C1 I haven't seen play much either.

Berzerk!

Thats right and they all beat the pants off the "best" Japanese players. US DOA - you know who the top players are - are better than the Japanese. I agreed that an arcade version of DOA would do it good, but thats for the perception and credibility, with the opportunity to pull players who respect that arena into the game.

But there's nothing to say that the Japanese are automatically better at DOA. Having seen first hand their opinions on the game they treat it differently and less seriously, and are holding its potential back with their comments.

As for other Japanese players and their status in other games, it's clear they are still fantastic at all the top 2D fighters and Virtua Fighter (and no, thats not just because US scene is smaller, look again at Fuudo and Chibita, the skill difference is clear).

Getting back on topic, the important note to take is the top players and the biggest scene is in the US, and IPL is going to be the driver for this which will maintain that status quo.

DOA does need more guaranteed situations and the sit down stun and CB in DOA5 have been the best stabs TN have taken at it. At the VERY least Stagger Escape, which waters down and randomises how effective those setups can be, should be taken out of Sit Down Stuns

Why? It gives players certainty in going for those setups. It gives the designers certainty in knowing when they design moves with Sit Down Stun what can always result from it.

I'm really amazed actually that "the japanese prefer DOA4", (I'd say its just the players LEFT that they ask, if they attracted a bigger base by improving the game the consensus would vary) when Virtua Fighter is a much more popular game in Japan and it has TONS of guaranteed setups.

It also has an amazing defensive game so its hard to get into them, but there are times in the game where you'll get punished for an ill timed jab for 50%+ of your life. Then you get up and push to do the same back, or chip away, whatever you can get. The rounds swing fast and you play another

Its SO gratifying to see the current videos coming out of the patch of rounds going FAST and people doing big damage. If you lose fast, you get to play another one fast and run it back. The damage level is finally where it needs to be.

That's WAY better for DOA, because people feel empowered, like their setups will stick, that their smart play will be rewarded.

Sit down stun > CB > Launch, lets go for it. It's nowhere 1 hit kill combos, its what's making the game exciting.

Pupi18

The patch made the game gain a new life for me. I was playing randomly but now I'm playing more constantly.

Pupi18

Well I think the SE glitch opens up some things to the players giving more options for damage which was needed before.

Dave

I wonder if they will mention why they removed it if everyone is so favorable to it.

DR2K

I wonder if they will mention why they removed it if everyone is so favorable to it.

They haven't removed it yet, hopefully they just let the community test this version out and release the content on 360 on the 29th.

Zeo

They haven't removed it yet, hopefully they just let the community test this version out and release the content on 360 on the 29th.
Unlikely, they already said it would be delayed and I don't see their minds being changed. At this point the most to hope for is them giving a release date at all.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Unlikely, they already said it would be delayed and I don't see their minds being changed.

Yeah, I definitely don't expect to see it today (Jan 29). If they release 1.03 for Xbox now, then decide that they want to fix the glitch, they'd then have to release another patch later to fix it (like they're doing on PS3), which will cost them even more money than if they just bundle 1.03 and 1.04 together. Xbox won't get the patch at all until they make up their minds about whether or not they want to fix it.

Dave

Unlikely, they already said it would be delayed and I don't see their minds being changed. At this point the most to hope for is them giving a release date at all.

Yea. I mean it's the 29th now. No way it'll be released today with how Microsoft handles their updates.

Keved

If/when another patch does emerge does anyone reckon there will be a chance they will add a rewind function to battle viewer mode? It's not a big deal i just thought it was strange how DOAU had this feature whereas DOA3, DOA4 & DOA5 had discarded it.

As for the poll i voted yes, because after downloading the patch the new friendly exhibition mode gave me characters & costumes i hadn't unlocked previously, much to my surprise. I was smitten to see Alpha's green mug on my character select screen & was equally surprised to see alot of new costumes unlocked as i highlighted a character. Part of me felt kind of cheap & entitled though, similar to how Ninja Gaiden Black gifts you dog mode as an insult because you're not worthy enough to beat the game on it's default difficulty setting.

But eh, i will take it.

Here's hoping the Xbox fanbase get the patch soon. Just doesn't seem right or fair that both consoles don't get the patch on the same date. You've got fans out there that don't have the privilege of owning both consoles so when this sort of thing happens, fans will be frustrated, & rightly so.

The convo has probably been bled dry already but was there any reasoning given behind the delay for the 360 patch?

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Here's hoping the Xbox fanbase get the patch soon. Just doesn't seem right or fair that both consoles don't get the patch on the same date. You've got fans out there that don't have the privilege of owning both consoles so when this sort of thing happens, fans will be frustrated, & rightly so.

The convo has probably been bled dry already but was there any reasoning given behind the delay for the 360 patch?
Agreed. I honestly don't know why Xbox players are the last to get updates, but I think it's pretty silly that developers decide to do that to us.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD